Hello!
Reason for my bad breath is h pylori, that I know for sure. My doctor wrote out antiobiotika but after stopping my bad breath came back. What should I do? Go crazy soon. Especially when you know what is the cause of one's suffering.
Now for a completely different thing, I read in another thread about Flagyl. Got back my pills today. Ordered thirty of them but then I saw that it would take two tablets three times a day for ten days? My thirty tablets is sufficient only for five days then? Should I ignore them or to give it a try?
Grateful if you have answers to my questions.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Hello
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Hey Mimmi,
I don't think it would hurt to give the Flagyl a try. Flagyl is just the brand name of Metronidazole, which is the antibiotic I mentioned awhile back. You mentioned something about taking 2 tablets three times a day. I just wanted to ask you, are you taking 200mg or 400mg tablets?
Also, it's important that both during and after your treatment you are taking probiotic supplements. I assume you live in Europe (just because of the way you spelled antibiotic in your post). If i'm correct, then they have a really good brand of probiotic in Europe called VSL#3. It has 450 billion CFU per dose, which is massive!
Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.
I don't think it would hurt to give the Flagyl a try. Flagyl is just the brand name of Metronidazole, which is the antibiotic I mentioned awhile back. You mentioned something about taking 2 tablets three times a day. I just wanted to ask you, are you taking 200mg or 400mg tablets?
Also, it's important that both during and after your treatment you are taking probiotic supplements. I assume you live in Europe (just because of the way you spelled antibiotic in your post). If i'm correct, then they have a really good brand of probiotic in Europe called VSL#3. It has 450 billion CFU per dose, which is massive!
Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.
Hello
What fun that you reply in my thread
The tablets are 250 mg, I have thirty tablets. What should I do? They are not sufficient for ten days = (
Is good that I am from Europe
Thanks for the information.
To call me doctor tomorrow and talk more with him about this with my h pylori
The tablets are 250 mg, I have thirty tablets. What should I do? They are not sufficient for ten days = (
Is good that I am from Europe
Thanks for the information.
To call me doctor tomorrow and talk more with him about this with my h pylori
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Re: Hello
10 days is not the absolute number of days you have to take it. In fact if you read the patient information leaflet that comes inside the box of Flagyl, it says to take it anywhere between 5-10 days depending on the severity of the infection. So if you had a minor infection then 5 days might be enough to clear it up, especially since you are planning on taking 1,500mg per day! That's really a high dosage in my opinion.mimmi wrote:What fun that you reply in my thread![]()
The tablets are 250 mg, I have thirty tablets. What should I do? They are not sufficient for ten days = (
Is good that I am from Europe![]()
Thanks for the information.
To call me doctor tomorrow and talk more with him about this with my h pylori
But since you are going to speak to your doctor tomorrow, I think it's best that you get his opinion on the matter.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.