Your Email Address:

First Name:

Visited Oral Surgeon today re wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

hopefulnblessed

I bet you're walking on air right now \:D/ . I'm so pleased for you. Let us know if the Fosomax is worth pursuing.

hopefulnblessed

Post by hopefulnblessed »

The rinse is called PerioGard...Fosomax is a medicine to stop osteoporosis.... Fosomax can cause jaw problems so my surgeon wanted me to take the PerioGard as a precaution.

PerioGard fights anerobic bacteria though. It is a prescription and the maker is Colgate.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi hopefulnblessed,

people should not use perioguard for more than a few days because one side effect is

that it cam mutate the oral flora of your mouth.

Best to go online and check it out.

DRASTIC
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

aahh yes it contains chlorhexidine gluconate, I've used something similar before. It stained my teeth and couldn't taste anything for days but I didn't know it was capable of mutating oral flora.

This stuff is available over the counter (where I live) and even if it says to use only for a few days what bb sufferer is going to take any heed of that if they are desperate?

If oral flora is given the chance it could mutate into other major pathogens (most likely VSC producing) that will take years to detect and just add to the already long list of VSC producing bacteria in our mouths. [-X
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

I believe some people end up ewth this bad breath from being too zealous and desperate and using these so-called products for too long a time.

over use of chlorhexadine will mutate or alter your oral flora. it is there in the drug leaflet for you all to read. Only some people are too caught up in their stupid ignorance to read and find out things before they act.

Remember KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

DRASTIC
hopefulnblessed

Drastic,

Thanks for the info on the rinse. I did read about it before and knew that I wouldn't be taking it long-term. My surgeon prescribed for me to use it for 7-10 days. I stopped at the 7th day after my post-op appt. He told me things were fine and I could stop using it.

I wouldn't recommend anyone using it long-term. My mouth still feels fresh and I haven't used in for several days now. If my doctor didn't tell me to use it I wouldn't have.
Harry_2K
Junior

There is something that works

Post by Harry_2K »

Hello all,

I have been checking this site, very often for more than a year, but never had a login created until yesterday. But, after I found something that is working for me (I could see some changes), I thought of sharing this to all my beloved mates here.

I recently met a Ayurvedic cum Homeopathic practicioner. He was 60 plus. I openly told him my problem. He asked me to meet him after a couple of days and when I met him again, after few days, he gave a bottle of spirit kind of liquid. I asked him what it was. He did not comment anything on the contents. All he said was; please have 15 ML of liquid, 3 times a day and report back after 1 week, once the liquid gets over.

He also asked me to stop using these gums, etc, which he says would only aggravate the problem. Instead he gave me some spicy sticks (looks like small pieces of wood), which he wanted me to chew, whenever I feel like. It's been 2 days, since then and to be very honest, I should say that I could see some significant changes.

My story so far! For those who would like to read.

Love
Harry
I am from India and I am 32 years old. The problem of BB started all of a sudden, on one morning, in January 1998. Since then, it has been 10 hard years. My problem used to be fatigue, coated tongue, terrible BB, infections to the throat, alternate nostrils gettting blocked and a bit of low grade fever at times.

I have done all my research in internet and nothing helped. I ended up doing the following surgeries;

1. Removal of deviated right septum (it was not deviated basically, as more than 5 doctors who have seen my CT scan said). The doctor who did that surgery did not explain quite clearly on why he removed that. The problem of all these symptoms never solved.

2. Cryo Surgery to remove the pus formed. Actually there was no collection of fluid there. Again yet another doctor fooled me. Problems were not solved.

Both these were done in 1999 and since then it was only antibiotics, probiotics, mouth washes, nasal sprays, anti-allergic tablets, chewing -> gums, cloves, cardomon, betel nuts, betel leaves, etc. No cure at all.

I had my tonsils, lasered, last year. And again no solution.

Recently I had my wisdom tooth removed. I had 5 in all and a total of 33 tooth. Removed 2 of my own choice, which a doctor was really hesitant. One in the top left (33rd) and other in the bottom right. Top one was easy to be removed and bottom one was really a nightmare. And again no cure.

Post by hello »

Well Harry_2K report back in another 3 days and kindly tell us about your situation...and is it possible to ask him what is exactly contained in that liquid. Thanks.
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

harry - I'd be very interested to know if you suffer from reflux with symptoms such as heartburn, pains in the chest, acid burning in the throat?

Thanks
OdourFree
Harry_2K
Junior

Ayurveda and Homeo

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi Odour Free and Hello,

I shall keep you posted about the updates, in the following days.

I do have heart burn and reflux and that has been only for the past 1 month or so (or) I would say it comes once in a while, may be. I am sure that is something to do with my diet. Off late, I have been taking too much of spicy stuff and have very little time between my Dinner and going to bed (too much work these days).

I have a business visit planned this week, to Malaysia (1 week). Am going to go the doctor and get one more bottle of that liquid, before I leave, if he agress to give. Between, I have found what he had given me in the form of some wooden pieces. It's nothing but Cinnamon.

What improvements I have seen so far;

* Very less white coating (even after having curd and milk). Tongue looks a bit rosy in color, as well
* Morning Breath seems to be getting better
* feeling much better inside the mouth (BB does exist - improved a bit though)

Expecting something that was existing for more than a decade to disappear in few days, is too much to ask for. I am hoping and praying that something good happens to me. If it works, I would do all that's required to get the information from the doctor, if it does not, then only God should help us.

Will keep you guys posted about the improvements.

Cheers
Harry
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

hopefulnblessed and Jimi, give us an update!
hopefulnblessed

Hi All,

My gums are healing nicely and my mouth feels so much fresher. I don't wake up with the STINKY morning breath, I had the kind of BB that even after just general brushing in the morning it wouldn't be fresh. I had to do the whole process, tongue brush and scrape, gargle..so forth and the freshness might last an hour. Sometimes less.

Now, once I brush and I always use the tongue brush with baking soda, I feel like I have no BB at all and it lasts.

The biggest thing I notice is that my mouth doesn't have that thick filmy taste. Like when you run your tongue over your teeth? Now it feels slick, no film.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am not sure maybe 10 %, seems to me that bacterias are taking over again.

Now I see the gums are not close to the teeth, so there is still deep pocket that I can go in with a toothpick.

Maybe it is healing and the pocket will close. I am not sure, but it that does not happen in 1 month I am pulling it out.

But I dont think this will be my cure, my cure will never happen. It felt so good for few days, I really was dreaming how my life will change and shit, but it is still the same shit.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Nice to hear hopefullnblessed. Please keep updating on progress.
Jimi dont lose hope, you saw unquestionable improvements which all makes sense if this treated area has been responsible for some if not all of your BB problems. A flap of gum would not have formed in the first place if your tooth had erupted normally, so as you are suspecting, pockets may still be present even after this flap removal. The dentist is likely to have irrigated and cleaned out the whole area, and this might be the reason why your freshness feels as though its gradually worsening because the bacteria/debris is slowing building up inside again. I wish i knew more about your situation, but i just want you to know from what happened in my case, and all it took was one tooth.

Dentists just think its a flap which traps food and debris etc which then stagnates and smells. But its pockets which are the real issue because anaerobic bacteria go absolutely wild in there. The smallest amount of foul discharge from such a pocket is all it takes for odours to build up in your mouth.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Halitosissux or anyone else

Which wisdom teeth would be more likely to cause BB, bottom or top ones? Let's say i could only have 2 teeth removed.

I'm close to asking my dentist to have em removed, but i would just like to figure out 1st there's any way to find out if wisdom teeth are the problem without having them removed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic