THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Re-Intro/Does alkaloid water help bad breath?
-
bunniesluvme
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Re-Intro/Does alkaloid water help bad breath?
Hello, I'm a lurker with bad breath for about 15 years now. I've posted here in the distant past, and decided to check back in hopes of a cure. No luck so far for most of us. It is extremely depressing. But, I'm trying to count my blessings and get on with life.
My husband brought home a gallon of alkaloid water the other day. It is supposed to be very healthy to drink. Well, I tasted it and it tasted very soft, not like tap water. So I drank the whole glass quickly. I got a brief headache and my lips burned for a few minutes. The next day I drank some more. I noticed that my mouth felt really good, clean! My super thick saliva was lessened. My breath problems are a combination of things, some imbalance in the mouth, but I feel its cause is somewhere in my throat. Any improvement is better than none. Just wondering if anyone else has had good luck with alkaloid water.
As far as my story goes, it pretty much parallels strappy09's. Chronic throat infections as a child, massive antibiotics to cure them, silver tooth fillings, wisdom tooth removal and finally tonsillectomy in my early 20's. I've tried any and all remedies I could get my hands on. Used Therebreath extra strength for several years. Worked great in the beginning, but with time, my bb got worse. It was no longer effective, and with too much use on my part, I started having awful side effects. Sore throats, ear aches, mouth aches etc. My bb can clear a room, movie theatre, and I suspect a football stadium. I suspect I have cadaver breath. Other than my bb, I'm very healthy.
Willing to try diflucan to see if that will help. Until this is cured, I will always wonder what I could have done with my life, what would it have been like without this problem. Sorry to droned on or made anyone depressed.
Here's a sad but funny thing that happened to me. My little dog, Pepper rubs his eyes with his paws, or buries his face in my armpit if I blow my bb breath in his face! But, he licks me to let me know he still loves me. It's pretty bad when the dog, with his dog breath thinks my breath is bad! But it gave me a chuckle.
My husband brought home a gallon of alkaloid water the other day. It is supposed to be very healthy to drink. Well, I tasted it and it tasted very soft, not like tap water. So I drank the whole glass quickly. I got a brief headache and my lips burned for a few minutes. The next day I drank some more. I noticed that my mouth felt really good, clean! My super thick saliva was lessened. My breath problems are a combination of things, some imbalance in the mouth, but I feel its cause is somewhere in my throat. Any improvement is better than none. Just wondering if anyone else has had good luck with alkaloid water.
As far as my story goes, it pretty much parallels strappy09's. Chronic throat infections as a child, massive antibiotics to cure them, silver tooth fillings, wisdom tooth removal and finally tonsillectomy in my early 20's. I've tried any and all remedies I could get my hands on. Used Therebreath extra strength for several years. Worked great in the beginning, but with time, my bb got worse. It was no longer effective, and with too much use on my part, I started having awful side effects. Sore throats, ear aches, mouth aches etc. My bb can clear a room, movie theatre, and I suspect a football stadium. I suspect I have cadaver breath. Other than my bb, I'm very healthy.
Willing to try diflucan to see if that will help. Until this is cured, I will always wonder what I could have done with my life, what would it have been like without this problem. Sorry to droned on or made anyone depressed.
Here's a sad but funny thing that happened to me. My little dog, Pepper rubs his eyes with his paws, or buries his face in my armpit if I blow my bb breath in his face! But, he licks me to let me know he still loves me. It's pretty bad when the dog, with his dog breath thinks my breath is bad! But it gave me a chuckle.
-
bunniesluvme
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Correction
Oops. I meant to reference KeepTrying09 in my previous post.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Its just water that has been made more alkaline. Interesting that it makes your mouth feel better regarding BB. Have you ever tried testing the acidity of your mouth or your saliva or whether you've had any GI tests done, bunnie? If your relative levels of pH are low then this water might be helping you by increasing the pH. This might be working directly or systemically.
-
bunniesluvme
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Aydinmur,
Alkaline water was what I was referring to, not alkaloid. Sorry. The tap water in my city is highly chlorinated. It isn't as bad as some places in the country. I'm in Portland, Oregon, U.S. Water can be made more alkaline with either tablets purchased at a store; it's relatively inexpensive. Or an expensive water ionizer can be used. Depending on personal preference, you can take the pH of your water higher. The water I drank was approximately a pH of 8.5. Beyond that, I'm not certain of it's exact chemical makeup.
Halitosisux,
I've never had any GI tests, or saliva tested for acidity. Right now, I'm not insured. But when I was, the doctors pretty much blew me off, jokingly asked if I'd ever heard of mouth wash; you know, the same old insulting attitude. Gee, like they couldn't see the exceptionally clean, sparkling teeth I was sporting? I have excellent oral health care. Once I went to an ENT and he did check out my nose with an endoscope. Nothing abnormal was seen. He did not check out my throat, or believe it was necessary. Amazing the disrespect one gets when working with doctors that only care about a 4 day work week, 2 hour lunch breaks and clocking out at 5 p.m.
I've suffered bb for 15 years now, and it's interesting how it has evolved. Used to have a metallic/sour taste in my mouth, then the giant lump feeling in back of throat. It's like it is adapting to all my attempts to eradicate it. As of today, I brush, floss regularly. I rinse with a non alcoholic mouth wash. But within an hour, my mouth has a vinegary quality to it. I drink lots of water to moisten my mouth, but still have super thick saliva, kind of like egg white consistency. The alkaline water seemed to lessen that feeling, but I'm not sure it helped with the odor. I still think the problem is way back in my throat and despite my best efforts to keep my mouth clean, bacteria, yeast, whatever just keeps recolinizing my mouth, compounding the problem.
trouble,
I have also read that baking soda in water will make it more alkaline. It has an effect on my breath, I think a positive one, but not for long. Baking soda toothpaste makes my mouth feel really clean. I guess it all depends on which type of bb one has. I think I have the combo package. Originates deep in throat and also effects my mouth. I've had limited success with mouth odor, but without getting at the cause in the esophagus, the problem continues.
Alkaline water was what I was referring to, not alkaloid. Sorry. The tap water in my city is highly chlorinated. It isn't as bad as some places in the country. I'm in Portland, Oregon, U.S. Water can be made more alkaline with either tablets purchased at a store; it's relatively inexpensive. Or an expensive water ionizer can be used. Depending on personal preference, you can take the pH of your water higher. The water I drank was approximately a pH of 8.5. Beyond that, I'm not certain of it's exact chemical makeup.
Halitosisux,
I've never had any GI tests, or saliva tested for acidity. Right now, I'm not insured. But when I was, the doctors pretty much blew me off, jokingly asked if I'd ever heard of mouth wash; you know, the same old insulting attitude. Gee, like they couldn't see the exceptionally clean, sparkling teeth I was sporting? I have excellent oral health care. Once I went to an ENT and he did check out my nose with an endoscope. Nothing abnormal was seen. He did not check out my throat, or believe it was necessary. Amazing the disrespect one gets when working with doctors that only care about a 4 day work week, 2 hour lunch breaks and clocking out at 5 p.m.
I've suffered bb for 15 years now, and it's interesting how it has evolved. Used to have a metallic/sour taste in my mouth, then the giant lump feeling in back of throat. It's like it is adapting to all my attempts to eradicate it. As of today, I brush, floss regularly. I rinse with a non alcoholic mouth wash. But within an hour, my mouth has a vinegary quality to it. I drink lots of water to moisten my mouth, but still have super thick saliva, kind of like egg white consistency. The alkaline water seemed to lessen that feeling, but I'm not sure it helped with the odor. I still think the problem is way back in my throat and despite my best efforts to keep my mouth clean, bacteria, yeast, whatever just keeps recolinizing my mouth, compounding the problem.
trouble,
I have also read that baking soda in water will make it more alkaline. It has an effect on my breath, I think a positive one, but not for long. Baking soda toothpaste makes my mouth feel really clean. I guess it all depends on which type of bb one has. I think I have the combo package. Originates deep in throat and also effects my mouth. I've had limited success with mouth odor, but without getting at the cause in the esophagus, the problem continues.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi bunnie. Did you ever find out what the lump feeling in the back of your throat was all about? Does anyone reading this have any idea what this is?
I think I've read some posts on here where this lump in the throat feeling goes after scraping the tongue. If this is true then it has to be the thick coating on the back of the tongue, surely?
Bacteria and yeast colonise every mouth and throat. It's when this becomes excessive or out of balance or out of control that it becomes a problem.
Bunnie how do you know the cause is in your esophagus? A bacterial overactivity in your mouth and throat may be making it seem that way to you.
I think keeptrying also said he had the lump in throat feeling. If so then could it be relating to a yeast overgrowth? Did anyone who tried the fluconazole have this lump sensation prior?
I think I've read some posts on here where this lump in the throat feeling goes after scraping the tongue. If this is true then it has to be the thick coating on the back of the tongue, surely?
Bacteria and yeast colonise every mouth and throat. It's when this becomes excessive or out of balance or out of control that it becomes a problem.
Bunnie how do you know the cause is in your esophagus? A bacterial overactivity in your mouth and throat may be making it seem that way to you.
I think keeptrying also said he had the lump in throat feeling. If so then could it be relating to a yeast overgrowth? Did anyone who tried the fluconazole have this lump sensation prior?
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Hey Bunnie,bunniesluvme wrote:Used to have a metallic/sour taste in my mouth, then the giant lump feeling in back of throat. It's like it is adapting to all my attempts to eradicate it ... I still think the problem is way back in my throat and despite my best efforts to keep my mouth clean, bacteria, yeast, whatever just keeps recolinizing my mouth, compounding the problem.
Just wanted to pass along a thread that explained the lump in the throat feeling quite nicely. viewtopic.php?t=2549&highlight=lump+throat+feeling
-
bunniesluvme
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Hi halitosisux,
) It smells in the morning, but not with frequent gargles during the day. Even after flossing, brushing and gargling, very refreshing, and all seems well. Lump is gone. But within 20 minutes, lump or phlegm ball (more accurate description) is back. I just have super thick saliva, no matter how much water I drink, and it accumulates way in the back of throat, or lower in the esophageal tract.
Thanks, Keeptrying. The link to the thread you posted was very helpful.
Well, just an educated or uneducated guess, it feels like there is a lump, or ball of crap there. Often times in the morning I hack up a white looking saliva ball. (My cats look at me with total understandingBunnie how do you know the cause is in your esophagus? A bacterial overactivity in your mouth and throat may be making it seem that way to you.
Thanks, Keeptrying. The link to the thread you posted was very helpful.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.