THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

My experience with Metrinodazole!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ElGrizzle
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

My experience with Metrinodazole!

Post by ElGrizzle »

Ok so, It all started with amoxicillin. I told my doctor I wanted to take it to see if it would help with the bb. So I did, and it helped, but it didn't get rid of it. So I went back there and said I want more and I want to take it with metrinodazole, so he said ok, and he added a Pariet, which is an ATPase inhibitor, this triple therapy is used to treat H. Pylori, even though my test was negative he said we will do it anyways.

Ok so after a few days, no bad taste in my mouth, no fowl comments, but good breath, and even if I leaved my window closed, and slept in my room, it wouldn't smell bad.

So im like yea!

Although, I have also been washing my sinuses every night, which also gets rid of bad taste in my mouth.

But, now the antibiotics are ending, a sour taste it coming back in my mouth, but no bad smell out the nose. I think its because I starting eating a whole bunch of cookies once I figured my breath wasn't bad anymore! So im I not ever able to eat sugars? THat sucks cause Im skinny and I need to gain weight!!!!!!

Whats funny is Flagyl(metrinodazole) is used to treat Blastocystis, which is a parasite I tested positive for many times, yet Doctors don't believe it does anything to our systems. Does anyone else have blastocystis?

It kinda sucks not being able to drink though!!!! Is there any way of getting drunk without drinking, hahahaha?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Great news ElGrizzle,
Do you think the odours from your nose have stopped because of the metronidazole or the sinus washes?
Maybe getting rid of the parasites has done it?
Maybe the sour taste is just normal bacteria repopulating until a balanced oral flora has taken hold again.
Hope you are cured.
CHEERS!
ElGrizzle
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by ElGrizzle »

Im not sure exactly. But I notice a fungus smell of the nose is gone. Even though I had that smell when I saw a ENT, and he said nothing of it. weird, could mean that its in the blood.

The regular washes definitely help. And so did the triple therapy.

Before I wouldn't do regular washes because it dried out my nose, but now I use a gel afterwards. I put it on a q-tip and gently massage the nasal passages. There are some nice things in the gel like sodium bicarbonate and aloe vera that probably help keep my sinuses from getting infected.

SO I HIGHLY RECOMEND A NIGHTLY NASAL RINSE with a moisturizing gel.

And if that doesn't work, continue to do it cause its really good for your mind/eyes/health and try the triple therapy that I did.
hello
Junior
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

Post by hello »

ElGrizzle r u still bb free? and r u still taking metrinodazole? let us know your updates. thanks.
ElGrizzle
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by ElGrizzle »

No, it came back, about a week after I stopped the antibiotics. Also when I stopped I got constant diarhea.

Having it come back, lets me know that it did go away. It was amazing to brush my teeth and actually have my mouth taste fresh like the toothpaste. I have that terrible taste once again, and that crazy ravenous hunger and food intolerance came back also. Same with the open pores and crap coming out of them.

I told my doctor, and we took a stool sample, I am going to see my doctor again in the next few days. We are going to work together its very nice. We are thinking its Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) but I can't get a gastro ENT appointment till march.
asd
Master
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by asd »

sounds like you have a great doctor elgrizzle. Lots dont really give a shit.

Have you mentioned this forum to him/her? Or the situation of this misunderstood disease.
OdourFree
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 am

Post by OdourFree »

I've experienced those 'fresh 'n clean' periods when taking a course of antibiotics and even better when there's less mucos but it's so disappointing when it returns after finishing the antibiotics, and what feels like 10 times worse.
It's great to have a doctor who's curious about the bacterial growth enough to keep testing for different causes. I wish there were more of them, although saying that I have had some doctors that were very keen to help at first but gave up after they had exhausted all their known possibilities.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

OdourFree wrote:I've experienced those 'fresh 'n clean' periods when taking a course of antibiotics and even better when there's less mucos but it's so disappointing when it returns after finishing the antibiotics, and what feels like 10 times worse.
It's great to have a doctor who's curious about the bacterial growth enough to keep testing for different causes. I wish there were more of them, although saying that I have had some doctors that were very keen to help at first but gave up after they had exhausted all their known possibilities.
Yeah, that sums it up completetly
hello
Junior
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

Post by hello »

ElGrizzle wrote:No, it came back, about a week after I stopped the antibiotics. Also when I stopped I got constant diarhea.

Having it come back, lets me know that it did go away. It was amazing to brush my teeth and actually have my mouth taste fresh like the toothpaste. I have that terrible taste once again, and that crazy ravenous hunger and food intolerance came back also. Same with the open pores and crap coming out of them.

I told my doctor, and we took a stool sample, I am going to see my doctor again in the next few days. We are going to work together its very nice. We are thinking its Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) but I can't get a gastro ENT appointment till march.
Hey what you mean by open pores and crap coming out of them...because I keep getting whiteheads in my nose area.
ElGrizzle
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by ElGrizzle »

yea like whiteheads I guess, its not pimples, but white coming out of the pores, especially at the sides of the nose.
bbsux
Advanced
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

Post by bbsux »

El Grizzle i sent you a PM because i pretty much have the same problem.
I didnt mention it in my PM but i also have acne problem IF I AM NOT ON ANTIBIOTICS i get acne too mostly white heads especially on the nose and around it .
Rightnow my doctor is letting me stay on 250mg antibiotics once a day becuase i pretty much begged her telling her that it helps my acne and helps my breath....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗