something very weird has happened
when i first was made aware of my bad breath and yellow tongue about 6-8 months ago i was doing alot of swimming, like nearly every day
i stopped about 2 months ago and although i still get a bad taste in my mouth sometimes i am sure my breath has not been as bad as it was
well today i went swimming for the first time in about 2 months and i have a very bad taste in my mouth again and my tongue is more yellow
I always found that swimming helped reduce BB during actual swimming and for a short while afterwards. I think the antibacterials added to pools acts on the oral bacteria and in the same way as anything else which throws the microbial balance and you will end up with stange tastes, coatings and maybe odours too. Same thing happens with antibiotics depending on how far everything is thrown out of balance.
I never used to use any mouthwashes or do anything physical to my tongue, but guaranteed if i had to use mouthwash in an emergency i'd end up with a very coated tongue for a few days.
that hapened to me too.!!!!
at the beginning I thought it was a coincidence, but no.. after swimming I had a terrible breath..
I used to swim once or twice a week.. for some reason I stopped swimming that frequently.. when I did go swim, I noticed my breath was much much worse.. by that time, I was going swimming every 2 or 3 weeks, and it always happened...
I had horrible breath for the following 3 days after swimming.., felt from 5 feet away..(I usually have a bad breath, but not that horrible.., )
I did some googling, and from what I read.. it is the chlorine..
chlorine kills bacteria, the good one and the bad one..
I already have low level of good bacteria in my mouth, then
they were killed very quickly..
(good bacteria are what probiotics are about).. bad bacteria is more resistant and comes back or reproduced faster..
I stopped swimming.. I do zumba instead.. I am looking for a swimming pool without or low levels of chlorine