THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

How I Cured My BB (one person's experience)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Spits32
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 am

How I Cured My BB (one person's experience)

Post by Spits32 »

I suffered with BB from about age 14-22. I am now 24 and have been bb free for about two years. It is unbelievable. Here is what I did that finally worked.

My doc gave me a small squeeze bottle from his collection of free pharmaceutical stuffs, NeilMed was the brand (you can get them online or at CVS for like 10 bucks). Basically I just started rinsing my sinuses out twice a day morning and night with warm water mixed with the little salt packets that it comes with. After about a month I started doing it once daily or every other day if I started to feel the post nasal drip coming back. Side note: once you run out of salt packets, make sure you continue with NON-iodized salt from the super market. Don't ask me why, that's just what I've read, but it might have to do with not wanting to shoot iodine up your nose on a daily basis.

Secondly, I started taking 1 pill per day of Super Acidophilus that I ordered online. Basically it is just a super concentrated pill of "beneficial bacteria" (like the yogurt that Jamie Lee Curtis sells to old ladies in order to regulate their bowels). Do some research, a lot of the bottles are like 1 billion or 2 billion cells per pill, but you definitely want something 2+ billion or more. They are a tad expensive, but a lot of the online sellers do deals like buy 3 get 2 free or something like that, and I just stock the extras in my fridge.

Thirdly, and this stuff is just common sense, brush, floss, and rinse daily. I use those one-time-use flosser things you can find at cvs, they are a little wasteful which I don't like but they REALLY get the job done. I then use Listerine Whitening mouthwash as a pre-brush rinse. Feel free to try other brands, just make sure they don't have any alcohol in them as this will just dry your mouth out and add more bacteria. I just like the whitening one because it has peroxide which foams up and is excellent at freshening your breath. I remember rinsing with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda back when I was a teenager and trying just about everything to get rid of my bb. Not pleasant.

Finally I brush, no fancy toothpaste really, and I have a tongue scraper on the back side of the toothbrush which is really nice just to get any stray bacteria hangin out there.

So all in all, I do this in the morning and takes me an extra 15-20 minutes tops in my normal routine. But it is well worth it and for me was the only way I solved my bad breath.

In terms of theories, I definitely think bacteria was feeding off the mucous dripping into the back of my throat (commonly known as PND or post nasal drip). And the surest way to get rid of it is to rinse that junk out EVERY DAY. If I slip up and don't rinse out my sinuses for 3-5 days I can definitely feel the difference in my mouth.

So, there you have it, no magic tricks, no therabreath, no Dr. Katz, no thousands of dollars of surgery. It just took a lot of trial and error, and research, to find out what worked for me. I hope it will do the same for some of you as well. I figured I'd come back and give some words of wisdom now that I finally kicked this problem to the curb. Good luck everyone.
phineas
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 am

Post by phineas »

Thanks for all the input Spits, it is appreciated.
halihope
Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by halihope »

I think the pill is the one that is helping you and of course the brushing, cleaning teeth routine. As far as the salt/water combo lot of us tried it at one time and it help some of us a bit as for me it only made my mucous more loose and my bb worst. I am very happy for you and I just hope the rest of us can find our own personal "cure"/control
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗