THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Probiotics for nasal odours

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Probiotics for nasal odours

Post by halitosisux »

Ok, this may sound like a really stupid question and sorry if its been covered and tried in the past, i dont recall ever seeing it mentioned. I asked this question recently in another thread but nobody replied. I have no experience with nasal odours because i never had any. But
since probiotics appear to have such beneficial improvements in the bowel and in the mouth (for a while at least) has anyone ever heard of or tried irrigating their nose/sinuses with a liquid containing probiotics of any kind?

This is probably a dangerous thing to do, but i cant imagine it being any more dangerous than irrigation by itself.

I know live yoghurt helped reduce my mouth BB when i tried it, this was the most powerful "remedy" which helped me. So im just wondering because i hear people irrigating with all sorts of things, and im just wondering if anyone has tried this approach to nasal odours and bacterial overgrowths and whether its helped or not, rather than using antibacterials/antibiotics.
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by meowkity1 »

halitosissux. I did try it but it wasnt something I found . I dont even know if they make it. But you mentioned it so I said what the hell. You might know I have had relief from nose fart since antibiotic, and probiotic. Any way opened the probiotic pill and I put it in netipot. Icant say much more other than I tried it. It didnt burn or sting, I tried it this mornig, and I'll try it a few more times, I think I am using too much stuff to really know what has helped. My whole regimen is listed under arnica, and I went to dentist today( I cried, horrible situation) wich I begged them to give me chlorhexidine. So now that is 1 more thing to make my regime even longer. Arnica is great for mouthwash, But I want something that is going to kill bacteria. I know your cured now, so thanks for all your tips and insights.Im using so many things, so I dont know if probiotic in my nose is helping, but it makes since, and hopefully it won't hurt or kill me.
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by meowkity1 »

sinus buster, says it will flush out bad bacteria that lead to sinitus, nothing that will replace good bacteria though
xlear nasal wash with xylitol, may be helpful
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Thanx for replying meowkitty,
If you are improving maybe its worth continuing with putting probiotics in your netipot. Lots of people with nasal odours have tried and failed with antibiotics, so you just never know it could be the probiotics winning the battle inside your nose and sinuses, and like i said i have never seen it mentioned before which seems strange when you consider all the different things people have tried. You are the only person to comment on this, so this idea is either something very stupid, or something very clever lol.
I read all about your upsetting time at the dentist, i can empathise with you. But you have been strong and brave and you are showing amazing determination to beat this by getting out there and taking some good logical steps towards achieving this.
I think chlorhexidine mouthwash is avaliable OTC in many different branded products here in the UK, so it probably is where you are too.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Halitosisux,

I didn`t comment on that idea because I didn`t think sinusitis was my main problem and the cause for BB. If that was the case I would have already tried ur idea, I do not find it stupid at all.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

thanx for that info iva :)
has anyone else got any comments to make on this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗