THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Got metronidazole today
FYI
Meowkity:
I think this is the best treatment for fungal sinusitis without surgery . The Sinusitis Nose Spray is a perfect combination of antibacterial , anti-fungal , and anti--inflammatory medicines . Metronidazole can reduce the superimposed bacterial infection for a short time but can not treat the fungal infection if indeed you have it
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:L1 ... clnk&gl=us
Meowkity:
I think this is the best treatment for fungal sinusitis without surgery . The Sinusitis Nose Spray is a perfect combination of antibacterial , anti-fungal , and anti--inflammatory medicines . Metronidazole can reduce the superimposed bacterial infection for a short time but can not treat the fungal infection if indeed you have it
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:L1 ... clnk&gl=us
Last edited by sadman on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I went in to the doctore for that today & all she did was give me a swap on my tongue, hopefully its still effective?ElGrizzle wrote:Yea I was checked for H-pylori. It showed no positive results. I used Flagyl (metronidazole) anyway. It helped with mouth BB. Haver you ever had an H-pylori test, they give you some acidic stuff and you breath into a tube. Its a very easy procedure.
on another note.
Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole, and bismuth are used together to treat pouchitis. Both of these anti-microbials reach into deep crevices. Have you ever had bleeding in stool? or darkish black stool?
Well, supposedly there is H pylori in the mouth too, but this definitely is not a standard test. I just had a second breath test done today, the only problem is I was taking antibiotics a day before. It may screw the results. If it is not positive I will do the blood test, as I hate blood tests (make me feel really dizzy afterwards).
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
meowkity you asked me some questions on the previous page yesterday, but I had some technical problems so i'll try to answer them now.
Firstly, as we've said before, your bad tooth/bb onset might just have been a coincidence. If you've dealt with the tooth and are convinced you dont have any other dental problems then you can be assured its nothing to do with it - UNLESS that tooth triggered something else ie like a sinus infection.
Regarding sinusitis, if its an acute bacterial/viral cold etc that temporarily blocks the sinuses off, then as long as it clears within a week or two then things will clear up completely.
But as research is showing, sinusitis can be triggered for lots of different reasons. And generally, depending on the cause, can easily take hold and become chronic.
Sadman posted a good link yesterday:-
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:L1 ... clnk&gl=us
Do some research into sinusitis to try to understand all the concepts and see how anything might relate to your own situation.
Lets just wait and see after your ENT appointment too, but make sure you get fully clued up on the subject before you go.
Firstly, as we've said before, your bad tooth/bb onset might just have been a coincidence. If you've dealt with the tooth and are convinced you dont have any other dental problems then you can be assured its nothing to do with it - UNLESS that tooth triggered something else ie like a sinus infection.
Regarding sinusitis, if its an acute bacterial/viral cold etc that temporarily blocks the sinuses off, then as long as it clears within a week or two then things will clear up completely.
But as research is showing, sinusitis can be triggered for lots of different reasons. And generally, depending on the cause, can easily take hold and become chronic.
Sadman posted a good link yesterday:-
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:L1 ... clnk&gl=us
Do some research into sinusitis to try to understand all the concepts and see how anything might relate to your own situation.
Lets just wait and see after your ENT appointment too, but make sure you get fully clued up on the subject before you go.
Well everyone breath wise I am still doing good.
But it was discouraging this morning, I hadnt brushed yet, but I am not sensing any shit, egg, or dead cells, but I called out to my son this morning to make sure he was getting dressed. I was in my room he ws in his. As soon as I yelled are you getting dressed, he sneezed twice. I was way around the corner in my room. He hadnt sneezed all morning, and he did as soon as I talked.
So although I have gotten rid of most the stench, I am seeming to get some alergic reactions. But I hadnt brushed yet so maybe I just have lowere levels of gas in my mouth.
And to have good breath I have to do my routine that takes almost half an hour. Sometimes I just dread getting it started, bcause theres so much to do.
I am not cured.
And being off the metronidazole doesnt seem to make my breath worse
But it was discouraging this morning, I hadnt brushed yet, but I am not sensing any shit, egg, or dead cells, but I called out to my son this morning to make sure he was getting dressed. I was in my room he ws in his. As soon as I yelled are you getting dressed, he sneezed twice. I was way around the corner in my room. He hadnt sneezed all morning, and he did as soon as I talked.
So although I have gotten rid of most the stench, I am seeming to get some alergic reactions. But I hadnt brushed yet so maybe I just have lowere levels of gas in my mouth.
And to have good breath I have to do my routine that takes almost half an hour. Sometimes I just dread getting it started, bcause theres so much to do.
I am not cured.
And being off the metronidazole doesnt seem to make my breath worse
-
girlie girl
- Advanced
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
- Location: United States
I believe it was 500 mg every 8 hours. . Ive been off about a week.
Although I am not worse than before, I dont feel, it really helped much either.
Actually I just am not sure. At the same time I startd chlorhexidine and xtra strength thera breath products.
As far as nose fart is concerned I m not sure it helped with that, Im tird of asking my son. And I think his mood determines what he tells me about my smell.
I am still much improved but it takes so much to keep it up.
After my routine today I just starte crying because I am so tired of standing at the ink for an hlf hour.
Id hate to hurt myself , and I wont kill myself but its geting so frustrating I just want to chop off all those large bumps in back of tung.
Thie thing with my nose fart is I am not making people sneeze and cough and gag, anymore but I am noticing some rubbing but not all the time.
So maybe metronidazole helped my nose fart while I was on it
I dont f&*&*g know I am so tired. I just never imagined I would be a hermit in my home because of bad breath. It really really sucks.
Although I am not worse than before, I dont feel, it really helped much either.
Actually I just am not sure. At the same time I startd chlorhexidine and xtra strength thera breath products.
As far as nose fart is concerned I m not sure it helped with that, Im tird of asking my son. And I think his mood determines what he tells me about my smell.
I am still much improved but it takes so much to keep it up.
After my routine today I just starte crying because I am so tired of standing at the ink for an hlf hour.
Id hate to hurt myself , and I wont kill myself but its geting so frustrating I just want to chop off all those large bumps in back of tung.
Thie thing with my nose fart is I am not making people sneeze and cough and gag, anymore but I am noticing some rubbing but not all the time.
So maybe metronidazole helped my nose fart while I was on it
I dont f&*&*g know I am so tired. I just never imagined I would be a hermit in my home because of bad breath. It really really sucks.
-
girlie girl
- Advanced
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
- Location: United States
Meowkity1,
I feel your pain! I am so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel. It's such a roller coaster ride. Some days I am so full of joy and then some days it's so bad and I feel so sad and helpless. I still have hope. I believe I will fix this! I hope that you can keep that hope in your heart too! Thanks for posting and sharing your story.
I feel your pain! I am so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel. It's such a roller coaster ride. Some days I am so full of joy and then some days it's so bad and I feel so sad and helpless. I still have hope. I believe I will fix this! I hope that you can keep that hope in your heart too! Thanks for posting and sharing your story.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.