THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Fresh Breath All Day at Last
This sounds so promising! I've been gone here for a while... guess cuz I got so discouraged.... But I have had a feeling the problem was in my gums somewhere. I have gum problems anyway. And a lot of times I feel like my gums are fizzing at the gumline. Like something is fizzing out of them. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I thought I was crazy. But I will try this! 
Hi searching,
my regime is similar to yours - I have to be rigorous, every single day, which means that my source of bacteria is still there - and I haven't fully identified it. I just keep the numbers low enough that, other than first thing in the morning, my breath is normal. Not super-fresh, but OK.
If I lapse my regime for three hours, the BB tends to return, depending on what I've eaten. If I am sticking to a strict vegetables, fruit, little dairy, no protein between meals etc, my breath stays good. But as soon as I overeat, my tongue gets coated.
Sara
my regime is similar to yours - I have to be rigorous, every single day, which means that my source of bacteria is still there - and I haven't fully identified it. I just keep the numbers low enough that, other than first thing in the morning, my breath is normal. Not super-fresh, but OK.
If I lapse my regime for three hours, the BB tends to return, depending on what I've eaten. If I am sticking to a strict vegetables, fruit, little dairy, no protein between meals etc, my breath stays good. But as soon as I overeat, my tongue gets coated.
Sara
I tried this out this morning. Went last night and got Colgate Total and peroxide. I already had a hydrofloss at home so I was anxious to get started.... I have to say that I was so scared to try regular toothpaste again. I have been using Therabreath for years now because it was the only thing that didn't turn sour immediately after I brushed. But I tried it and am happy with the results so far. I didn't get that feeling and taste of when the mint toothpaste mixes with the stench in your mouth and makes an even worse smell than bb could ever be.
And my gums felt great after the hydroflossing. I turned that sucker on full blast! So -- so far so good. I feel really good right now and its been about 4 hours since I brushed! 
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi, what kind of gum problems? dont u think u need to get these gum problems sorted out?sadgirlbb wrote:This sounds so promising! I've been gone here for a while... guess cuz I got so discouraged.... But I have had a feeling the problem was in my gums somewhere. I have gum problems anyway. And a lot of times I feel like my gums are fizzing at the gumline.
Anyway, good luck with this irrigation, maybe that will do it.
sadgirlbb,
You sound really positve about this technique. thats a good thing. I hope you have good success with it.
Please keep us updated on your progress. 4 hours is a long time to go with fresh breath and fresh feeling. Wow keep it up.
Drastic
I tried this out this morning. Went last night and got Colgate Total and peroxide. I already had a hydrofloss at home so I was anxious to get started.... I have to say that I was so scared to try regular toothpaste again. I have been using Therabreath for years now because it was the only thing that didn't turn sour immediately after I brushed. But I tried it and am happy with the results so far. I didn't get that feeling and taste of when the mint toothpaste mixes with the stench in your mouth and makes an even worse smell than bb could ever be. And my gums felt great after the hydroflossing. I turned that sucker on full blast! So -- so far so good. I feel really good right now and its been about 4 hours since I brushed!
You sound really positve about this technique. thats a good thing. I hope you have good success with it.
Please keep us updated on your progress. 4 hours is a long time to go with fresh breath and fresh feeling. Wow keep it up.
Drastic
Yes I go to dentist regularly for cleanings and I've had gum problems for as long as I can remember.... If I don't keep up with the dentist wow things get bad. Yesterday was my first day and I didn't feel things were turning south until the end of the afternoon and still did not seem that terribly bad. If I can get these kind of results consistently with this, I will be happy! I did do the hydrofloss with peroxide again last night. Hope that isn't too much. And then again this morning.... I still feel great. 
OK, now, I think, I'm not as halitophobic as I was recently. My old filling has been replaced, and I now feel that my mouth is now noticeably fresher, even when I wake up. It seems to me that the old broken filling, or, to be accurate, the food that was being accumulated under it, created that feeling of non-freshness, of which I was very conscious.
The conclusion for now is that it is vitally important to keep teeth and gums in good condition.
My hygienist has suggested to me to use Listerine instead of the Therabreath rinse. She didn't know anything about Therabreath, but her point was that Listerine kills germs behind the gums. As we know, Therabreath's efforts are mainly directed towards the tongue coating.
sadgirlbb, gum problems can be sorted out with dental surgery.
The conclusion for now is that it is vitally important to keep teeth and gums in good condition.
My hygienist has suggested to me to use Listerine instead of the Therabreath rinse. She didn't know anything about Therabreath, but her point was that Listerine kills germs behind the gums. As we know, Therabreath's efforts are mainly directed towards the tongue coating.
sadgirlbb, gum problems can be sorted out with dental surgery.
Snobuni,Snobuni wrote:do you scrape, floss, brush and only then use the oral irrigator with the hp solution?
Yes. I brush teeth and tongue, floss, and rinse before oral irrigation. I follow this sequence to remove the majority of material, before irrigation, to avoid driving food particles, or other debris, beneath the gum line. I don't know, however, if the specific sequence really matters.
Update
I have been using the water pik/triclosan method suggested by searching and have had much success. It's been about 6 weeks and my teeth have never looked better. I did ask my son (18 yrs. old) about my breath and he said he couldn't smell anything anymore. I've asked other family members if they could smell bad odor coming from my breath and they said no. I took the liberty of telling them I knew I had bb and I've been trying this method and my mouth and teeth feel better. No one has actually "agreed" with me that I've had bb, but I can't smell my own halitosis when I speak w/ others whom I used to smell my bb. However, I went for my 2nd dental cleaning appt for the year with my perio (I go 4 times a year) and I told her about my recent problem w/ halitosis and what I was using. She said dentists don't usually recommend the use of a water pik unless patients have pockets of 6-7 (worst) deep (1-3 being the best & 4-5 borderline). She didn't take as much time cleaning my teeth and told me I had very little build up in my pockets. Some of my pockets went from 5's to 4's. I asked her if she could smell halitosis coming from my breath and she said no. She was practically speaking to me a mere 2 inches from my face which made me feel very self conscious because people have never spoken to me that close before. I have noticed if I don't keep up w/ this method, the bb comes back. I also have a bitter taste in the back of my throat from PND when allergies come around. The dentist gave me an exam and told me to keep up with the water pik and made sure to floss as well. It's been such a relief to find something that helps and I hope everyone else finds a solution!
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Re: Update
thank you for your story, very encouraging!why me? wrote:I have been using the water pik/triclosan method suggested by searching and have had much success. It's been about 6 weeks and my teeth have never looked better. I did ask my son (18 yrs. old) about my breath and he said he couldn't smell anything anymore. I've asked other family members if they could smell bad odor coming from my breath and they said no. I took the liberty of telling them I knew I had bb and I've been trying this method and my mouth and teeth feel better. No one has actually "agreed" with me that I've had bb, but I can't smell my own halitosis when I speak w/ others whom I used to smell my bb. However, I went for my 2nd dental cleaning appt for the year with my perio (I go 4 times a year) and I told her about my recent problem w/ halitosis and what I was using. She said dentists don't usually recommend the use of a water pik unless patients have pockets of 6-7 (worst) deep (1-3 being the best & 4-5 borderline). She didn't take as much time cleaning my teeth and told me I had very little build up in my pockets. Some of my pockets went from 5's to 4's. I asked her if she could smell halitosis coming from my breath and she said no. She was practically speaking to me a mere 2 inches from my face which made me feel very self conscious because people have never spoken to me that close before. I have noticed if I don't keep up w/ this method, the bb comes back. I also have a bitter taste in the back of my throat from PND when allergies come around. The dentist gave me an exam and told me to keep up with the water pik and made sure to floss as well. It's been such a relief to find something that helps and I hope everyone else finds a solution!
I feel the same way as Why Me. I have felt so good using this method. I too have perio cleanings and really have to keep up with my teeth and gums. My bb comes back if I start slacking. I feel so much more confident now and I don't smell my own bb when I talk to people anymore. That is such a terrible feeling to be able to smell your own bb. I use the hydrafloss tho... not the water pik, but they are probably all pretty much the same thing. I still think I may suffer with LPR and am checking into that as well. But the amount this method has helped is just incredible. I used to gargle with peroxide but that doesn't do the job like using the hydrofloss with it and getting below the gumline. It made all the difference in the world. I've only been doing this a couple of weeks now but the change has been monumental. Great suggestion Searching and THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Also this saves me SO much money because I spend $20 each time I buy Therabreath rinse and toothpaste -- and I went through a lot because I was always brushing and gargling and even swallowing the rinse just to try to keep my breath fresh on a consistent basis. Plus its so embarrassing to buy it... and keep it at your house. Why do they have to call it TheraBreath?? Its like it shines like a beacon to everyone that YOU HAVE BAD BREATH!
Thanks!!
Also this saves me SO much money because I spend $20 each time I buy Therabreath rinse and toothpaste -- and I went through a lot because I was always brushing and gargling and even swallowing the rinse just to try to keep my breath fresh on a consistent basis. Plus its so embarrassing to buy it... and keep it at your house. Why do they have to call it TheraBreath?? Its like it shines like a beacon to everyone that YOU HAVE BAD BREATH!
Thanks!!
guys check out this site which mentions about Coenzyme Q 10 fighting gum disease:
http://www.quantumhealth.com/news/articlegums.html
do anyt of you guys get tartar buildup prety quickly? specially on the lower teeth, and even more specially on lover front teeth...also my gums bleed so much when i go for cleanings.
http://www.quantumhealth.com/news/articlegums.html
do anyt of you guys get tartar buildup prety quickly? specially on the lower teeth, and even more specially on lover front teeth...also my gums bleed so much when i go for cleanings.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.