THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
macks86
Junior
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:30 pm

wisdom teeth

Post by macks86 »

hey guys

i had an impacted wisdom tooth removed two days ago after a scan showed it had trappings and possible infection behind.

i noticed i still had BB after, but wasn't sure how to properly judge as my mouth is still tender so haven't been able to clean as vigorously as normal. so thought it could be because i can only clean half my mouth at moment,


anyway, i was getting impatient and poking about my vacant wisdom tooth hole, with cotton buds. i put it in the hole and when removed it smelled of sewage and rotten smell.

so alas, i thought this could be cause for my BB. so im not to keen on poking about this hole while im still healing

any advice on what i should do. should i see my dentist to see if he can clean out the hole. will it heal with the crap in it if i leave it too long?


i think this could be it.... fingers crossed. at least this seems to be a potential cause to my bb
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hey macks,
Fingers crossed for you, hope it turns out to be your cause/cure.
Healing is different for each case, depending on your age and various other factors. You need to try to ensure you dont dislodge any clotting otherwise you could cause some serious complications and delay to the healing process from a dry socket.
Try keeping it clean by gently rinsing with warm salt water.
billie
Master
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by billie »

Hey guys,

Just got my lower right wisdom tooth removed an our ago.
I´m still bleeding and i smell myself.
The doctor and his assistant were nice in the beginning but al il later they were acting so weird. Probably because i had to talk in their face but whatever.
I still don´t think this is my problem but i hope it is.
I took a good look at the tooth and it looked clean.
I guess i have to wait a few days to see what happens.
I´m feeling more pain right now.
I keep u guys updated. 8)
bb_girl
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bb_girl »

Is it possible that BB can start AFTER taking out wisdom teeth? Now that I think about it, my BB started around the time when my wisdoms were taken out.

Actually, I only have the top and bottom of the right side removed. By coincidence my tonsils on the right side have a lot of crypts which leads to many tonsil stones. Coincidence??

Oh, I don't know what to do with my BB...I'm so sad...but I'm so glad I found this site to discuss things with all of you!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

hi bb_girl,
It only occured to me fairly recently that while i still had my tonsils (removed roughly 12 years ago) it was the right side which always smelled the worst and seemed to produce more stones and that the wisdom tooth that turned out to be responsible for my BB was on my right side too - i know that could just be a coincidence, but it also might not be. I also have a mildly deviated nasal septum and my right side is usually more congested than my left, this could be a separate issue relating to the tonsil on the right having more odour/stones, but now i'll never know.

Regarding BB starting AFTER wisdom teeth extraction, ive heard this mentioned before. Again it might just be a coincidence with the onset of other problems appearing, but there are possible complication that might arise from extraction leading to BB, such as the gum not healing and sealing off very well or damage manifesting from any impaction of the wisdom teeth to adjacent teeth, or even triggering the start of some kind of infection in the sinuses, since apparently its quite normal for the roots of any molars to actually be inside the sinuses.
Such clues might allow you to work your way backwards leading to the root causes or they might just be coincidences.

macks86 and billie, any developments??
billie
Master
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by billie »

Hey Guys.

It´s 5 days since i removed my wisdom tooth.
It´s healing very good still got a lil bit pain.
I still have BB and white tongue , but i knew that this wasn´t gonna help me.

I´m doing a parasite cleanse right now and i´m on day 14.
Today i started a colon cleanse from hulda clark.

i was checking couple of vids on youtube on parasite and i found his video.
I´m really shocked to see this. You just see worms coming out of his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHtUFuG ... re=related
macks86
Junior
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by macks86 »

hey guys

its been 1 and half weeks since my wisdom tooth out.

my mouth feels so much celaner, not the thick slimy consistency and bitter foul taste as before. i had a foul smell from the tooth whihc with antibiotics and cleaning the area with a syringe has seemed to clear up. i cant smell my breath now. but im not headging my bets, as i do have dodgy sense of smell, but normally before i culd often smell foul smell pretty much all the time, now nothing.

and whenever i had anything sugar it would give tha rotten smell, now i cant really smell that when i ate sugary today.

my partner said that my breath smelled foul when i had tooth extracted initially (due to infection/trapped food in area) now they say it doesn't smell. but they never commented before that i had bb....soo.....im just waiting for it to heal completely, as its sill kinda tender to vigorously clean it. so once i can clean it thoroughly i can know my hygiene is 100% again.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Congratulations macks86,
Your symptoms and improvements etc sound very similar to mine.
Sorry to hear it wasnt your cause billie.
integral
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by integral »

I'm not sure if I have bb. I don't have any wisdom teeth, as my mouth is relatively small. But I have molars that may play the same role as wisdoms played in your case.
So, having read about wisdom teeth on this forum, I touched my molars and the gums around them, and it looks like at least one of the molars doesn't smell pleasant... I'm going to contact my hygienist.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

hi integral,
You have no wisdom teeth? did u have them extracted? or are they impacted and possibly still stuck under your gum?

If you havent had them extracted or you're uncertain then you SERIOUSLY need to have the situation examined (xrays etc). If those teeth are still under there they are likely to be forcing against the tooth next to them, peeling the gum away from the side allowing bacteria and debris to easily enter through this compromised barrier.

As you mentioned, your mouth is relatively small - so too is mine which causes teeth overcrowding and the kind of problems described with impactions.

But If you know wisdom teeth cant be a factor because they were extracted, and that your second molars have "assumed" the place of where your wisdom teeth would otherwise have been, because they are difficult to reach you could have some of the consequences of this causing the odours you've detected.

Good luck with your hygienist, i hope something is found regarding this.
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

macks,

any update about your wisdom extraction????

Drastic
integral
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by integral »

halitosisux, no, I don't have any wisdom teeth, and never had them extracted, because I never had any, and that's what the x-rays showed. I have big teeth and not big mouth, So there's physically no space for any wisdom teeth. The odour that I detected might be because I didn't floss those areas every day due to difficulty reaching my molars with hands. But the question is that if I don't floss other teeth for some time, and then floss them, there would be no odours on the floss. Whereas with just those molars, there would be odours...
integral
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by integral »

OK, now, I think, I'm not as halitophobic as I was recently. My old filling has been replaced, and I now feel that my mouth is now noticeably fresher, even when I wake up. It seems to me that the old broken filling, or, to be accurate, the food that was being accumulated under it, created that feeling of non-freshness, of which I was very conscious.
The conclusion for now is that it is vitally important to keep teeth and gums in good condition.

My hygienist has suggested to me to use Listerine instead of the Therabreath rinse when I told her about the molar gum stench on the floss. She didn't know anything about Therabreath, but her point was that Listerine kills germs behind the gums. As we know, Therabreath's efforts are mainly directed towards the tongue coating.

Also, she said that it wouldn't hurt to get my molar gums under control with some surgery or something like that, as my molar gums seem to have deeper "pockets" that all other teeth. Hence the floss stench when doing the molars. But she said that there will be no bb if I floss them every day.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Nice to hear integral, and congratulations..
have you tried 'searching's water pik gum irrigation technique?
integral
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by integral »

halitosisux wrote:Nice to hear integral, and congratulations..
have you tried 'searching's water pik gum irrigation technique?
Thanks. No, I haven't, but I decided to give Listerine mouth wash a try. My dentist said it's the best available at the moment. So it should be as effective as irrigation for me, as I have only two teeth with deeper gums. I couldn't hold it in my mouth for more than 10 seconds I think, as it's too burning or something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗