THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Where did everyone go?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

Squeeze your tonsil does it smell? if so you should proceed with tonsillitis, if not then its up 2 u.
One Day One Day....
exume
Advanced
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:08 pm
Gender:

bb

Post by exume »

your lucky mines smells like shit
hoping
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 am

Post by hoping »

Oneday111, my nasal odor changes from time to time...for instance, today smells like old grease and tomorrow can smell like garlic (I don't eat garlic). Other odor include fecal, sour, rose, salty, and sweat.

I have tonsil stones but they smell like saliva.

Did you have the above mentioned different kinds of odor before you removed your tonsils?

BTW, taking fluconazole did help a lot on my nasal odor.

Thanks.
bb_girl
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bb_girl »

Wow, that's great! I hope it won't be too painful for you! Did you tell your doctor you want your tonsils out because of bad breath? If so, how did he react? My doctor doesn't recommend getting it out because he says the pain after the surgery is painful. I think I rather go through that than have BB but still thinking about it...
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

hoping wrote:Oneday111, my nasal odor changes from time to time...for instance, today smells like old grease and tomorrow can smell like garlic (I don't eat garlic). Other odor include fecal, sour, rose, salty, and sweat.
Ok to be honest with you, I think u have some halitiphobia which is cause its unlikely that soo many different smells are being emmited. I think you should just ignore them and just say your nose stinks.

All i can think of is try nasal irrigation if you dont know what that is then click forum at the top and go on sticky begginers guide, you can try the other possible cures in there to, if you still dont understand PM me or post back :) Cuase it sounds like you have clean tonsils.

I manged to reach stage 3 jala neti.
One Day One Day....
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

bb_girl wrote:Wow, that's great! I hope it won't be too painful for you! Did you tell your doctor you want your tonsils out because of bad breath? If so, how did he react? My doctor doesn't recommend getting it out because he says the pain after the surgery is painful. I think I rather go through that than have BB but still thinking about it...
Are you from England? If so are you going via NHS?
One Day One Day....
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hoping, read this:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory# ... _olfaction

Also if I remember correctly, trimethylamine (and other related chemicals produced in the gut) in very low quantities, is described as smelling of some of the odours you've mentioned. This might provide you with some clues as to what's happening in your case.
bhd
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by bhd »

keep us updated
rexona
Total Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by rexona »

hi ! which tonsil are you talking about , nose,or in mouth?
good luck with the oparation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗