Your Email Address:

First Name:

Visited Oral Surgeon today re wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hi, Harry

the same with me.After wisdom removal my bb improved for about 10 days and then it came back worse. I was diagnosed with laringoesophageal reflux and doctor said this might be the reason for bb.

ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Hi Snobuni,

Still strong taste of blood. I don't think my bb is coming from my wisdom teeth.
I work and live in another city. I have very bad PND there but when I go home, I don't. When I'm at home, I ask my parents whether my breadth stinks and they said NO. They do not lie to me because they often tell me my breath stinks in the morning.
This is definitely really confusing. Can PND without infections cause BB?
hello
Junior

Post by hello »

hey mindyb...u said ur bb started aroudn the time u were taking accutane...why dont u try colostrum...as there were some postings somewhere tht people who developed bb from accutane found it manageable from colostrum
Harry_2K
Junior

Thanks for the feedback - Wisdom tooth

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi,

Many thanks for the feedback, friends.

In the recent months, before the wisdom tooth extraction and also now, I have one important thing to say. Something I noticed in particular.

When I lie down (going to sleep) with the face pointed to the sky, I feel as if my mouth is very fresh. Not sure why. But, when I wake up in the morning, it really is indeed very worse.

Between, I have been put on antibiotics (phexin), at the moment. I have been prescribed this for a week. It's been 5 days now and would like to stop that. It really is causing some sort of terrible BB. Antibiotics have always been a problem for me. What's your say on this?

I smell nothing on blood clots. It was worse the first day and from second day, everything looks normal, except for a slight feeling of discomfort in the extracted area. As said, I would wait for another month and see what changes I really get into. Meantime, I shall keep you posted about the updates.

Thanks.

Harry
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Update: It has been 1 week since my teeth extraction and deep cleaning and I still have shit breath (not all the time). My dentist said I don't have any gum diseases or cavities.

My second malor on the lower right side is chipped because the wisdom tooth was pushing against it. The filling for this molar wasn't done correctly so I need to find another surgeon to take the filling out and redo it. Then get crowning for this tooth.

I have not told any of my doctors about my problem. Through this experience, I realize that my search for the cure has not really started yet until I sit down with my doctor and talk to him about it. If he doesn't listen, I keep move on to a new doctor. I'll give each doctor a few months then move on.

I'm currently interviewing with a company that would pay 100% for any medical needs. The company is awesome but if they give me an offer, I probably won't take it. I'm so afraid of new people giving me dirty looks because of my breath. It takes a few months to get everyone comfortable and I'm so stressed out during this period. The people I work with know me and my quirks.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Man, I have been walking on clouds the last few days. I hope this will last. My breath is improving dramatically. My manager is notorious for rubbing his nose and covering his mouth around me. And since I got back from my vacation, he doesn't do it anymore. I still have PND but the taste in my mouth has much improved.

Jimi, if I am cured, I would donate. Who does the money go to?

I have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow to discuss my problems. Getting allergy shots soon and seeing a dentist to discuss about my bad breath in 2 days.

I occasional have infections around my wisdom teeth but rarely. It doesn't smell if I floss there regularly but if I skipped 1 day, it smells like shit.

I can't describe how happy I am. I can't stop smiling :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ithurts, didnt u say you had your wisdom teeth out recently?
This post makes it sound like you still have them in, could u please confirm again exactly what you have had done and what you believe is behind the improvement.
Lots of people doing things with their teeth lately im losing track.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Yes! I had my wisdom teeth out recently. I also had deep cleaning. I'm pretty sure that wisdom teeth removal is behind the improvement in my breath. I'll write a thorough update in a few weeks.

I'm going to the doctors again to check up and to make sure there is nothing else wrong with my breath. Sorry for the confusion.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi ithurts,

Congrats on your bb improvement!! :D I was wondering, when did you have your wisdom teeth extracted? Did you noticed an improvement in your bb straight away or was it more of a gradual improvement? And you think your bb improvement is more to do with the extractions than the deep cleaning of your gums?

Do you still have your blood clots and have your gums fully healed over yet?

Sorry for all the questions :oops: I'd be really interested to hear how your healing goes over the next few weeks.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I had my wisdom teeth extracted 1 1/2 weeks ago. The improvement is a gradual process. I think deep cleaning helps but I can't answer this. I just know that my breath has improved. No! I still have blood clots. I still spit out blood in the morning. No problem dude.. keep the questions coming. I still take my acid blocker and brush/floss every chance I have. I also start using Colgate Total. Another thread suggested to use toothpaste.

I have been excited about being cured so many times. I just hope that this is it.
john
Junior

Post by john »

for over 25 years my brother had bad breath.
last year all his wisdom teeth were taken out and now his breath smells normal.
on april 22 i have an apointment with my dentist and then i will ask him if it is possible to remove my wisdome teeth.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

No reactions today guys.. I'm so freaking happy. :) :)

I had a meeting with two other people today and no freaking reactions at all.

I was helping out a coworker at my desk and she was breathing down my neck and nada.

Life can't get better than this.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi ithurts,

That's really cool for you!! :D So do you still have a blood clot taste/smell in your mouth? Or has this now gone?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ithurts CONGRATS! =D>
John, thanx for sharing that information and good luck to you, i had BB for over 22 years caused by a wisdom tooth i had out in November 2008, the BB has completely gone.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I just came off from another meeting and I got reactions. He was covering his nose sometimes. Shit..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic