THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Shining Blue LED Light on Tonsils may be Helping

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hope4now
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 am
Gender:

Shining Blue LED Light on Tonsils may be Helping

Post by hope4now »

For about a week now, I've been using the round end of a toothbrush handle to clean out my tonsils in the mirror with a flashlight. It's a disgusting job, but somebody's got to do it. It's was helping to remove some of the white junk, but it always smelled like crap so I knew the germs were still active.

The other day I had the idea to try the blue LED flashlight I had bought awhile back, instead of the white LED flashlight I had been using.

Today I used the blue light a second time while cleaning out the tonsils. There was still some white paste there but the over-powering bad smell was almost gone from both tonsils! It appears that shining the blue light directly on the inside of the tonsils is killing the germs that cause the smell. I even skipped a day yesterday and they still didn't smell nearly as bad as usual.

If I keep this up, it may keep the tonsil infection under control. I hope others with smelly tonsils will try this to confirm that it works. (I recommend wearing some red laser goggles to protect the eyes from the bright blue light.)

Update: one other less optimistic theory is that the blue light is acting as a deodorizer more than a germ killer. When I probed again with a regular flashlight, the smell from one tonsil seemed worse but still not as bad as before. Only time will tell. (I'm also reducing my dairy intake which some say reduces the tonsil stone production. So this isn't exactly a scientific process. Too many variables.)
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by meowkity1 »

I have faith in the bluelight, but not the kind in the store. When they come with a real blue light product for the mouth, I may try.
I updated abput my tonsils, you may want to try to get your out. My doc said mines were big, infected, full of gunk, and tonsil stones that I didnt even know I had. My mouth improved right away.
I used to always say I thought maybe tonsils were my prob, cuaes when I cleaned my tongue, and closed my ,outh the part of my tongue that was pressed on tonsils always turned white immediately.
jollibee1208
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by jollibee1208 »

well i wish i could have that light u are refering too. im just a student and i have no money to purchase it.

but i have the same problem as u both. there are no problems on my teeth and gums,, its just the junk on my toncils. there is spot on my toncil that have stones which i cant get with tools to pull it out. its almost downward on toncil..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗