THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I need your advice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mizz123
Junior
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 am

I need your advice

Post by mizz123 »

Ok, so I ahve been struggling with this problem for years. I went to an ENT today and they told me that I could have my tonsils out if I wanted but it is extremely painful. I told them I had bad breath and tonsil stones. (which I don't have very often) He said if I had them out then my problem would be fixed. But after reading some posts that may not be the answer. Why don't doctors know anything about this? I feel like they get embarressed when you say anything about it or they totally avoid it. I asked my primary care for an h. pylori test and she completely ignored me. All she wanted to talk about was me having anxiety. I have had it! So I guess my question is should I have my foolish tonsils out? Or am I going to go thru all that pain and deal with the same shit. I'm telling you I can't take this anymore. Everyones comments your stinky, you wanna piece of gum?, No I have my own gum and u know that so why are you offering me a piece. Oh thats right to make me feel like sh*t! Sorry for venting any advice for me, anyone?
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

From what i've read on various BB sites over the years, i'd estimate that tonsillectomy cures BB in about 5 to10% of the cases. The decision is really up to you.
mizz123
Junior
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 am

Post by mizz123 »

when i wrote (which I don't have very often) I was talking about the tonsil stones, I just said that so they would listen to me.
katie
Junior
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Post by katie »

Have you considered laser therapy on your tonsils? As far as I know that's nothing as painful as a full extraction. There is a doctor in Israel that does it Dr. Finkelstein and in New York Dr. Crespi. As far as I know initially they claimed a pretty high success rate in terms of bb. I vaguely remember one or 2 people on the forum reporting cures from Dr. Crespi.? You could do a search on the forum. I think Id be more inclined to try that then get my tonsils out. Incidentally I think my bb started shortly after having my tonsils out! (And after many many courses of antibiotics for sore throats etc.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗