I sort of found temporary releif from my bb. My tongue has a faint white coating on it; it's not red or pink but my tongue is actually white. My mouth is prone to becoming dry and I always have a bad metal/sulfer taste to my saliva. I've had bb since 12 years of age.
Here is what I do...
I use a metal Dr Tung's tongue scraper and scrape hard from way in the back.
I then scrub my tongue vigorously, especially way in the back, with zinc toothpaste or the stuff Dr. Daily sells (plz no flamming I know he's a fraud).
Scrape tongue with ts again.
Repeat above steps multiple times, alternating between the Dr. Daily toothpaste and Colgage Total.
Then I scrub my tongue vigorously a few times with hydrogen peroxide (undiluted).
Then I take a swig of hydrogen peroxide (undiluted) and use it as a mouthwash.
When I say I do these steps repeatedly I'm not joking...I'll do them for 20-30 minutes.
The result...
Using the wrist lick method I get no odor detection for 3-4 hours. After 4 hrs odor returns.
As a backup, I keep a travel toothbrush and the ts in my pocket and excuse myself to the restroom for a touch up.
The main drawback with this is that it takes a lot of time. And the next day your tongue is a swollen, blistered, bloody soar as heck feeling thing. If I have a date
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
A Cure I found - sort of and temporary
-
johntaylorny
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am
-
never_bn_kissed
- Newbie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:48 am
sounds exactly like what i do - the only way to get my tongue pink, except i use colgate alcohol free mouth wash rather than h2o2
like elgrizzle mentioned, do you find eating certain foods helps at all? i only know that alcohol the night before makes my breath seriously bad the next day, but am yet to find a diet that helps
also, related to the lick the wrist test (ie testing the smell of the saliva) i too notice temporary relief after my routine, maybe not for as long as 4 hours. do you notice people's reactions to you during the various stages of your day? do they change?
like elgrizzle mentioned, do you find eating certain foods helps at all? i only know that alcohol the night before makes my breath seriously bad the next day, but am yet to find a diet that helps
also, related to the lick the wrist test (ie testing the smell of the saliva) i too notice temporary relief after my routine, maybe not for as long as 4 hours. do you notice people's reactions to you during the various stages of your day? do they change?
-
johntaylorny
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am
I had no luck with any non-alcohol mouthwash. I use Hydro Peroxide. As for drinking alcohol the night before, yea alcohol completely dehydrates your tissues in your mouth. Baceteria thrive in dryness.
After 4 decades of dealing with bb, I'm in 'give up ' mode now. I only do my 30 min routine when going out to a social function. I also keep a travel toothbrush and tongue scraper in my pocket and do a touch up during the outting.
I just can't imagine how bad my breath was when I was a kid before even using a tongue scraper. I can remember the torment I went thru as a kid. Even today I've been at meetings at work and people have gotten up and moved away from me and said "he smells" to the person next to them. The other night I was out with friends and one of them kept using the word 'breath' repeadetly and I knew it was an inside joke.
After my 30 min job, I get no odor from the wrist lick for 3-4 hrs. So I assume the bacteria is neutralized. Got right in people's faces and no reaction afterward.
As I said however, the next day my tongue is so soar I can't even eat or talk.
After 4 decades of dealing with bb, I'm in 'give up ' mode now. I only do my 30 min routine when going out to a social function. I also keep a travel toothbrush and tongue scraper in my pocket and do a touch up during the outting.
I just can't imagine how bad my breath was when I was a kid before even using a tongue scraper. I can remember the torment I went thru as a kid. Even today I've been at meetings at work and people have gotten up and moved away from me and said "he smells" to the person next to them. The other night I was out with friends and one of them kept using the word 'breath' repeadetly and I knew it was an inside joke.
After my 30 min job, I get no odor from the wrist lick for 3-4 hrs. So I assume the bacteria is neutralized. Got right in people's faces and no reaction afterward.
As I said however, the next day my tongue is so soar I can't even eat or talk.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.