THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
DENTAL APPOINTMENT
HI Iva, Snobuni and Halitosisux,
I have just called the hospital today to see if they had received the referral form faxed over to them.
And I was happy to find out that they did receive the referral letter and that it is with the specific unit. They checked my name on the computer and told me that I should get a letter from the hospital in a week.
I am so happy to hear that they received it and that it is being dealt with.
I cant imagine that i wasted all this time from December 2008 doubting if something was wrong with the wisdoms because some inexperience young evil dentist told me he wont take out the wisdoms because nothing is wrong if it is bleeding around the gums.
I should have got up sooner and gone to a new dentist then maybe i would have had them extracted already.
Anyways, I am still keeping hopeful.
So, all in all, I should get a letter from the hospital in a week time. So, I am very eager to find out if the waiting list is longer for wisdom extractions than for normal surgery.
Wish me luck that I get a quick extraction date.
I am so excited but then just like Snobuni dont want to get too optimistic and then it doesnt cure me.
So, I will wait until my extraction to get too excited.
For now I am praying and asking God for a miracle.
And I am thanking God for showing me that new dentist who referred me same day. Can you imagine that, he took time out to write me a referral letter same day. That has got to be God working. The interesting bit about all this is God knows I have no money. And the hospital extraction should be free. So, this has got to be God helping me.
Drastic
I have just called the hospital today to see if they had received the referral form faxed over to them.
And I was happy to find out that they did receive the referral letter and that it is with the specific unit. They checked my name on the computer and told me that I should get a letter from the hospital in a week.
I am so happy to hear that they received it and that it is being dealt with.
I cant imagine that i wasted all this time from December 2008 doubting if something was wrong with the wisdoms because some inexperience young evil dentist told me he wont take out the wisdoms because nothing is wrong if it is bleeding around the gums.
I should have got up sooner and gone to a new dentist then maybe i would have had them extracted already.
Anyways, I am still keeping hopeful.
So, all in all, I should get a letter from the hospital in a week time. So, I am very eager to find out if the waiting list is longer for wisdom extractions than for normal surgery.
Wish me luck that I get a quick extraction date.
I am so excited but then just like Snobuni dont want to get too optimistic and then it doesnt cure me.
So, I will wait until my extraction to get too excited.
For now I am praying and asking God for a miracle.
And I am thanking God for showing me that new dentist who referred me same day. Can you imagine that, he took time out to write me a referral letter same day. That has got to be God working. The interesting bit about all this is God knows I have no money. And the hospital extraction should be free. So, this has got to be God helping me.
Drastic
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Fantastic news iva! congrats!!
That "huge difference" is all the difference you need to know for now that you are on the right track, and while things are healing you cant expect perfect breath, and even when things have healed you will still be thinking about your breath so you'll be conscious of the tastes and anything your mind associates with bb, but believe me you dont need to be.. just give it time and you will see, and when the time is right get someone you trust to test your breath to confirm it. At the moment you are watching people very carefully almost LOOKING for a reaction, so even the slightest thing is going to make your heart sink. Every day as you heal up you'll feel more and more convinced. Just remember that any significant improvement like this means you are on the right track, u just have to keep on track and be patient until it all heals.
Regarding healing time, everyone is different, it depends on your health, your age, how invasive the extraction was, the situation that existed prior and after extraction. I noticed an immediate improvement in my tastes and odours, i didnt take any antibiotics and my gum healed quickly because the tooth wasnt really that impacted, it was just the surrounding tissue which made it look as if it was.
Iva, just like you and before i realised i had a problem with my tooth, i would get so angry when teeth were ever mentioned as BB causes because i had such perfect teeth, as many dentists had also previously told me, and yet look at us and quite a few others on here now, proving that these odours INDEED can be produced inside the mouth even when it seems impossible and undetectable. And as i keep saying, its TEETH and GUM which are so prone to causing these problems. My tonsils absolutely stunk and were full of stones, and tonsillectomy did NOTHING at all for my BB, and yet is was my tooth all along behind it all making my tonsils stink.
And as you point out, WE CANNOT rely on dentists. If there are ANY doubts no matter how minor they may seem we need to get other opinions until we can rule those out and feel completely convinced by this. On the surface things can seem fine, but yet dentists have to use a periodontal probe to check for pockets, which means nothing is obvious unless things are checked more deeply. What might be a situation that can cause BB might not be a situation a dentist would necessarily be concerned about and this is what anyone with doubts has to push for.
That "huge difference" is all the difference you need to know for now that you are on the right track, and while things are healing you cant expect perfect breath, and even when things have healed you will still be thinking about your breath so you'll be conscious of the tastes and anything your mind associates with bb, but believe me you dont need to be.. just give it time and you will see, and when the time is right get someone you trust to test your breath to confirm it. At the moment you are watching people very carefully almost LOOKING for a reaction, so even the slightest thing is going to make your heart sink. Every day as you heal up you'll feel more and more convinced. Just remember that any significant improvement like this means you are on the right track, u just have to keep on track and be patient until it all heals.
Regarding healing time, everyone is different, it depends on your health, your age, how invasive the extraction was, the situation that existed prior and after extraction. I noticed an immediate improvement in my tastes and odours, i didnt take any antibiotics and my gum healed quickly because the tooth wasnt really that impacted, it was just the surrounding tissue which made it look as if it was.
Iva, just like you and before i realised i had a problem with my tooth, i would get so angry when teeth were ever mentioned as BB causes because i had such perfect teeth, as many dentists had also previously told me, and yet look at us and quite a few others on here now, proving that these odours INDEED can be produced inside the mouth even when it seems impossible and undetectable. And as i keep saying, its TEETH and GUM which are so prone to causing these problems. My tonsils absolutely stunk and were full of stones, and tonsillectomy did NOTHING at all for my BB, and yet is was my tooth all along behind it all making my tonsils stink.
And as you point out, WE CANNOT rely on dentists. If there are ANY doubts no matter how minor they may seem we need to get other opinions until we can rule those out and feel completely convinced by this. On the surface things can seem fine, but yet dentists have to use a periodontal probe to check for pockets, which means nothing is obvious unless things are checked more deeply. What might be a situation that can cause BB might not be a situation a dentist would necessarily be concerned about and this is what anyone with doubts has to push for.
Thank u, Halitosisux
u and Drastic are being so nice and supporting! What u say is what I need to hear - that my breath will keep on improving, not to mention psychic trauma which will heal very slowly, I suppose.
U should know that ur success with ur wisdom teeth was what inspired me and made me think I was on the right track!
u and Drastic are being so nice and supporting! What u say is what I need to hear - that my breath will keep on improving, not to mention psychic trauma which will heal very slowly, I suppose.
U should know that ur success with ur wisdom teeth was what inspired me and made me think I was on the right track!
Iva,
Thanks for the support, as I said, I'm not going to get too excited until I've actually had the teeth out, then we'll see how it goes... It's so hard not to hope for the best, but I can't allow myself to do this just yet. How long did you suffer with bb? And now it's gone? That's so great for you!!! How can something so simple cause so much misery?
Drastic,
My extractions are going to cost £80 per tooth, not as much as I thought it was going to be, I thought he was going to say about £400-500, so £180 isn't too bad!! He said it'll be a very simple and straight forward extraction with no complications, which is why it's not too expensive.
I hope you get a date for your extractions soon, it would be so good if this is the answer we've all been looking for!! Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the support, as I said, I'm not going to get too excited until I've actually had the teeth out, then we'll see how it goes... It's so hard not to hope for the best, but I can't allow myself to do this just yet. How long did you suffer with bb? And now it's gone? That's so great for you!!! How can something so simple cause so much misery?
Drastic,
My extractions are going to cost £80 per tooth, not as much as I thought it was going to be, I thought he was going to say about £400-500, so £180 isn't too bad!! He said it'll be a very simple and straight forward extraction with no complications, which is why it's not too expensive.
I hope you get a date for your extractions soon, it would be so good if this is the answer we've all been looking for!! Fingers crossed.
HI Snobuni,
I wanted to ask you what about your bottom wisdoms?
You plan to extract the top wisdoms? But what about the lower wisdoms as well?
That sounds so much more reasonable.
If they charge you £80 per wisdom but charge me £290 per wisdom.
What a rip off. Thank God for the public hospital so I dont have to pay anything.
Drastic
I wanted to ask you what about your bottom wisdoms?
You plan to extract the top wisdoms? But what about the lower wisdoms as well?
That sounds so much more reasonable.
If they charge you £80 per wisdom but charge me £290 per wisdom.
What a rip off. Thank God for the public hospital so I dont have to pay anything.
Drastic
Hi Drastic,
He only took x-rays of my upper wisdoms, 'cos that's where I get the bad taste from, but he had a thorough examination of my teeth and he said my bottom teeth look fine. I had my bottom back molars extracted as a kid, and he said they'd all shifted down the jaw correctly and were all in the positions they should be in.
I wouldn't rule out having these teeth looked at again in more detail if nothing comes of having the top wisdoms out. But the problem with the upper wisdoms is that I had two pre-molars removed as a kid to make space as my jaw was too crowded, It didn't work well and the teeth didn't move down the jaw as fully as they should have, so when my upper wisdoms came through they couldn't fully erupt and they ended up a bit slanted cos when I bite down the edge of my upper wisdoms catch on the cusp of my lower wisdoms, that made them slant at an angle too. So all of this created gum pockets behind the wisdom teeth. I hope that makes sense!!
All this was news to me yesterday, I wasn't aware of any of these problems!
I think that's his reasoning as to why I won't have problems with the lower wisdoms, but, like I said, I wouldn't rule out having these removed too if he found pockets on the x-ray, but I've never really had trouble with sore gums or getting food stuck around these teeth.
It's pretty cool that you're getting yours taken out at the hospital for free. I asked the dentist yesterday if he was going to refer me to the hospital, but when he said he could do it for me next week I deceided just to take him up on it, even though I can't really afford the money, I'll have to borrow it, I hope it's worth it!!!
He only took x-rays of my upper wisdoms, 'cos that's where I get the bad taste from, but he had a thorough examination of my teeth and he said my bottom teeth look fine. I had my bottom back molars extracted as a kid, and he said they'd all shifted down the jaw correctly and were all in the positions they should be in.
I wouldn't rule out having these teeth looked at again in more detail if nothing comes of having the top wisdoms out. But the problem with the upper wisdoms is that I had two pre-molars removed as a kid to make space as my jaw was too crowded, It didn't work well and the teeth didn't move down the jaw as fully as they should have, so when my upper wisdoms came through they couldn't fully erupt and they ended up a bit slanted cos when I bite down the edge of my upper wisdoms catch on the cusp of my lower wisdoms, that made them slant at an angle too. So all of this created gum pockets behind the wisdom teeth. I hope that makes sense!!
I think that's his reasoning as to why I won't have problems with the lower wisdoms, but, like I said, I wouldn't rule out having these removed too if he found pockets on the x-ray, but I've never really had trouble with sore gums or getting food stuck around these teeth.
It's pretty cool that you're getting yours taken out at the hospital for free. I asked the dentist yesterday if he was going to refer me to the hospital, but when he said he could do it for me next week I deceided just to take him up on it, even though I can't really afford the money, I'll have to borrow it, I hope it's worth it!!!
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I am getting my tooth out, I have decided, ***k the laseriva wrote:Thank u, Halitosisux
u and Drastic are being so nice and supporting! What u say is what I need to hear - that my breath will keep on improving, not to mention psychic trauma which will heal very slowly, I suppose.
U should know that ur success with ur wisdom teeth was what inspired me and made me think I was on the right track!
Iva did you have strong bb before, from 1-10 how strong it was, how far did people smell you, did you fill the room with stench?
I´m gonna get my wisdom tooth out on march 23.
I find it really hard to believe that this is causing the bad breath in my case.
when i wake up in the morning my tongue looks kinda hairy and white.
After brushing and scraping it looks better. Dentist said it looked allright.
My 2 upper wisdom teeth have been extracted years ago so now i only have 2 bottom wisdom teeth.
They are both fully erupted but the right one is turned the wrong way.
I don´t really know what you guys mean when you talk about pockets but when i look at the right tooth i can see that my gums aren´t really tight around it.
I´ve been been rubbing against it but there is no smell. I only smelled it one time and after that there was no more smell.
The dentist said that only the right one needed to be removed because i chew on my cheek.
It´s my birthday next month. Just thinking about it makes me depressed and scared.
I never had a birthday with friends and family i never never celebrate it and lots of people forget that it´t my birthday.
Let´s just hope that it´s my wisdomtooth.
I´m almost 26 and it´s time to enjoy life and go back to school.
It´s just so depressing to see my cousins so happy and worry about stupid things like going to the club and not having the right outfit.
I just wait and see what happens when they are out
I find it really hard to believe that this is causing the bad breath in my case.
when i wake up in the morning my tongue looks kinda hairy and white.
After brushing and scraping it looks better. Dentist said it looked allright.
My 2 upper wisdom teeth have been extracted years ago so now i only have 2 bottom wisdom teeth.
They are both fully erupted but the right one is turned the wrong way.
I don´t really know what you guys mean when you talk about pockets but when i look at the right tooth i can see that my gums aren´t really tight around it.
I´ve been been rubbing against it but there is no smell. I only smelled it one time and after that there was no more smell.
The dentist said that only the right one needed to be removed because i chew on my cheek.
It´s my birthday next month. Just thinking about it makes me depressed and scared.
I never had a birthday with friends and family i never never celebrate it and lots of people forget that it´t my birthday.
Let´s just hope that it´s my wisdomtooth.
I´m almost 26 and it´s time to enjoy life and go back to school.
It´s just so depressing to see my cousins so happy and worry about stupid things like going to the club and not having the right outfit.
I just wait and see what happens when they are out
-
hopefulnblessed
- Newbie
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm
I am really so excited for you guys!! My mouth is healing fine and I no longer have fecal breath EVER. My breath is not always totally fresh, but it is no longer fecal. My gums are healing nicely though.
I used to get alot of plaque buildup and thick saliva before my surgery. I always felt this film over my entire mouth.
For a while I used to think it was my stomach or some other disorder, but after taking an antibiotic my breath was fresh, which meant to me that it was bacteria in my mouth.
I am really praying for everyone to find a cure!!!
I used to get alot of plaque buildup and thick saliva before my surgery. I always felt this film over my entire mouth.
For a while I used to think it was my stomach or some other disorder, but after taking an antibiotic my breath was fresh, which meant to me that it was bacteria in my mouth.
I am really praying for everyone to find a cure!!!
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Good luck billie. Sounds like that tooth has impacted which has caused its growth to become distorted which then leads to the gum problems you describe. Pockets are exactly what you've described, where the gums dont seem to be adhered to the tooth properly and bacteria and debris can become trapped in them.
A periodontal pocket is where the buildup of calcified plaque has gradually dug into the "seal" of the gum in the area where gum normally adheres to the teeth, causing gum disease. But in the case where teeth have impacted or havent fully erupted, the gum forms a pocket around the crown of the tooth and because gum cannot adhere to enamel it forms a pocket around it and this situation can then lead to the kind of periodontal problems associated with gum disease which can be difficult to detect and something called periodontitis. The tooth can also decay for this reason and cause similar problems to the teeth which it has impacted against.
Edit: sorry, i got confused i meant pericoronitis not periodontitis - look it up on wikipedia it explains it all so clearly. I had aching and sometimes severe pains but its all the same shit really.
A periodontal pocket is where the buildup of calcified plaque has gradually dug into the "seal" of the gum in the area where gum normally adheres to the teeth, causing gum disease. But in the case where teeth have impacted or havent fully erupted, the gum forms a pocket around the crown of the tooth and because gum cannot adhere to enamel it forms a pocket around it and this situation can then lead to the kind of periodontal problems associated with gum disease which can be difficult to detect and something called periodontitis. The tooth can also decay for this reason and cause similar problems to the teeth which it has impacted against.
Edit: sorry, i got confused i meant pericoronitis not periodontitis - look it up on wikipedia it explains it all so clearly. I had aching and sometimes severe pains but its all the same shit really.
Last edited by halitosisux on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi and Billie Good Luck to you both when you get out your wisdom.
I really feel like lots more people could get cured from this.
To Halitosisux and hopefulnblessed. Thanks for staying around and sharing your story of success. Its good when people stay around to share there success and encourage others. We are a community and should always remember to help others and share our ideas even when we eventually get cured.
Drastic
I really feel like lots more people could get cured from this.
To Halitosisux and hopefulnblessed. Thanks for staying around and sharing your story of success. Its good when people stay around to share there success and encourage others. We are a community and should always remember to help others and share our ideas even when we eventually get cured.
Drastic
-
NYConfused
- Junior
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am
when i asked the last dentist i visited to remove my wisdom teeth he said he'd rather not since i didnt mention any serious problems with it. i plan on going to another dentist and telling him they hurt.... however being that i have 3 wisdom teeth left, itd probably be unrealistic for me to convince him all 3 hurt. any advice on how i should approach this if hes hesitant?
also, he wouldnt be able to tell that im not feeling any discomfort with these teeth is he?
i thought about mentioning how i think theyre making my teeth crooked, which is somewhat true
also, he wouldnt be able to tell that im not feeling any discomfort with these teeth is he?
i thought about mentioning how i think theyre making my teeth crooked, which is somewhat true
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Jimi,Jimi wrote:I am getting my tooth out, I have decided, ***k the laser
Iva did you have strong bb before, from 1-10 how strong it was, how far did people smell you, did you fill the room with stench?
good luck with ur wisdom, if u have no other obvious porblems (stomach or sinuses) this might be ur cure!
Unfortunately my bb came back and now I know it`s the stomach. But my wisdom tooth removal helped a bit. Now my taste is better and bb has dropped to probably 6; I would say it was a 10 before when people could smell me from 2 meters when speaking.
Good luck
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.