In my case I suffer of non acidic reflux which is worst at nights. I don't feel any burning sensation, but I feel fluids coming up to my throat. I have to wait 3-4 hrs after dinner before to go bed just to attenuate my BB.
My tonsils were removed many years ago and It did not solve my BB problem.
My theory is that the fluids rich in proteins from the reflux are retained in our tonsils (lingual, the one back to your tongue). As you eat food rich in proteins, like eggs, milk derivatives, meat, fish, etc, the BB is worst, becasue the food is degraded by anaerobic bacteria, which produce the BB.
Mouth washes can kill the bacteria in your tongue and throat, but do not reach the back of our throats(lingual tonsils), this diminishes temporary the BB. However it will come back again since we are not focusing in the actual problem; the reflux in my case. More food rich in proteins will reach the tonsils after a reflux event and food will be retained and generate BB again.