THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

kissing?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Re: I Know What You Mean...

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

BeauTiful Woman wrote:...but I just can't get comfortable around people knowing I have digustingly offensive breath... I even broke a couple of hearts when I broke up with them...(so they say.)

I don't see myself as this person, so I just can't relax and be myself... I feel like if I relax and blow my breath all over the place and accept the torment the comes along with it...
BW I can totally relate to this, and then we do strange things, like create larger distances between ourselves and others - physically and emotionally - even though we don't want to. I think I do this for fear of being hurt, identified/labelled with this condition and also not wanting to offend and invade other people's personal breath space...

BeauTiful Woman wrote:...then I accept this as my destiny I accept this person... as me. I simply refuse to own this problem... The real me is trapped inside, and I am determined to be set free. By Jesus' Stripes I am Healed!!

BW O:)
this is where we differ - i refuse to accept it - i will continue to fight until i have an answer...the battle of the bugs continues...
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

missy wrote:My husband of 30 years tries to kiss me every now and then but I just give him a peck with a closed mouth. No way do I want to let him taste my rotten saliva. Smelling me all these years is bad enough. We just have sex without kissing...no big deal. I suppose I am missing out on a lot of tender foreplay but that's the way it goes.
Same situation here, but now I've got mastic and we both take it... :D
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

KL wrote:noptical

The bacterias get drunk with the beer (or alcohol), they stop working (relax) and do not produce any volatile compound, you see. They are good pals with you.
...until the following morning...when the critters come back with a vengeance #-o
shorty
Total Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Post by shorty »

I don't like to get to close to people either. I have a lot of friends and people love to be around me. Sometimes I think to myself have can they stand to talk with me. I'm so paranoid about my BB that when a person comes close to me I will take a step back. The person will think that I'm moving back because of their breath and they will put in a mint or a piece of gum. Its kind of funny because I'm the one with the BB. :P BB has made me hate to even hug other people. I aways freeze up when someone tries to hug me. I think they get offended.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

waitingforrelief wrote:so i just try to pretend to be happy all the time. but then i can't get too close to others emotionally like that, because i'm constantly hiding. i do that even with my partner to a certain extent because i feel like i can't talk about something so disgusting all the time. i know i hate thinking about it, so the logic is that who wouldn't? and that creates fear in talking about it.
That's sort of what I do too, but I can't do it all the time. There are at least 2 or 3 days in a month where I feel down and would imagine what it would be like if I never had chronic halitosis. But I'm pretty much use to it now. I'm try to function in this society, but it's hard.

I find that if I don't think about halitosis, I would be much happier too. So I'm like constantly lying to myself whenever I see someone react to my breath, but hey at least I'm not so stressed out anymore.
Iris
Junior
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: I Know What You Mean...

Post by Iris »

I also do strange things like that Cyber described such as larger distances physically and emotionally with people. I am never myself with people who react my BB. I do not get close to them physically and emotionally. However, some friends who do not react my BB can have the best of me and the true of me. Oh, I am very opened, happy, sweet, and confortable with those people who do not smell or who do not care about my BB. They know the best of me because they give me opportunity to show that. As for those who always react my BB, I keep distance from them and I do not feel confortable to stay with them. I run from them. Oh, I miss my friends from my country who accept me regardless of anything. But I have also friends here who never reacted badly or misjudged me because of my BB.
cmyk_xpress
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:22 am

Post by cmyk_xpress »

.....
Last edited by cmyk_xpress on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElGrizzle
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by ElGrizzle »

This is interesting, because when we are sexually aroused we produce a lot of fresh saliva, especially while kissing. The type of saliva even those with bb will produce is fresh and sweet, (its new). This also includes the partner, they will also produce fresh saliva.
I have made out with a few girls for long periods of time... and even one of the girl's friends told her I was a good kisser ;)
Even one girl came in to kiss me a lot.
Only one time, and this was first thing in the morning after drinking, I started to kiss a girl, and she turned away right away. (it was probably morning breath). But its not like she got up and left...
Usually in a club or loud place I will get close and talk into the persons ear, hopefully bypassing their nose. Either than that I like to be outside.

I don't seem to get too many reactions, especially with people I just meet. Its only about 3 of my friends who always roll down the window a crack when we ride in a car. Thats the one that always gets me down.

There are occasional nose rubbings. And I did have some straight up cover there nose once, but I knew I had bad breath then, I could taste it.

Its funny though, because sometimes it almost feels like a create the bad breath in my mind, like Im manifesting it. Cause when I have the confidence with new people, my mouth feels fresh, and I get things done.

We will find the cure. I am going to school and aiming for a PHD, I don't want anyone to live their lives with social anxieties anymore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗