THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad smell on floss, bleeding?GET A WATERPIK!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mindyb
ungrateful trash
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 am

Bad smell on floss, bleeding?GET A WATERPIK!

Post by mindyb »

Hi-
Due to reading Searching's original post on using the waterpik, I decided to try it. I've had bb since I was 18, now 33. After flossing I would occassionally have a HORRID smell on the floss. Bleeding was also almost always.
I fill the waterpik with Hydorgen Peroxide and warm water, and I've had great results! No reactions in over 2 weeks! I've also been using Colgate Total with Triclosan also suggested by Searching. I use my tung brush as well.
I think its worth a try for everyone on here, it can only help not hurt! The fuming odor in my mouth has diminished!
Good Luck!
bb_girl
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bb_girl »

What a coincidence...I was just flossing this one tooth that's constantly stinky and as soon as I opened up this site now, this topic was one of the most recent ones. Yay!

Yeah, I'm trying to regularly use the waterpik before making an appointment with the dentist. This is my right molar so although I want it out, I don't think I should since this is a major eating tooth.

If this one tooth was the cause of my horrific BB of over 5 years, I'm going to be so upset that I didn't realize it this whole time.
billie
Master
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by billie »

Hey mindyb,

What kind of waterpik do you use?
I also have one, but it´s a cordless dental water jet.
you can´t put much water in it. it´s just a small one
How much hydrogen peroxide should i use this one?

My i floss also stinks but only if i haven´t done it for 1 day.
If I don´t floss for 1 day then i feel pain.
The dentist said that my gums are healthy but she also said they were feeling weird.
Years ago i would actually wake up from the pain i had at night.
Even right now it hurts lil bit but that´s normal for me because i have it all the time.
I´m gonna try it see what happens.
[/url]
mindyb
ungrateful trash
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 am

Post by mindyb »

Hi-
I think the brand is Waterpik. It was $40 at Target. It can hold alot of water in the tank. I put 1/10th hydrogen peroxide and the rest warm water.
I really think everyone who has every had a smell come from the gum line or had bleeding shoud try this twice a day. I'm hoping this will be help manage my problem. I'm also going to look into have the bacteria tested like in another topic!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗