THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Visited Oral Surgeon today re wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well little update, i woke up with super fresh feeling in my mouth, the chewing gum tasted so good, it burned my throat a little

Update I am not sure if this is the cure, but I am sure that the teeth are the ****ing problem, so if this does not solve it, this fucker is gonna be pulled.

My head is not foggy, my pnd is gone, it was really minor, I still have reactions but almost minimal today, but like everything probably ****ing bacteria will strike back and bb will return like it always happens.

So I will report in 1 week
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Great to hear jimi. Any sustained improvement is a good sign you are closing in on the root-cause of your problem. Good luck!!
hopefulnblessed
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by hopefulnblessed »

I drank coffee this morning and it usually makes my bb worse...much worse, (I enjoy coffee though).. but this morning and yesterday it didn't linger like it usually does.

My breath is probably 80% better!! I am healing more and more each day!!

I also wanted everyone to know, that before I had my wisdoms taken out, one of teeth cracked. I felt a crack in it for a few days and then a big chunk just broke off. My bb got really bad when that happened. A lot of coating on my tongue. I had to wait about 2 days for an appt. at the dentist. After he fixed it, my BB improved. I really believe that most of our problems are teeth and/or gums.

I cannot believe that I waited until I was 47 to have my wisdoms out!!! IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN!!!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

YEEEEHAAAAAA!

Exactly!.. dental problems and sinus problems both produce odours, so why would BB have to be anything more complicated than this? - just cos we havent located such a problem doesnt mean we dont have one.
The only difficult thing about curing BB is accepting the possibility it really could be this simple, and finding sympathetic people who are willing to help us diagnose and treat any such problem.
mindyb
ungrateful trash
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 am

Post by mindyb »

Jimi-
Prayers are with you!!! I hope this is your cure. Anyway, when you went into your dentist, what did you say? I always fumble when I go in there since the first time I said I have bb, and they gave me no hope. I want to be assertive and get someone to take this seriously and really look at my mouth around the wisdoms, etc.
Give me some thoughts on how to get a good examination & that will make them take me seriously!!!!!!! ](*,)
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Jimi,

man I am so happy for u! I hope this will solve ur problems! I have an appointment for Sunday to have one of my wisdom teeth (which is not fully erupted) removed. I do not even dare hope this will be the end of my troubles...
Snobuni
Sheriff
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Snobuni »

hopefulnblessed,

What made you suspect your wisdom teeth in the first place? Did they smell when you flossed or rubbed around them? Were they only partially erupted? Were they hard to floss? Did you have gum pockets around them? Sore gums and pain in the area? Decay in the teeth themselves?

Sorry for all the questions! :oops:
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

I´m really happy for you Jimi and for all that been getting improvements!!!

good luck for all fingers crossed!!!

:D
hopefulnblessed
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by hopefulnblessed »

There were several reasons why I suspected my wisdom teeth.

1. When I would floss on my left upper side the smell would be really bad. Only between two teeth though. It was between my last molar and the one right before that...not between the wisdom teeth and the last molar. I suspected that the wisdom was pushing my teeth or something.

2. Also on my left side my lower had a gum flap. I could push it up with my tongue.

3. My dentist told me for years that eventually my wisdoms would cause me problems even though they don't hurt.

4. I read here and other places on the web that Wisdom teeth could cause BB.

5. For the most part all 4 of my Wisdoms were errupted.

6. I also suspected that my upper left was close to my sinus or something because when I would get a cold my BB got worse and it always seemed connected to the left nostril. It would be clogged and stuff.
Snobuni
Sheriff
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Snobuni »

Thanks for the info Hopefulnblessed, it's good to hear that you're on your way to getting rid of your bb completely :D
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well I just went to the dentist and said if he can laser the gum off, because it is overlapping and he pulled some food out of the gum. I said that this is probably causing my bad breath, he said ok, and he was really nice. I felt really like a human. The nurse on the other hand was making gestures like bad smell.

Update on my condition, I wake up with fresh feeling every day, but today the reactions were really bad, i feel the yucky feeling is almost gone, and I dont feel I should use mouthwash at all.

But the reactions from people were harsh. Also from sinuses some gunk is dropping off, like chunks of puss or something.

I am kind of sad because I dont see any real improvement in reactions, and I am freaking out. Probably this will not be the cure, and I will have to live with this ****ing condition all my life.

Sorry everybody
mindyb
ungrateful trash
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 am

Post by mindyb »

Jimi-
Do you think that maybe there are other areas in your mouth that he could laser? Do you have all of your wisdom teeth or have some been pulled?

So hopefulandblessed, are you totally cured and are positvie your bb is gone due to pulling the teeth? I have an appt. next week. I hope they do something or find areas that may be causing the smell.
UGHHHHHH.
Jimi, keep your head up, you never know what can happen.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Jimi, maybe you're still healing and it's gonna take a while for all the bb bacterias to be eliminated, especially in the throat area.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

jimi you have to let the gums heal from all that. I know its not the same thing, but anyone who has had a tonsillectomy knows how the healing process literally takes over the whole mouth with strange layers and coatings, white blood cells and whatever. The same mechanisms kick in even with a minor healing process, but less noticeable.

Such a gum flap full of trapped debris could have been the sole cause of your BB, but at the very least a big contributor. If you notice definite improvements once everything settles down then feel encouraged by your results so far and let your dentist work on any other areas where there could be other foul discharge contaminating your mouth.

If it turns out that none of this makes any difference to your BB, then from your earlier descriptions it sounds like might have some sinus or nasal issues which need attention. Nasal odours are a sure as shit sign that something isnt right up there.

Try not to freak out or panic, the freshness you felt is a very good sign, i noticed that immediately too.
hopefulnblessed
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by hopefulnblessed »

There is a BIG difference in my mouth right now!! My saliva is not think anymore. When I used to rub my tongue over my teeth it would feel thick..I don't have that feeling any more.

I do not smell the fecal smell at all anymore, not even when I wake up in the morning. I used to always be able to smell it myself. I know some people can't smell their own but I always could.

I was given a prescription mouth rinse by the surgeon to fight infection. I am on Fosomax and he said it was an added precation because of that. I stopped using it so I will see if my freshness will stay. If not, then that rinse is working!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗