THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Does Cigarette causes bad breath or tooth decay ??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
robsam
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 am

Does Cigarette causes bad breath or tooth decay ??

Post by robsam »

Guys I have a question . I am smoking since last 7 years . I heard many times that cigarette is also a cause of tooth decay and bad breath . Does that true ? Well I myself do not feel any bad brath in my mouth . And my teeth are also strong . Am I in a way for dental insurance . :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


_______________________________________________
Dental Insurance
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

Its like a catalyst to bade breath, it aids in bad breath but most probably not the cuase.
One Day One Day....
stuffysbb
Total Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:14 am

Post by stuffysbb »

i also smoke.. but i had bad breathe before that. so i kno its not the cause... i but also kno it dont help annyy
Susie
Sheriff
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Susie »

I had a friend who smoked, drank, had sinus issues and allergies and never once did I smell her breath.

Susie
User avatar
KeepTrying09
Sheriff
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Sorry to be blunt guys, but people who think that smoking or drinking don't contribute to bad breath are living in denial.

For chronic halitosis sufferers, maybe it's not the direct cause, but it surely doesn't help any. Just because other people can smoke or drink and not have bad breath, doesn't mean that those who do have bad breath should pick up the habit. If people with bad breath want to use that logic to justify their habits then that's fine, I just wouldn't expect any success in finding a cure with that line of reasoning.
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Post by terranpatriot »

KeepTrying09 wrote:Sorry to be blunt guys, but people who think that smoking or drinking don't contribute to bad breath are living in denial.

For chronic halitosis sufferers, maybe it's not the direct cause, but it surely doesn't help any. Just because other people can smoke or drink and not have bad breath, doesn't mean that those who do have bad breath should pick up the habit. If people with bad breath want to use that logic to justify their habits then that's fine, I just wouldn't expect any success in finding a cure with that line of reasoning.
I'd like to second this assessment. I have been a smoker for about 6 years. I've had BB for about 8. When I first got BB, i was still able to live a normal life for about 3 years. But the BB got progressively worse, and took over my personality making me more self-conscious. I used "smoking breaks" to socialize with other people. While with other people, I would also constantly mention how bad I needed a cigarette. This way, I was making sure it was known to everyone that I was a smoker, so that they would believe smoking to be the cause of my bad breath (something temporary that could be fixed, as opposed to an ever-lasting medical condition).

I have quit smoking for about 2 weeks now, and my BB has significantly improved. Smoking dries out your mouth, and messes up your saliva production and composition. Yeah, people who smoke a pack a day may not have BB, and yeah, you may have had BB prior to picking up this habit. However, this is irrelevant and does not give you an excuse or provide rationale to continue smoking. I know because I used to employ such reasoning. Stop smoking to increase saliva flow and the antibacterial quality of your saliva, and breathe through your nose whenever you can as opposed to your mouth. Try to make a conscious effort to breathe through your nose when you can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗