Hi,all,
my tonsils used to stink,so I had them removed in the end of december .. but,bb remained . .it is less ofensive than before,but I still cannot live a normal life. I don't know what else could be the cause of my bb . bb bacteria,I guess .
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
bb reduced after a tonsillectomy
Hi ebg,
First of all, how is your teeth status? Have you visited dentist? Do you have removed wisdom teeth? What about tongue, is it white all time? Mouth, is it dry?
I'm not so smart on this forum and probably not give you smart answer
, just wanna know details, and others sufferers with better experience to see them, then to give you some directions...
First of all, how is your teeth status? Have you visited dentist? Do you have removed wisdom teeth? What about tongue, is it white all time? Mouth, is it dry?
I'm not so smart on this forum and probably not give you smart answer
Dude, I had my tonsils out early december and it didnt cure me. But it helped a lot. The things I did after cured me. Tonsillectomy is always a good step.
Tonsils basicly act like huge gum pockets. If your lucky, you just have some oral health issues to addres and then you will be completely out of the woods. Go get your teeth professionally cleaned.
The theory I have for my recovery, is that I started with BB bacteria from bad oral hygiene, this eventually infected my tonsils. Then I perfected my oral hygiene but the tonsils were still a haven for the bacteria. Got the tonsils out, and only tiny bits of this infection remained, but without the safehouse tonsils they were much more vunerable, and boom they got their asses kicked.
PM me if you want anything else, your situation sounds similar to mine, hope for your sake it is.
Tonsils basicly act like huge gum pockets. If your lucky, you just have some oral health issues to addres and then you will be completely out of the woods. Go get your teeth professionally cleaned.
The theory I have for my recovery, is that I started with BB bacteria from bad oral hygiene, this eventually infected my tonsils. Then I perfected my oral hygiene but the tonsils were still a haven for the bacteria. Got the tonsils out, and only tiny bits of this infection remained, but without the safehouse tonsils they were much more vunerable, and boom they got their asses kicked.
PM me if you want anything else, your situation sounds similar to mine, hope for your sake it is.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Here's an analogy based on what i went through in over 20 years with BB, from pointless tonsillectomy to total success with a single tooth extraction..
Imagine my mouth is a bathroom. I have to keep it clean (my saliva flow) otherwise it will smell.
Imagine my wisdom tooth is the toilet.
In this bathroom is a carpet (my tongue) and a rug (my tonsils).
But i have a problem, because no matter what i do my bathroom STINKS.
So, I spray air freshener (mouthwash) to deal with it.
YES! problem solved.
Two minutes later the smell of shit fills the room once again.
F**K.
So now i try scrubbing my carpet clean (tongue scraping).
YES! problem solved, I leave the room.
Ten minutes later i return to check my lovely fresh bathroom and find it STINKS AGAIN!
F**K.
I suspect my rug is the source of the problem, so i throw it out (tonsillectomy).
But it makes no difference because my carpet still stinks.
I try scrubbing my carpet harder, with more expensive cleaners (Dr. Katz & co.), but it's all futile.
I sit there puzzled and wonder why my lovely bathroom smells of shit when i keep it all so clean.
I walk around my bathroom to see if i can figure this out, and suddenly i realise my toilet is faulty and overflowing with SHIT from the back.
So, i fix the toilet (tooth extraction).
Problem solved.
Some thoughts...
How can it be that every mouth, containing microbial flora, WILL produce some odour when there isnt enough saliva flow and yet for some people this happens even when there is enough saliva flow?
Who truly knows whether the odours on the tongue that are enough to cause BB are produced by the actual bacteria which live on the tongue?
This COULD just be an assumption the fresh breath industry wants us to believe, because they know we'll just be fighting a battle we can never win.
Think about what has happened in my case. Think about how FEASIBLE it is for certain conditions to produce the terrible odours we get with BB. The sinuses, the teeth and gums - Both KNOWN to produce their own foul odours. Both KNOWN to have problems that manage to evade detection. Both KNOWN to cause bad breath. Both within range of being able to infest the tongue and whole mouth with odourous discharge.
Imagine my mouth is a bathroom. I have to keep it clean (my saliva flow) otherwise it will smell.
Imagine my wisdom tooth is the toilet.
In this bathroom is a carpet (my tongue) and a rug (my tonsils).
But i have a problem, because no matter what i do my bathroom STINKS.
So, I spray air freshener (mouthwash) to deal with it.
YES! problem solved.
Two minutes later the smell of shit fills the room once again.
F**K.
So now i try scrubbing my carpet clean (tongue scraping).
YES! problem solved, I leave the room.
Ten minutes later i return to check my lovely fresh bathroom and find it STINKS AGAIN!
F**K.
I suspect my rug is the source of the problem, so i throw it out (tonsillectomy).
But it makes no difference because my carpet still stinks.
I try scrubbing my carpet harder, with more expensive cleaners (Dr. Katz & co.), but it's all futile.
I sit there puzzled and wonder why my lovely bathroom smells of shit when i keep it all so clean.
I walk around my bathroom to see if i can figure this out, and suddenly i realise my toilet is faulty and overflowing with SHIT from the back.
So, i fix the toilet (tooth extraction).
Problem solved.
Some thoughts...
How can it be that every mouth, containing microbial flora, WILL produce some odour when there isnt enough saliva flow and yet for some people this happens even when there is enough saliva flow?
Who truly knows whether the odours on the tongue that are enough to cause BB are produced by the actual bacteria which live on the tongue?
This COULD just be an assumption the fresh breath industry wants us to believe, because they know we'll just be fighting a battle we can never win.
Think about what has happened in my case. Think about how FEASIBLE it is for certain conditions to produce the terrible odours we get with BB. The sinuses, the teeth and gums - Both KNOWN to produce their own foul odours. Both KNOWN to have problems that manage to evade detection. Both KNOWN to cause bad breath. Both within range of being able to infest the tongue and whole mouth with odourous discharge.
'Some thoughts...
How can it be that every mouth, containing microbial flora, WILL produce some odour when there isnt enough saliva flow and yet for some people this happens even when there is enough saliva flow?
Who truly knows whether the odours on the tongue that are enough to cause BB are produced by the actual bacteria which live on the tongue?
This COULD just be an assumption the fresh breath industry wants us to believe, because they know we'll just be fighting a battle we can never win.
Think about what has happened in my case. Think about how FEASIBLE it is for certain conditions to produce the terrible odours we get with BB. The sinuses, the teeth and gums - Both KNOWN to produce their own foul odours. Both KNOWN to have problems that manage to evade detection. Both KNOWN to cause bad breath. Both within range of being able to infest the tongue and whole mouth with odourous discharge.'
Thats a f***ing good point. Thats excactly the sort of thing the pharmaceutical companies would do. Have us fighting symptoms aslong as possible, and not addressing the damn cause.
This world is so damn corrupt it does my head in.
How can it be that every mouth, containing microbial flora, WILL produce some odour when there isnt enough saliva flow and yet for some people this happens even when there is enough saliva flow?
Who truly knows whether the odours on the tongue that are enough to cause BB are produced by the actual bacteria which live on the tongue?
This COULD just be an assumption the fresh breath industry wants us to believe, because they know we'll just be fighting a battle we can never win.
Think about what has happened in my case. Think about how FEASIBLE it is for certain conditions to produce the terrible odours we get with BB. The sinuses, the teeth and gums - Both KNOWN to produce their own foul odours. Both KNOWN to have problems that manage to evade detection. Both KNOWN to cause bad breath. Both within range of being able to infest the tongue and whole mouth with odourous discharge.'
Thats a f***ing good point. Thats excactly the sort of thing the pharmaceutical companies would do. Have us fighting symptoms aslong as possible, and not addressing the damn cause.
This world is so damn corrupt it does my head in.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.