i went to the doctors todays and was given a weeks worth of antibiotics, they are called amoxicillin
he said they might work or they might not and also said it is possible my breath could get worse
now i am not sure what to do
and also, is there any danger in eating and drinking probiotic stuff like yogurt and yakult(which i was going to start doing) if you are on antibiotics?
thanks
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
so, i have been given antibiotics
after having a search through the forum i have noticed that somebody has claimed to be cured from antibiotics while other people were cured but it returned after they stopped taking them
what i have been prescribed is a weeks worth of amoxicillin capsules(taking 3 day)
and a weeks worth of metronidazole tablets(taking 3 a day)
i really dont know whether to try these incase my breath comes back worse than it is now
i was thinking of doing the probiotic yogurt thing for 6 weeks to see if that helped and if it didnt try these antiobiotics
does anybody know how long after you have been giving a prescription can you use it?
or would i have to get them now and hold onto them?
what i have been prescribed is a weeks worth of amoxicillin capsules(taking 3 day)
and a weeks worth of metronidazole tablets(taking 3 a day)
i really dont know whether to try these incase my breath comes back worse than it is now
i was thinking of doing the probiotic yogurt thing for 6 weeks to see if that helped and if it didnt try these antiobiotics
does anybody know how long after you have been giving a prescription can you use it?
or would i have to get them now and hold onto them?
the thing with antibiotics is they kill off all bacteria both good and bad... if you are going to take them make sure you take them religiously and finish them all.. because if it doesnt eliminate the bacteria that may be causing the odor, it will most likely become immune to antibiotic. take as many probiotics as you can acidophilus bifidius etc to help replace the lost good stomach bacteria. yogurt helps, if you dont mind the dairy.
i can tell you personally that I took a small dose of augmentin antibiotic for 5 days... my breath felt better while on them but when I got off them I believe my breath has become worse. more of like a mothball smell but how it really smells I have no clue. its my fault, I took the antibiotic for the heck of it. anyway I was recently tested for h pylori and if it returns positive then I WILL be taking the mega-dose treatment for it. goodf luck
if i were you i'd first find a reason to take them.. and I don't mean just BB, but find something. example, get tested for h pylori, sinus infection, anything else. then get the specific treatment for that, if any infection is found of course
i can tell you personally that I took a small dose of augmentin antibiotic for 5 days... my breath felt better while on them but when I got off them I believe my breath has become worse. more of like a mothball smell but how it really smells I have no clue. its my fault, I took the antibiotic for the heck of it. anyway I was recently tested for h pylori and if it returns positive then I WILL be taking the mega-dose treatment for it. goodf luck
if i were you i'd first find a reason to take them.. and I don't mean just BB, but find something. example, get tested for h pylori, sinus infection, anything else. then get the specific treatment for that, if any infection is found of course
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.