Your Email Address:

First Name:

different bb from nose n mouth?????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeless
Total Newbie

different bb from nose n mouth?????

Post by hopeless »

hi,
i m sooooooo depressed ....... is there any one who have the same sitution like me. i m trying to make my digestive system better than before i have become complete veggie n become addicted of corsodyl i know its dangerous for teeth but it give me some relief thats why i m not convinced to leave it. before it was difficuilt for me to live with my husband under one roof, the breath is not perfect but most of the time its not fecel . but what i should do about that shit coming from nose as well, i have checked many times n both smells are different from nose is like a smell of some chemical ...i can't explain but it is surely different from mouth. what is this ? is there any one who have experienced the same thing or i m the only one. please reply

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I have a different smell from the nose. A murky dirty old sock odor.

As an aside, I met this guy who had Bb and it was shocking it smelled exactly like I know mine smells of. Hard to explain, but it was shit, medicine, sewage, very weird odor, very strong. Later that day, I remembered that odor, and started to taste it. It's like now I have a reference point to recognizing my own breath, as I feel in my body what I smelled of him. Poor guy, I know what he's going thru, I could see it on his face and thru his mannerisms.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi hopeless,

quote:-
"but what i should do about that shit coming from nose as well, i have checked many times n both smells are different from nose is like a smell of some chemical ...i can't explain but it is surely different from mouth. what is this ? is there any one who have experienced the same thing or i m the only one. please reply"

I get the impression you are determining these smells by yourself? or is someone assisting you?
The sense of taste and smell (and even sight) all work together. For instance when we dont want to taste something bad we're eating, we block our nostrils and this reduces the taste to basic bitterness, sweetness saltiness etc, so essentially we shut off the taste by doing so.
I say this to emphasise how confusing this problem can be. From people who are oblivious to their own severe BB problem, to those who find that their odours are undetectable to others. Whether that's because people withold the truth in the hope they'll stop worrying about it, or because those who are gauging the odours may themselves have BB (meetups where no one seems to have BB) or have become used to it due to oflactory reference syndrome.
hopeless, unless someone is giving you feedback on your odours, you may be getting confused in this way.
Has anyone heard of Phantosmia or Parosmia? Search for these on wikipedia, its always a possibility
hopeless
Total Newbie

Post by hopeless »

[quote="halitosisux"]Hi hopeless,

quote:-
"but what i should do about that shit coming from nose as well, i have checked many times n both smells are different from nose is like a smell of some chemical ...i can't explain but it is surely different from mouth. what is this ? is there any one who have experienced the same thing or i m the only one. please reply"

I get the impression you are determining these smells by yourself? or is someone assisting you?
hi halitosisux this is not something which i m determining by my self 1 year back by husband or my in laws they all were able to sit close to me as i was not producing smell from nose it was only embarrasing when i talk but now no one can sit close to me even i m not talking in my class room every one hold there nose when i m close to them even i sit there by closing my lips as they r fix with gum what does it mean? clear that i have this shit from nose as well. i wish i could die but i cant because my baby needs me.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi hopeless,
What other causes have you managed to rule out?
The point of my previous reply was that unless someone has actually confirmed and described this different odour from your nose.. how can you smell your own nasal odour objectively? The odour which you believe is being exhaled from your nose could be the odour from your throat/tongue passing up into the nose.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

halitosisux wrote:Hi hopeless,
What other causes have you managed to rule out?
The point of my previous reply was that unless someone has actually confirmed and described this different odour from your nose.. how can you smell your own nasal odour objectively? The odour which you believe is being exhaled from your nose could be the odour from your throat/tongue passing up into the nose.
For me, when I lightly rub my nostrils, I get a peculiar pus-like odor. Sort of rotten mucous, which is completey different than any BB I have ever smelled. If you've ever gone a long time without cleaning your nose and you live in a city, you clean your nose with a tissue and it's dark and has a slight odor. It's sort of like that X 10.

I can't explain it, but I can tell the difference between the odors, and can sense that it's in the nose. Whether it's caused by the mouth I don't know. Obviously everything is related, but I think that it's just bacteria taking over another part of my body. My ears also stink and that is also a different smell. I'm very much in tune with my body!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi elliot,
I occasionally get odours like that too. But thank god its only a transient thing for me and nothing to do with the typical odours that some describe on here. I think that at times it can just be the fact that the front of the nose is so susceptible to germs entering and mucus stagnation/drying local injury/scabbing etc. Whenever im aware of this odour i just use something called bactoban (which i believe is chlorhexidine and some antibiotic ingredient) its a cream and i put a light coating around the tip of my nostrils and its very effective. Also i think anything that keeps the area moist, like vaseline helps to keep this problem away.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

halitosisux wrote:Hi elliot,
I occasionally get odours like that too. But thank god its only a transient thing for me and nothing to do with the typical odours that some describe on here. I think that at times it can just be the fact that the front of the nose is so susceptible to germs entering and mucus stagnation/drying local injury/scabbing etc. Whenever im aware of this odour i just use something called bactoban (which i believe is chlorhexidine and some antibiotic ingredient) its a cream and i put a light coating around the tip of my nostrils and its very effective. Also i think anything that keeps the area moist, like vaseline helps to keep this problem away.
It could be simple germ and bacteria build up, but what concerns me, is that this is new for me, and is now getting worse everyday. I have never had a problem with nasal odor and I live in a city with lots of fumes.

Where do you get the bactoban? Is it prescription?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

DAMN i made a mistake, sorry...
Its not BACTOBAN its BACTROBAN.
Im not sure if its prescription only, but i get mine on prescription about once a year, i dont use a lot.
This is interesting because when i get these odours (which are fairly minor and very easy to clear up) i can smell a constant crappy smell as though its all around me. What im trying to emphasise is that such a small area of relatively minor odour can smell so strongly because of where its located. Try placing the tiniest amount of odourous chemical there and see how strong the odour can seem and how it misleadingly feels as though the smell is all around you. Could some people simply have bad smelling germs which have colonised in this area and taken over, as opposed to something which may feel so much worse for some, as though it must be something going on within the sinuses?

Here is a description:-
BACTROBAN nasal ointment contains mupirocin (2% w/w) as the active ingredient. Mupirocin is an antibiotic. Antibiotics work by killing bacteria
which can cause infection. BACTROBAN nasal ointment is used to remove the bacteria called ‘Staphylococcus aureus’ (golden staph.) from inside your nose. BACTROBAN nasal ointment is for use in your nose only.

Its something to consider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic