THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Something is working...?
Something is working...?
So, I think something is working for me. The Sinus Rinse (I've decided to perform it again...even though it caused problems for me), when done properly with Neil Med's is reducing my nasal odor by a noticeable amount. And just 2 days ago, I bought a Mucinex Nasal spray and it reduced by BadBreath by a noticeable amount as well. Dunno how it influenced my nasal odor though. But Mucinex Nasal spray can only be used for 3 days--so I can't use it anymore or it will cause worse problems with mucus and stuff ( says so on the bottle)...But this gave me an idea...If Mucinex nasal spray can cause good results in 2 days, what if I got a prescription nasal spray from an ENT ( it should be stronger--after all, it's a prescription drug). Prescription nasal sprays can also be used for prolonged periods of time. So, what does everyone else think? Am I trying to make a square out of a circle? Am I on to something? I'm thinking that I have some sort of sinus infection ( even though it doesn't seem like it)--after all, why would a SINUS spray and rinse give me some relief? Perhaps, I'll also be prescribed antibiotics which may kill whatever problem I have in my nose ...So everyone input your thoughts...I would definitely like to know what you guys think. Also, I had a deep-cleaning of my gingivitis 2 weeks ago...Is is possible that I'm following in the right footsteps for my recovery from bad breath AND nasal odor?
Green, I have tried everything, all of those nasal sprays, they obviously do help, what helped me was nasonex, its kind of expensive, but if u have a good insurance that would help, but other than that I have heard that cusing black onion seeds and making it into a powder form, n mixing it with olive oil and salt helps. I have tried it, it helped but I wasn't able to crush the black onion seed completely, so was scared of using it, otherwise it is a very safe and good thing to use.
-
NYConfused
- Junior
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am
did the mucinex help because you have sinus problems? and did it help your breath from your mouth or nose?wnaysha wrote:Green, I have tried everything, all of those nasal sprays, they obviously do help, what helped me was nasonex, its kind of expensive, but if u have a good insurance that would help, but other than that I have heard that cusing black onion seeds and making it into a powder form, n mixing it with olive oil and salt helps. I have tried it, it helped but I wasn't able to crush the black onion seed completely, so was scared of using it, otherwise it is a very safe and good thing to use.
I did try micinex tablets, but it dried my mouth n that made the situation worse. the nelli stuff worked in cleaning my nose, n I don't think bb is caused just by ur sinuses or GERD, I think it happens when u have pnd,Gerd, irregular bowel movements, bad oral hygien, and weak immune system. When all of them happen at the same time, the result u'll get is bb.
I know it b/c one of my relatives has this really strong bb, n his wife hates him, its so sad, n she always complains to my mom about how he's not taking care of himself, but I know its not his fault so i always tell my mom to never let her say anything bad to him. anyways, so he also has the same problems, he has pnd and acid problems. Infact he even did a surgery to remove his sinuses, I think it helped a little bit, but when his problems came back he started having bb agian.
I know it b/c one of my relatives has this really strong bb, n his wife hates him, its so sad, n she always complains to my mom about how he's not taking care of himself, but I know its not his fault so i always tell my mom to never let her say anything bad to him. anyways, so he also has the same problems, he has pnd and acid problems. Infact he even did a surgery to remove his sinuses, I think it helped a little bit, but when his problems came back he started having bb agian.
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Anyway, Wnaysha, do you have nasal odor? Or a combination of both bb and nasal odor? (You don't really specify). Also, I do not have GERD; yet I have bb and nasal. So, bb is actually a combination of different factors--different people have different combination of factors that cause their problem.
---------------
"cusing black onion seeds and making it into a powder form, n mixing it with olive oil and salt helps. "--Wnasyha
What do you mean when you say this? Do you mean gargling with this?
Furthermore, if you have nasal odor, have you experienced relief from using those sinus sprays? Have you performed sinus rinses? Have you ever visited the ENT and what did he say and prescribe to you?
( I know, I know, a lot of questions
but I'm curious!)
---------------
"cusing black onion seeds and making it into a powder form, n mixing it with olive oil and salt helps. "--Wnasyha
What do you mean when you say this? Do you mean gargling with this?
Furthermore, if you have nasal odor, have you experienced relief from using those sinus sprays? Have you performed sinus rinses? Have you ever visited the ENT and what did he say and prescribe to you?
( I know, I know, a lot of questions
wnaysha wrote: the nelli stuff worked in cleaning my nose, n I don't think bb is caused just by ur sinuses or GERD, I think it happens when u have pnd,Gerd, irregular bowel movements, bad oral hygien, and weak immune system. When all of them happen at the same time, the result u'll get is bb.
Infact he even did a surgery to remove his sinuses, I think it helped a little bit, but when his problems came back he started having bb agian.
I don't have much time to reply to your post, but I think you need to get your facts right before posting these statements. As a sinus sufferer I know for a fact that bb can come from your sinuses.
Plus I have never heard of anyone having their sinuses removed. This has upset me because there are people reading this board who are at their lowest and statements like these can just cause them to give up hope.
http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html ... sitis.html
Had to edit the above link.
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/157/main.html
I feel too strongly about this subject to just past this post up. I have suffered and fought too hard to get people aware of the problem...
April: I'm not trying to make ppl hopeless in finding a cure, n yes there is a surgery for sinuses.
"Sinus surgery involves the precise removal of diseased sinus tissue with the improvement in the natural drainage channels by the creation of a pathway for infected material to drain from the sinus cavities. In most situations, your doctor will employ endoscopic techniques which allow better and more precise visualization without the need for external incisions. As a result, there is less swelling, bleeding, and discomfort than with conventional external surgery and a faster recovery."
and to tell u the truth I'm very very very seriouse about bb. i'm 19 yrs old, very beautiful, smart, used to get A's in all of my classes, wanted and still want to be a doctor, n suffer from bb. I just can't describe how I feel about this, It has truely ruined my life, but I have too many things to do in life. I cant afford to give up on this, I have to be fast and strong in solving it.
and to tell u the truth I'm very very very seriouse about bb. i'm 19 yrs old, very beautiful, smart, used to get A's in all of my classes, wanted and still want to be a doctor, n suffer from bb. I just can't describe how I feel about this, It has truely ruined my life, but I have too many things to do in life. I cant afford to give up on this, I have to be fast and strong in solving it.
Green,
I do have nasal odor, don't know whether its from nose itself or coming from stomach or respiratory system, or all of them. Yes i do have bb. Ur bb could be because of pnd, and irregular bowel movement.
n sorry i meant Crush black onion seed and make it into a powder form, then mix a lil bit of it with olive oil and salt, then instill a few drops of it in ur right and left nasal passages. u'll feel it going down ur nose n into ur sinus pockets, sinus tissue feels numb, n pain goes away, it also cleans n reduces sinus problems. HELPS A LOT! I stopped using it b/c I couldn't make it in powder form completely, n was scared that pieces of it might remain in my nose, .
Yes I also use netti pot, n yes it does help me.
Yes I have visited ENT, he prescribed Nasonex(very good, non addicting nasal spray) after 20 visits, n i did a tonsolectomy which didn't help much.(saved me from taking antibiotics weekly. lol.)
SO How many pages did I type Green?
I do have nasal odor, don't know whether its from nose itself or coming from stomach or respiratory system, or all of them. Yes i do have bb. Ur bb could be because of pnd, and irregular bowel movement.
n sorry i meant Crush black onion seed and make it into a powder form, then mix a lil bit of it with olive oil and salt, then instill a few drops of it in ur right and left nasal passages. u'll feel it going down ur nose n into ur sinus pockets, sinus tissue feels numb, n pain goes away, it also cleans n reduces sinus problems. HELPS A LOT! I stopped using it b/c I couldn't make it in powder form completely, n was scared that pieces of it might remain in my nose, .
Yes I also use netti pot, n yes it does help me.
Yes I have visited ENT, he prescribed Nasonex(very good, non addicting nasal spray) after 20 visits, n i did a tonsolectomy which didn't help much.(saved me from taking antibiotics weekly. lol.)
SO How many pages did I type Green?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.