THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

My expectations of grapefruit seed extract have been a FLOP

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
OdourFree
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 am

My expectations of grapefruit seed extract have been a FLOP

Post by OdourFree »

I ordered GSE because I'd read when used as a sinus irrigator its antibacterial, antifungal etc. properties helped others control their bad breath and reduce PND. While waiting for GSE to arrive I used tea tree oil and water as a nasal irrigator and this did help a lot. The PND and bad taste reduced, and nose became unblocked which was a great relief at night, but the smell remained.

When the GSE arrived I used it immediately and for a couple of days after, which is enough time for it to start working. What happened ? The PND, blocked nose and bad taste returned with a vengence. So I've gone back to using tea tree oil as I believe its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-everything else is much better than GSE.

GSE has been reduced to the back of the drawer until I find another use for it. Another wasted purchase ](*,)
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

odourfree,

Thanks for letting us know about the grapefruit seed extract.

Atleast others can be aware and make informed decisions.
Personally, I have never used this one before.

Thanks.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

GSE, TT oil... I think both are myths. But I don't believe the cure will be that simple anyway.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

GSE made my breath worse...
OdourFree
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 am

Post by OdourFree »

I've not for one moment thought that GSE or tea tree oil would cure my bad breath problem, just reduce it to a level that I can enjoy a semblance of normal life, rather than feeling that I have to hide myself away like a leper.

But I do think the cause is simple - I know it's staring me in the face but I just can't see it at the moment (even after 16 years of visiting every relevent medical discipline lol), and hopefully the cure will also be simple.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗