Your Email Address:

First Name:

ph acid level

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stinkLikeShit247
Total Newbie

ph acid level

Post by stinkLikeShit247 »

I just don't get it. If our ph level is too acidic, then bacteria will flourish. If we don't have stomach acid, then bacteria will flourish. Does this mean we have to have that "perfect" level of acidity to have that "perfect" balance of bacteria? I have no idea what is good and what is bad for bad breath. For example, I find contradicting information about the effects of vinegar on bad breath. Some say it kills the bacteria, some say it exacerbates bad breath. Should we take HCL tablets to increase our stomach acid or should we take more probiotics? Every advices is like a catch 22. Anything we do causes bad breath. If we go on a diet, it causes bad breath...if we eat too much of this and that, it causes bad breath.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

The body has a number of systems that keep the body's pH in check since being too alkaline or too acidic is dangerous. Therefore except in very rare circumstances the body maintains its pH within a very narrow range. So even if you drink a bunch of cider vinegar or do something really stupid, the body will just work to neutralize the acid to keep its pH in the normal range.

ps: I've tried the alkalizing diet before, it's a load of BS. The amount of lemonade (lemon+water) i drank when i was on that diet was insane. I drank so much of it that it made me puked once. Lemon is supposedly the most alkalizing food there is. Oddly nough, when i puked, i think it was stomach acid, so don't believe anything about diets that can make your body more alkaline, i don't think there's anything scientific about it, someone correct me if i'm wrong. Damn you curezone.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

As for HCL tablets and probiotics, i don't think neither can be harmful. I personally don't think our problem has to do with stomach acid. If you insist on taking something just for the sake of being pro-active, i'd definetely go with probiotics but don't take it for just a week or 2 like most people do, take it for months otherwise you might as well not take it. I've read genuine testimonies that probiotics can cure BB but i haven't seen anyone here made that claim so who knows. Actually, i bet if i searched for 'probiotics' on this forum, i'd find people like Snoopsister saying they were cured by probiotics. You shouldn't believe anything that's written on the interwebz these days.

I was thinking yesterday of taking probiotics long-term, like for several months, simply because of all the products that exists, it's the one that makes the most sense to me and the only one scientifically proven. It's still a very long shot but it beats not doing anything and crying like a little girl!
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

There`s a member called forrest who cured his room- filling bb with probiotics after taking it for 4 years. Noptical is also a member who was able to treat his bb with yogurt. The only small downside is you may have to take it for as long as you live or the bacterias will start to repopulate.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I wouldn't trust anything Noptical has said.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

I've taken probiotics for 2 years now, mainly as a preventative to keep my Candida from coming back.

But I have heard from some people that probiotics cured their bad breath. Then again, i've heard from some people who said they didn't. I guess it depends on how long you take them and if you get a good brand or not.

I give credit to Noptical though. I've read research that showed yogurt lowered the amount of volatile sulfur compounds in something like 80% or more of the volunteers who participated in the study. I think I even quoted that research in my thread about yogurt....viewtopic.php?t=2568

By the way Archie, why are you ripping on Snoop?
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Archimonde wrote:I wouldn't trust anything Noptical has said.
What has made you say that?
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Actually, i bet if i searched for 'probiotics' on this forum, i'd find people like Snoopsister saying they were cured by probiotics. You shouldn't believe anything that's written on the interwebz these days.

what is your ****ing problem! My condition is a serious candida infection so when I took goldenseal and probiotics I did believe I was cured and it worked for a while. The biozole so far has worked thank God! yet, today my acid reflux came back, this messes my stomach up. I actually can feel my esphogas tighten up something that the bio zole took away. I started taking probiotics again after my treatment, I wonder if it excarebates acid reflux.
Arch, it's people like you who are so cynical. you have no idea how I have suffered from this crap!! Please God let me be cured! how long with no suffering are you considered cured?
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

arch,
why don't you kill yourself since you don't expect to be cured? :-({|=
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Noptical`s condition is treatable. He only have a 3 footer bb with no nasal odor unlike real chronic ones like me who can literally fill up a huge house without any effort so it`s no surprise that yogurt worked on him after 4 months.

Anyways, I`m sure people who have a difficult time treating their halitosis had developed bacterial biofilms. These biofilms creates chemicals that protect the bacterias from antibiotics & probiotics. I`m sure I have so many biofilms in my stomach.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

my ent takes tonsils out, but he did tell me to try a med that relievs stomach acid. I havnt tried it yet
Tony818

Post by Tony818 »

hey snoopsister how are you doing so far?
Tony818

Post by Tony818 »

hey snoopsister how are you doing so far? andd plzz dont tell him to kill himselff cuz thats nott nicee we are all a family here :)
rexona
Total Newbie

Post by rexona »

do you know ? where can you buy a halimeter? it s so strange that they only sell to the dentists. help me please if you know more...
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

rexona wrote:do you know ? where can you buy a halimeter? it s so strange that they only sell to the dentists. help me please if you know more...

IMO, the halimeter is dated since it underestimates the dimethyl sulfide & the hydrogen sulfide giving an inaccurate result.
Recommended breath tests are:

1. lactulose or hydrogen breath test.
2. fructose intolerance test.
3. oral chroma test.

It`s more practical to take these tests in clinics as they are much cheaper than buying the machine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic