Hello all,
I'm sorry if this sounds repetitive to some, but I've decided to share my history. They say it's good to talk about it, so here I go!
I was born in Kabul, Afghanistan. When I was one, I was diagnosed with polio. My mother took me to Russia when I was four, for intense physical therapy. It helped a lot, from not being able to sit - to being able to stand, I improved dramatically.
When I was six (back to Kabul), I was taken to the hospital for circumcision. After the surgery, my mom + the doctor noticed that I was bleeding excessively. So, to make up for the lost blood, I was given infusions of human blood. With my luck, I got Hepatitis C from one of those infusions.
Fast-forwarding to 2000, when we moved to the U.S. It was here in America that I was told that I have a bleeding disorder called, "Hemophilia."
I have severe hemophilia type A.
A few weeks later after some blood tests, I was told that I have hepatitis C.
Immediately, I was put on this new experimental drug (shots) that would 'freeze' my Hep. C. progression and inactivate it (I believe the medicine was called "Interferon").
The interferon worked and my Hep. C. is inactive and I cannot transmit it to my girlfriend (Thank God!!!).
It was around the age of 13-14 when I started having bad breath.
Just a side note, when I was in Afghanistan, taking care of my teeth was the least of my worries/problems. Half the time, I was in hopsitals, suffering from some sort of sickness, so in conclusion, I didn't take care of my oral hygiene due to all my other problems.
Anyways, when I started to learn English and learned to use the computer, I immediately started doing some research on causes of bad breath. I soon realized that bb is complex and a number of things can cause it. I have mentioned it to my dentist so many times and every time, he tells me there's nothing that can be done and that I should just try and cover it up.
So, lately I've been wondering what could possibly be the cause(s) of my bb. Here are some of my theories...
1. From my research, I learned that bb can sometimes be caused from cirrhosis of the liver (caused by some sicknesses, in my case, Hep C.).
2. My POOR oral hygiene before coming to America. Perhaps I have infections in my oral cavity that I don't know about.
Since I'm still learning English, I don't know some of the terminology that I've read here on this forum. For example, I don't know what the 'sinuses' are and where they are. I know what PND stands for, but I don't know how that can cause bb. By the way, I don't have any bad odors coming from my nose at all. However, like some people here on this forum, I do sometimes have this thick thing in the back of my throat that I constantly want to clear it up. No matter how much I swallow, it doesn't go away.
No matter how much I floss or how often I brush my teeth, the bb is still there. Most of the time, it's a fecal smell.
Continuing the list of possible causes...
3. I haven't had tonsillectomy, so maybe that can be the main cause, or contribute to it? I don't know how to check if I do have odors coming/forming there.
4. I know that Josh was cured of bb when he discovered that it was coming from his lower wisdom tooth. Perhaps this might be the case for me? I still have all of my wisdom teeth. I don't know if they are "erupted" or not or even what that means lol.
In conclusion, even though I have been suffering from Polio, Hep. C. (inactive now, thank God) and Hemophilia all my life, the most crippling thing has been my bad breath. I have learned to live a happy life despite all my serious disabilities, yet this horrible curse of a bad breath has been the most debilitating thing in my life.
If anyone has anything to say, anything to contribute, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am on Facebook and Myspace. I don't care/mind if you contact me on there or email me.
You can look me up by
[email protected]
Thank you so much,
- Shekaibbbbbbbbbbbb
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Possible wisdom teeth extraction complications
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.