THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

pH level

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
br
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 1:14 pm

pH level

Post by br »

Hi all
Can I please ask how I could get a pH level test for my saliva in the UK? I have tried asking at local chemists, but they do not have the testers. My dentist and doctor do not offer the test either.
Many Thanks
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hi br. I think you would be able to obtain a reliable enough reading using testing strips. These are just strips of paper that change colour relevant to the pH. Alternatively you could try what I used to find out mine. I used an aquarium pH testing kit. You will need to collect a sample of saliva into a test tube and then add a chemical and compare the colour it turns into to determine the pH. I think the strips might be more accurate than this because you need to collect quite a lot of saliva for the aquarium kit and the process of doing so might contaminate the sample, i.e contaminants on your lips etc.
User avatar
KeepTrying09
Sheriff
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by KeepTrying09 »

LOL, I have some of those pH testing strips in my drawer right now. I got them ages ago when I thought acidosis was causing my bb. Unfortunately I only got the strips and didn't get the color chart to see if my ph was in the correct range or not, so I never used them. LOL, I don't even know if they still work or not, I got them more than 2 years ago.

If you can't find the testing strips in the UK, i'd be more than happy to send you mine for free. But again, I have no idea if they work or not, and I'm pretty sure you could find them quicker in the UK. Hal is right, I believe you can even get them at a pet shop that sells fish stuff, cuz they use those strips to test the pH of an aquarium.

Good luck!
br
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by br »

halitosisux wrote:Hi br. I think you would be able to obtain a reliable enough reading using testing strips. These are just strips of paper that change colour relevant to the pH. .
Thanks, H. Its these damn strips I do not know where I can obtain in the UK. Do you or anyone else have any idea whereI can obtain them in the UK please?
Many Thanks
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I just tried a few searches, nothing comes up on the main highstreet store websites, how pathetic!
I found this though, just incase u start screaming with frustration lol..
http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/alkaline-products.htm
scroll down and there's a pack of 80.
KT, u sound like me, my bedroom was more like a doctors surgery lol
br
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi

Post by br »

Thanks KT and H.
Ash
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Ash »

You can buy universal indicator solution off ebay.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗