THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Fresh Breath All Day at Last

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sadgirlbb
Advanced
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:21 am

Post by sadgirlbb »

Hello... "hello"....lol Yes I have that problem with tartar building up VERY quickly and on my lower bottom teeth especially. My gums will start bleeding REALLY bad if I don't keep up with cleanings and I am supposed to go every 3 months for mine. They even feel like they are fizzing stuff out of them if that makes any sense. Some days they just hurt so bad. So I have a huge problem with my gums. My dentist always told me I have great teeth (not even one cavity)... but my gums are horrible. :(
hello
Junior
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

Post by hello »

i say we do a genuine reasearch on how to make gums healthy..cuz we seem to have nice teeth but bad gums...even with storng cleaning
mango84
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by mango84 »

Hey folk, whats the update on this thread. How are people finding using these methods to combat bad breath.
hello
Junior
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

Post by hello »

guys I have to say your problem might not be necessarily wisdom tooth it cud be gums in general...wisdom tooth itsef is not the problems but the gums are the cause of the problem...

I had my wisdom tooths taken out mid Feb, but bb didnt improve much...I knew I had gingivitis all along...my gums would bleed alot when I would go for cleanings even though not so much when brushing my teeth. anyways I got 2 cleanings done back to back from 2 different dentists...started using electric toothbush (started this 2 months back) along with regular soft brush...I use colgate tooth paste with triclosan (anti gingivitis) and use listerine anti tartar mouthwash twice a day (my tartar builds up very quickly specially bottom teeth and noticed the more the tartar the more the bad breath as tartar and plaque cause gum irritation...and have to say my bb has improved nicely...as halitosisux mentioned for some people their mouth has a very delicate balance it could easily tilt in favour of bad breath or no breath breath...anyways before when i used to use mouthwash it wud give me bad taste but now its doesnt...because i think the gums are healthier....
This might not be a problem for everyone...but for people whose gums bleed when they go to the dentist but not necessarily when they brush...u might wanna get ur gums checked...and it cud be tht gums around the wisdom tooth are also included in that parcel. Ask your dentist if u have even mild gingivitis as it cud definately be a problem as some people have a very delicate mouth balance...
I also try to eat a healthy diet...and for those who avoid meat..meat is high in zinc and zinz is specially benefial to gum health and is a strong antioxidant...so u might wanna rethink about eating meat if you avoid it due to bb
I have also started using CoQ10 for better gum health as per the link I posted in my previosu post
bhd
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by bhd »

hey, joining the forum to give an update on this regimen. i tried the oral irrigator/toothpaste but i still have bad breath.

i thought it was my gums because i didn't take care of them until i was about in high school. I noticed a large amount of tartar build up on my front teeth. and if i didn't floss for a while, they would bleed a little bit.

the irrigator definetly takes away the tartar on my teeth so with less plague i can hopefully say less bacteria is in my mouth.

but i do have pnd with i sleep and wake up. i get a lot of mucus when i wake up and hack in the shower, in my mouth and in my nose. I stopped consuming diary products for a day and it reduced it noticeably. looking at my tonsils, i can't see any stones, though i cough one up every month or so. my tonsils are relatively small, but it is covered in a whiteish substance. i don't get too look at other people's mouths but i used my finger to try to pry it out but nope! i'm guessing this isnt normal...

any recommedations to cleaning tonsils?
why me?
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Now...PND

Post by why me? »

I noticed a few days ago my bb has been back to haunt me! I had GREAT results w/ the irrigator/tryclosan, but I've noticed lots of PND in the morning and during the day. The coating on my toungue is even thicker and I have a "weird" raw feeling on the back of my tongue. I got so paranoid, I started to add perio mouthwash from Dr. Kat's collection. This hasn't seemed to help, but instead has made it worse...or at least I feel like it has. When I would speak to certain people, that "smell" is back and I know it's my bb. Anyone have adivce for PDN solution?
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Re: Now...PND

Post by searching »

Why me?

I've reduced the use of triclosan containing toothpaste to once daily, as my tongue was retaining a medicinal quality (after about two months of twice-daily use). For my second daily brushing, I'm using ordinary toothpaste and the taste returned to neutral. I think it may be allowing a more-balanced, more-normal population of flora.

I continue to irrigate with dilute hydrogen peroxide once daily.

If you wish to make a change in routine, to observe the effect, this latest adjustment is providing good a result, i.e. relaxing the use of triclosan, now that the bb has diminished.
why me?
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by why me? »

Thanks Searching...
I'll have to try this. I noticed this morning my tongue was less white and more pinkish looking. :shock: I didn't have much drainage and no bb odor. :P I have been brushing my teeth 3 times a day and using the irrigator 3 times a day also. I was thinking this may be a little excessive and should cut back with the irrigator. Its just that, when I tried something and it seemed to work, it lasted only a fday or two and the problem would come back worse than before. I was so paranoid about even breathing bb that I wanted to make sure this wouldn't happen again. I live in Texas, so allergies are really bad and PND is very common for me. I will change my toothpaste remedy and keep to brushing only in the a.m. with colgate. I use the hydrogen peroxide after lunch and use the perio in the morning and at night. Any suggestion on an alternate toothpaste?
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Post by searching »

why me? wrote:Any suggestion on an alternate toothpaste?
why me?

Once daily, at night, I'm using Sensodyne or Arm & Hammer toothpaste w/baking soda (included in paste) - and flossing.

Once daily, in the morning, I'm using Colgate Total w/triclosan; and, I gently use a Tung brush with plain water. Following that I'm irrigating with dilute peroxide.

This continues to work - leaving me with a neutral taste that I'm satisfied with.

I've noticed, however, that occasional PND would introduce a "tangy" taste entering from the sinus area. I used to have this tangy taste, almost constantly, throughout my mouth, before I started with triclosan and peroxide irrigation.
mango84
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by mango84 »

Just got the waterpik, im just waiting on the hydrogen peroxide solution to start this regime.
Happylife
Junior
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Happylife »

Any one has time to try this method like 4 or 5 times a day?

When i was @ Dr.Dailley, he made me to do the similar kind of cleansing routine 5 times in a day and i felt very fresh that day and could speak to people normally.

After that i couldn't follow the procedure regularly. I do not know if there any side affects if we do it more times a day. If there are no side affects, we can try it more times a day.

It would be great if some can do this regularly (Like after every meal) and let the others know results.

If we make bacteria starving by cleaning the mouth after every meal, may be we can get rid of them someday.
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Post by searching »

Hello all,

I’ve been using an oral irrigator for several years with good results. It hasn’t cured BB but it allows me to manage it very well. I use it once daily in the morning after brushing teeth and tongue and flossing.

Recently I made an observation. As I use the irrigator, the smooth plastic tip, immediately develops a biofilm (plaque) that feels somewhat rough as sensed by my lips while moving the tip inward and outward to contact all teeth. The sticky plaque eventually dislodges from the irrigator tip; however, I often have to use three (3) irrigator reservoirs-full, i.e. 3 x 750mls before the biofilm ceases to redeposit on the irrigator tip. After completing this routine, my mouth feels very fresh all day, despite what I subsequently eat or drink.

In the course of irrigating at the highest flow-rate, using three reservoirs of plain, warm water, I use the three tips seen in the left-half of the photograph below, i.e. first using a jet-tip, next a jet tip with the small white brush, and finally the brush tip. I use these tips to irrigate between my teeth, along the tooth/gumline interface, and the tongue (using the brush).

This routine helps tremendously in starting the day by dislodging and flushing-out, tenaciously-adhesive microbes. I am not affiliated with this product. My intention is to share this technique.

Image
chubbygirl
Junior
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

Post by chubbygirl »

why does dr. aydinmur say that hydrogen peroxide is not for daily use? im super confused, and now i don't know whether or not i should use hydrogen peroxide in my waterpik :-k
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Post by searching »

chubbygirl wrote:why does dr. aydinmur say that hydrogen peroxide is not for daily use? im super confused, and now i don't know whether or not i should use hydrogen peroxide in my waterpik :-k
Hi chubbygirl,

I'm no longer using hydrogen peroxide in my irrigator, just plain warm water. This is producing excellent results, provided I irrigate long-enough to flush the majority of plaque-building microbes, once daily.

Perhaps it may be useful to try several, repeated, water-only irrigations, after brushing & flossing, to observe the result.

This is the one technique I've stayed with for the long-term. It's working. On days when I skip this step I sense the difference, i.e. I can feel the biofilm rapidly return to teeth and soft palate.

The brush tips combined with the jet-tip have helped me obtain the best result. It's inconvenient to irrigate for six (6) minutes (3 tanksful); however, the payoff is worth it in this case.

I had Mexican food for lunch today, and drinking a glass of water chased all residue away, i.e. no spoiling, foul deposits left behind. It’s now evening, 10 hours after brushing, flossing, and irrigating, and mouth is still fresh.
chubbygirl
Junior
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

Post by chubbygirl »

wow, good for you :) i hope it works for me too. how long did you use the hydrogen peroxide solution? i'm wondering how long i should use it for before i switch to water only in my waterpik . . .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗