halitosisux wrote:KeepTrying, if you read this, can you please describe your BB odour? Did it make your tongue smell? Do you think the actual esophegal candida infection itself was causing your BB or do you think it was a whole body/systemic situation infection. The reason I ask is that lots of others seem to share similar facts to yours except actually finding any specific area which is infected, unlike you with your clearly infected esophagus. I'm just thinking that because people like meowkity noticed improvement while they took the anfifungals, that it wore off after stopping because although it helped deal with any fungal overgrowth inside the mouth, it might need to be taken for much longer to bring it under control elsewhere inside the body, like inside the sinuses for instance. As you pointed out recently, fungal sinus infection requires some very specific measures to diagnose as well as to eliminate it.
Hey halitosisux,
I can't really describe my bad breath odor because to be honest I could never smell my own breath. I guess I was acclimated to it. Also no one ever told me
HOW my breath smelled, they just told me it smelled bad.
I do believe that my esophageal Candida infection was the root cause of my bad breath because after I was treated and cured of the Candida infection my bad breath disappeared.
However, I also believe that a Candida infection is a whole body disease. Everyone has Candida in their bodies. Normally the Candida is kept in check by our immune system and the friendly bacteria that should populate our guts. It's just for some people the Candida overgrows and causes damage and adverse symptoms (such as my bad breath). There could be many reasons why our bodies can't keep the Candida from overgrowing, such as repeated use of antibiotics, poor diets, high stress, taking birth control pills, drinking too much alcohol, having some immunocomprimising illness, etc. The Candida in my body decided to overgrow and infect my esophagus, but for others it could decide to infect some other area, such as the sinuses, mouth, intestines, skin or nails, genital areas, etc. I think a Candida infection anywhere in your body could be related to bad breath in some way.
I feel bad that Meowkity's bad breath came back. But i'd like to know if she changed her eating habits or lifestyle after using the anti fungal medicine. I changed my eating habits and lifestyle completely after I found out I had a Candida infection because I didn't want it to ever come back. Meowkity, if you read this could you please tell us about your eating habits and lifestyle after you stopped using the anti fungal? Thanks.