THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

DENTAL APPOINTMENT

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

NYC there's a whole bunch of factors to consider, particularly your age and your symptoms. If you feel convinced enough that you want to rule out this possibility and you are paying for this treatment yourself then its completely your choice. If insurance or state is paying for it and you have some convincing to do then i would follow archimonde's advice and just use whatever tactics are necessary. The most important consideration is whether or not to mention BB as a reason, which in my experience has always been to my detriment whenever i have done.
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,


I am so sorry. I really am.

But dont give up.


I think the fact you saw such improvements in the time you did meant that you are on the right track.

I left a quote here from Cured. He took out all 4 wisdoms and noticed that the smell came back with a force magnified by 1000. It could eb the same thing that is happening to you because your gums are still healing.


Give it time and in the mean time stay away from coffee and spicy fod like garlic or onion. They give anyone bad breath.


Cured wrote this in his thread:
The road to recovery is long and I've had my share of bumps along the way, but in general, the cheesy odor from my nose I used to complain of is completely gone, and people no longer get offended when I'm talking directly to their face, or when they stand close to my head. About three weeks after the surgery I developed two strong odors from my gums (which I could smell through my nose): the first was the footy/cheesy odor that used to bother me, but now magnified by about 1000 times (the release of which indicated to me that I had 'struck gold' so to speak as far isolating the wisdom teeth area as the cause of my bad breath), the second a foul, tooth pulp/root canal-like odor common to invasive dental work. These gave me heartache for a week or two, then died down significantly, with occasional weaker relapses (say once or twice a day every few days) which are getting weaker by the week (as of now, I haven't had the first one for more than a month). The stinky, sneeze aerosol-like odor I isolated to my upper left wisdom tooth/gum area, and that too has disappeared completely over the weeks as that socket closed up. I know I won't be out of trouble completely until the sockets fill up solidly with new gum tissue, but the improvement over my past life has been staggering--by over 90% by my estimate, and I told my oral surgeon that I could feel just by how the odor vanished with the changing of my oral anatomy that my life was never going to be anywhere near the same as it was in the past (this was a month and a half after telling him one week post surgery when I had the stitches out that I still had my fingers crossed inspite of detecting immediate improvement, just due to my being let down big time after my tonsillectomy). I was asked to give recovery at least three good months, a point I've not yet reached, so I am giving myself at least a few more months for my life to return completely to normal. But as I said, the improvement has been real, drastic and lasting.
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Drastic,

God bless u for the kind words, wish u the wisdoms be your cure! I`ll try not to give up, but it`s difficult.
I would like to know if Cured has any stomach issues. That would be interesing, so

CURED, IF U READ THIS, COULD U TELL ME IF U HAVE ANY STOMACH PROBLEMS?
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,

I know how you feel. I have been there.


The thing is never to give up.

I know you have stomach problems but i really dont think stomach can cause chronic bad breath like what you describe.

If stomach problems are able to cause bb is more = to occasional bb.

The type that goes away but not the 24/7 type.


Also, you have to stay positive because you said you feel it moved from a 10 to a 6. That has got to give you some relief that you are on the right track.


iva, have you read Cured's thread that I quoted. Go back and read the entire thread for yourself. The whole point is that his odour came back like your. Just like your odour came back and he was disheartened for a few weeks until his bb slowly went away.


So, i want you to keep your head up and be optimistic. Yes, it is looking down right now but you will get through this.

GIVE IT TIME FOR YOUR GUMS TO HEAL.

TAKE CARE AND ALL THE BEST.

DRASTIC
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

DRASTIC wrote:I know you have stomach problems but i really dont think stomach can cause chronic bad breath like what you describe.
If stomach problems are able to cause bb is more = to occasional bb.
The type that goes away but not the 24/7 type.
For me it is very important to have your support because you are the people that understand what it`s like.
Thank you, Drastic
I`ll give it some time and see if there is any imporvement. I`ll find the time to read Cured` thread, but my case may be different, I do not know.
Right now I talked to many of my colleagues anf there was no nose rubbing, I just do not know what to think.
Drastic, did u get that letter from the hospital?
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

HI iva,

No I havent got my letter yet.

I am trying to understand what you just said.

are you saying that you speak to your colleages at work and they show no reaction or cough or touch their nose????????? Even today?????


Has anyone said to you that you bb has come back???????


or are you relying on taste only??????????



Drastic
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Hi, Drastic

I got very bad reactions from my colleagues on Friday, while yesterday I got no reactions. Obviously, if it is the stomach, there will be good days and bad days..
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,

How are you?

Hope you are giving it time to heal.


Just want to continue encouraging you to give it more time and keep positive.

Unfortunate for me is that I still havent got my letter from the hospital.
So, I am tempted to call them but I might wait until Friday to call them.


take care,


Drastic
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Thank you, Drastic, you are so nice

but I do not think the healing gums are the problem, because I feel the bad odour coming from deep inside..
And if the stomach is to blame, then why do I have bb 24/7? Why taking nexium for several months now has no result whatsoever? Why do 3 leading gastroenetrorlogists say the stomach cannot cause bb?
I can`t think of any other reason, honestly, I`m running out of ideas.

Dratsic, I would perisist and call the hospital, if I were u. They may need reminding.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

iva i wish i knew more about you so i could perhaps be of more use. I dont have time right now but as soon as i have i will look back at some of your postings to build a better picture of what you've tried, what you've ruled out etc. If you think it will help please make a new thread in My Story about your whole history.
NYConfused
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am

Post by NYConfused »

i have 3 wisdom teeth left and there arent any pockets that i can see... they look like theyre all grown out. does this rule out wisdom teeth as my problem?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Drastic,
How did your appointment go yesterday regarding your referral to have your wisdom teeth extracted?

Did you go in the end?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Drastic???
Wnaysha??????
wnaysha
Master
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by wnaysha »

halitosisux,

r u like in love with me? why can't u spend a single day without mentioning my name-for gods sake- ](*,)

Why are u so obsessed with my user name? it could have been Amy, Anita, Wendy, Wilda, Welona, Winifred, Winona, or Wynne.



Thank god its not my real name
[-o<
phineas
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 am

Post by phineas »

wnaysha wrote:halitosisux,

r u like in love with me? why can't u spend a single day without mentioning my name-for gods sake- ](*,)

Why are u so obsessed with my user name? it could have been Amy, Anita, Wendy, Wilda, Welona, Winifred, Winona, or Wynne.



Thank god its not my real name
[-o<
Wnaysha, I'm pretty sure everything you say is useless. Halitosisux has never done anything except try to help people. Stop being so egotistical; not everything is about you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗