So I just found out there is a pair of tonsils on the back of the tongue called lingual tonsils after doing some research on tonsillectomy. I thought there were only 3 all this time, but it's actually 5! doh! From what I've read, lingual tonsils are overlooked or ignored because they can't be seen from routine examination. Doctors need to stick a camera in your mouth/throat area to see it. Surgery to remove lingual tonsils are also difficult, which might explain why doctors don't perform the surgery more often.
So has anyone removed their lingual tonsils??? The other tonsils are called palatine tonsils (the ones you can see on the back left and right sides of the mouth) and adenoid (the one in the nasopharynx - back of the nose). For people who had a tonsillectomy, what tonsils did you remove??? Did you know about these lingual tonsils?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
lingual tonsils???
-
dravens
I found a good link http://www.doctorspiller.com/oral%20anatomy.htm#Tonsils
Last edited by dravens on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
dravens
Guys! you should really take a look at this board http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/2533/72
go throw it all and you will see many storys with experience about bb versus tonsil (stones).
also
http://health.yahoo.com/topic/parenting ... B5HHBLvs8F
go throw it all and you will see many storys with experience about bb versus tonsil (stones).
also
http://health.yahoo.com/topic/parenting ... B5HHBLvs8F
-
ihatebacteria123
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:18 am
Yes, that's the forum I went through and found out about lingual tonsils. Although there are many successful stories with tonsillectomies, I have some doubts it would cure me because I rarely have tonsil stones and also my tonsils are really small. The only symptoms I have is just bad taste in back of the throat and tongue and something being stuck at end of the throat. I also snore really loud so at least my snoring will go away if I do an operation.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.