Did anyone else have braces and/or a retainer when they were younger? A lot of people here have said that their BB began in their early teens. That is the time when many kids get braces, followed by a retainer for many years.
I remember my retainer used to get pretty gross sitting in the case when it wasn't being warn, and probably wasn't washed 100% before I wore it each time.
I wonder if leaving a foreign object in your mouth all night, with all of that metal and plastic and things that can grow on it while you aren't wearing it, can change the environment in your mouth.
Anyone else have braces or a retainer and notice that their BB began to occur after they got them?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Braces and Retainers
-
Natureisawhore
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm
I had bb before I got braces and I think it stayed the same while I had the braces on. I wasn't able to floss as much and sometimes I wouldn't really brush because I didn't see a point. Why brush if your still going to have bb all day. I still have to wear my retainer at night and it does get pretty gross if I don't wash it but again I don't think it's affecting my breath that much.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.