THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

link between soy consumption and bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sara
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 am

link between soy consumption and bad breath?

Post by Sara »

Hi everyone,

I eat a lot of soy and drink soymilk - and have really awful breath with a "sweet" tinge. Truly awful, rank breath - colleagues cover their mouths and move away from me! I've been told soy consumption might be part of the problem.

My regime is as follows: salt water gargle eight times daily; pro biotics; clean teeth four times a day including flossing; rinse mouth with water after eating. Eat fresh mint leaves and parsley frequently.

If I don't maintain this regime scrupulously, the bad breath returns within a couple of hours.

I was recommended the fresh unsweetened yoghurt option, but it hasn't helped at all.
aues
Master
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 am

Post by aues »

According to http://veganstrength.users-board.com/t1 ... aglichkeit there is another person who thinks to get bad breath with a white coated tongue when eating soy products.
HigherThoughts
Advanced
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: Los Angeles, US

Post by HigherThoughts »

I don't think eating soy causes bad breath. As an Asian person I eat a lot of soy products, especially tofu, which never caused me bad breath. None of my family members or friends who eat a lot of soy products have bad breath either. You can check if you have any soy allergies if you think that is the case.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Soy can cause a lot of problem with people, I consume it anyways, especially soy sauce and tofu.

But yes it could make your bb stronger if you are allergic
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

when I eat soy in my food (not soy milk) the next morning the dark circles around my eyes get darker which in my case means the allergies will get worse during the day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗