THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Laser tonsillectomy not a cure for halitosis for me
Laser tonsillectomy not a cure for halitosis for me
Hi everyone,
I have suffered from bad breath for past 8 years. I have chronic tonsils infection all these years and I have no doubt that these tonsils are the source of my bad breath.
After reading several articles on the internet about laser tonsillectomy curing bad breath, I finally gave it a shot spending $2000 in Dallas with Dr. Chuck Schwimmer. Its been 3 months since I preformed the procedure and hasn't cured my halitosis problem. In fact its the same as before. So, those of you who are trying to spend money on laser tonsillectomy give it a second thought.
I do believe tonsils are the main source of bad breath. I have chronic enlarged tonisls and my right tonsils is quite bigger than the left one. I think the only thing that is going to help me is real tonsillectomy which will remove the roots of tonsils.
So, those of you who are suffering from halitosis because of enlarge, chronic fetid, foul tonsils I suggest you guies to go for regular tonsilloctomy rather than laser because only regular procedure will remove the whole tonsillar tissue from the root that might be the source of foul breath.
I have suffered from bad breath for past 8 years. I have chronic tonsils infection all these years and I have no doubt that these tonsils are the source of my bad breath.
After reading several articles on the internet about laser tonsillectomy curing bad breath, I finally gave it a shot spending $2000 in Dallas with Dr. Chuck Schwimmer. Its been 3 months since I preformed the procedure and hasn't cured my halitosis problem. In fact its the same as before. So, those of you who are trying to spend money on laser tonsillectomy give it a second thought.
I do believe tonsils are the main source of bad breath. I have chronic enlarged tonisls and my right tonsils is quite bigger than the left one. I think the only thing that is going to help me is real tonsillectomy which will remove the roots of tonsils.
So, those of you who are suffering from halitosis because of enlarge, chronic fetid, foul tonsils I suggest you guies to go for regular tonsilloctomy rather than laser because only regular procedure will remove the whole tonsillar tissue from the root that might be the source of foul breath.
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Hey Ommang, sorry you had to spend so much money for nothing. That really sux. Anyway I had frequent tonsil problems while I was growing up too. Always getting tonsillitis or strep throat at least 2 or sometimes 3 times per year. Doc always gave me antibiotics but never wanted to take my tonsils out. Anyway, seems like your situation is a bit similar to mine, so you should check out Candida just as a possibility. Never hurts to check anyways....
By the way, I finally had my tonsils taken out the old school way with a scalpel. Didn't do anything for my bad breath. But yeah, everyone should explore that option for sure.
By the way, I finally had my tonsils taken out the old school way with a scalpel. Didn't do anything for my bad breath. But yeah, everyone should explore that option for sure.
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Re: Bad Breath and Halitosis
Jimi, if you're going to beg people to donate you money so you can afford food and thai hookers, the least you could do is moderate your forum. This person has been spamming for months now.mitc wrote:Thanks OralTech Labs
@Ommang333 & keepTrying09,
thank u both for this info! few questions: u both had tonsil stones?white smelly stones in tonsils?? and when u pressed with finger on the tonsil did the finger smell??
do u still have any tissue of the tonsils?-if u press massage the tonsils now does the finger smell??
-do u have psotnasal drip?
do u wake up with a "lump" in ure throat?
-were u checked for reflux?
and ...well huge favour if possible, could u post a picture of ure throat- tonsils area?? the inside of ure mouth?? please??
thank u!
thank u both for this info! few questions: u both had tonsil stones?white smelly stones in tonsils?? and when u pressed with finger on the tonsil did the finger smell??
do u still have any tissue of the tonsils?-if u press massage the tonsils now does the finger smell??
-do u have psotnasal drip?
do u wake up with a "lump" in ure throat?
-were u checked for reflux?
and ...well huge favour if possible, could u post a picture of ure throat- tonsils area?? the inside of ure mouth?? please??
thank u!
hi snow,
my tonsils were not white smelly tonsils. there are various kinds of tonsils and mine was very redish and i never had white spots or pus on the tonsils. my tongue was white coated. with me, i felt very sleepy from the tonsils and whenever i used to sleep let's say for just 4 or 5 hrs my breath used to smell horrible. if i slept well for 8 hrs, my breath seemed ok.
when i preformed laser tonsillectomy, i thought it would atleast reduce my tonils half in size, but my tonsils are the same in size now after three months.
i do have post nasal drip but i don't think it is a big problem for me.
my main problem with tonsils apart from it causing bad breath was that it affecting the quality of my sleep. my tonsils are very velnuerable to cold, spicy, foods. let's say if i drink very cold product today, then i have to sleep very long tomorrow in order to get full sleep.
so, i think i just need to take these foul smelling tonsils in hope to cure my bad breath. these tonsils are affecting the quality of my life and many doctors are unaware of this problem which is really sad. antibiotics and other drugs haven't provide relief to me.
my tonsils were not white smelly tonsils. there are various kinds of tonsils and mine was very redish and i never had white spots or pus on the tonsils. my tongue was white coated. with me, i felt very sleepy from the tonsils and whenever i used to sleep let's say for just 4 or 5 hrs my breath used to smell horrible. if i slept well for 8 hrs, my breath seemed ok.
when i preformed laser tonsillectomy, i thought it would atleast reduce my tonils half in size, but my tonsils are the same in size now after three months.
i do have post nasal drip but i don't think it is a big problem for me.
my main problem with tonsils apart from it causing bad breath was that it affecting the quality of my sleep. my tonsils are very velnuerable to cold, spicy, foods. let's say if i drink very cold product today, then i have to sleep very long tomorrow in order to get full sleep.
so, i think i just need to take these foul smelling tonsils in hope to cure my bad breath. these tonsils are affecting the quality of my life and many doctors are unaware of this problem which is really sad. antibiotics and other drugs haven't provide relief to me.
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Yeah I used to get tonsil stones back when I had my tonsils, and yes they smelled foul, but they weren't what was causing my bad breath. In fact almost everything you read about them will tell you that they aren't responsible for bad breath, so go figure.snow wrote:few questions: u both had tonsil stones?white smelly stones in tonsils?? and when u pressed with finger on the tonsil did the finger smell??
Don't have tonsils anymoresnow wrote:do u still have any tissue of the tonsils?-if u press massage the tonsils now does the finger smell??
Sometimes, if I eat a lot of dairy.snow wrote:-do u have psotnasal drip?
I was treated for reflux and had an esophagram. Swallowing function was normal. Lump in the throat feeling has been explained here, viewtopic.php?t=2549snow wrote:do u wake up with a "lump" in ure throat?
-were u checked for reflux?
LOL, I think i've posted enough pics of the inside of my throat. Check out these two threads:snow wrote:and ...well huge favour if possible, could u post a picture of ure throat- tonsils area?? the inside of ure mouth?? please??
viewtopic.php?t=2534
viewtopic.php?t=2750
If you have smelly tonsils then go for a tonsillectomy and not the laser treatment.
My ENT in the UK does not believe in laser treatment as it does not always solve the problem. He always recommends just cutting the whole thing out rather than trying to burn the tonsil flesh surface flat.
Recover and then go back for a tonsillectomy. My tonsillectomy got rid of approx 70% of my BB.
I still have BB but only a fews hours after brushing and after eating stuff. Before the tonsillectomy my BB was constant throughout the day.
My ENT in the UK does not believe in laser treatment as it does not always solve the problem. He always recommends just cutting the whole thing out rather than trying to burn the tonsil flesh surface flat.
Recover and then go back for a tonsillectomy. My tonsillectomy got rid of approx 70% of my BB.
I still have BB but only a fews hours after brushing and after eating stuff. Before the tonsillectomy my BB was constant throughout the day.
-
danielpower
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:51 pm
I am still fear of the side effect of green laser treatment.
First, to maintain oral hygiene is the key to removing bad breath. Brush your teeth after dinner every day, with the use of toothpicks, dental floss thoroughly clean the mouth, dentures to pay attention to cleaning teeth after a meal is a basic requirement. To the hospital every six months for oral health examination, dental scaling done, completely remove the tartar. Of the existing gum inflammation, periodontitis, periodontal abscess, the clinical symptoms of patients, to conduct systematic periodontal treatment, with the rapid development of technology, science and technology, 100mw green laser products to revolutionize the diagnosis and treatment of our progress, it by the laser energy can instantly kill periodontal pathogens at source, in addition to periodontal and up, and so that the treatment of periodontal disease into a new era.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.