In the past, I thought that I might have tonsil stones, but never could see any when I looked back there. I recently made more of an effort to peel back the folds around my tonsils to see if there were any stones. I didn't find any hard stones, but a lot of soft white particles on the surface. The stuff I could get out was definitely very smelly, so that's most likely where my bb is coming from. It also explains the bad taste I get in my mouth on occasion.
I did some research and found that eliminating dairy is recommended to reduce or eliminate tonsil stones. So I'm going on a low dairy diet to see if this helps. In the mean time I'll try to clean out the tonsils once a day. It's hard to do without causing some bleeding. I also ordered a dental irrigator syringe which might help.
I think this is worth trying before doing anything radical, like laser surgery. I don't buy the theory that the stones come from trapped food. It appears that the tonsils are secreting something that already smells bad. I could be wrong, but they are connected to the lymphatic system. They seem to act like garbage collectors for the immune system.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Think I found the cause of my bb
Hey
good to hear you think your BB is sorted...
I found a great article about tonsil stones and crypts on goarticles check it out - it even gives you a recipe for a mouthwash
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2451390
Sally
x
good to hear you think your BB is sorted...
I found a great article about tonsil stones and crypts on goarticles check it out - it even gives you a recipe for a mouthwash
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2451390
Sally
x
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.