THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
This Cure works for me!!
Yes, after taking these medicines my post nasal drip is free. There can be different reasons for post nasal drip, the ENT specialist must exam patient and find the right meds. I eat everything including dairy products, wheat, alcohol.
The doctor said it could be: Pharyngitis chronica, Tonsilitis chronica. If you feel mucus in the throat, it is important to examine nose, throat and tonsils and have an x-ray scan of head to see possible mucus in sinuses, examine the blood (ASLO). Post nasal drip can also be caused by high acid levels in stomach (heartburn).
I read from different sources that halictosis is in 90% caused by problems in mouth, nose, throat , tonsils and sinuses and only in 10% cases by stomach or digestion problems. (and all the time i thought it was coming from stomach and having many different diets with no results)
The doctor said it could be: Pharyngitis chronica, Tonsilitis chronica. If you feel mucus in the throat, it is important to examine nose, throat and tonsils and have an x-ray scan of head to see possible mucus in sinuses, examine the blood (ASLO). Post nasal drip can also be caused by high acid levels in stomach (heartburn).
I read from different sources that halictosis is in 90% caused by problems in mouth, nose, throat , tonsils and sinuses and only in 10% cases by stomach or digestion problems. (and all the time i thought it was coming from stomach and having many different diets with no results)
-
stressedout
- Master
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm
Well i had my sinuses examined before, once for sinusitis - negative, and recently a doctor prescribed me a steroid spray - like i am going to do that to my body - NOT! I was able to decrease the amount of pnd only with diet modification. That same doctor swore i didnt have any acid when he examined, another doctor said i had lpr (which one would you trust?) caused my a loose esoph. tube and prescribed me another pill, i guess an acid blocker - I dont even feel any acid or heartburn, just a bit of throat clearing once in a while. Doctors are ready to prescribe any pill that is out there, and have you on it for good, I can't trust that.
Had a good day at the office today. Basically, I gave the area with the wisdom tooth a good, good scrub........... to the point that it hurt, but I didn't care.
Then I chewed some gum and basically used it to cover up the area where the tooth was.
I know it is not a permanent cure............... it will probably only last until the bacteria figure out what is happening and then come back with a vengance, but hey, any small victory is worth shouting about!!!!
We will see how it goes tomorrow.
Then I chewed some gum and basically used it to cover up the area where the tooth was.
I know it is not a permanent cure............... it will probably only last until the bacteria figure out what is happening and then come back with a vengance, but hey, any small victory is worth shouting about!!!!
We will see how it goes tomorrow.
-
Pleasehelpme
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:51 pm
-
WickedCurse
- Newbie
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm
Thank you guys for your info.
I'm going to have to try this Dr. Ellie's system.
Markus, how bad was the mucus in your throat? Most of the time, I feel like there's a semi-thick layer of mucus in the back of my throat. However, I'm almost certain I don't have any strong odors coming out of my nose when I breath out. Is it possible I have PND?
Also, there's another gum that has xylitol in it. I don't know the concentration of it, but it's made by Trident. It comes in a yellow little packaging with a picture of pomegranite and berries on the front. It's sugar free too.
I'm going to have to try this Dr. Ellie's system.
Markus, how bad was the mucus in your throat? Most of the time, I feel like there's a semi-thick layer of mucus in the back of my throat. However, I'm almost certain I don't have any strong odors coming out of my nose when I breath out. Is it possible I have PND?
Also, there's another gum that has xylitol in it. I don't know the concentration of it, but it's made by Trident. It comes in a yellow little packaging with a picture of pomegranite and berries on the front. It's sugar free too.
I could feel mucus in my throat every day but not all day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes evening. I had it there for many years but I never thought this can cause halictosis. I had a bad smell coming from my nose too but i could't smell it.
If you feel mucus in the throat, your diagnoses is probably POST NASAL DRIP, check on Wikipedia for more information. I forget to add i've tried also some antibiotics with no positive effect, but i think it is important to take them, it may help some people and also very important it to have allergy test.
If you feel mucus in the throat, your diagnoses is probably POST NASAL DRIP, check on Wikipedia for more information. I forget to add i've tried also some antibiotics with no positive effect, but i think it is important to take them, it may help some people and also very important it to have allergy test.
I haven't used a toothpick (doesnt that hurt?), but when I rub my finger where the wisdom tooth is, it has that bad smell.
Before I started the system, when I put saliva on my fingers, and then let it dry, it smelt really bad, but now it doesn't. I personally think the bad smelling bacteria in my mouth and on teeth have been eliminated, and at the moment the problem is isolated to this one area of my mouth (the wisdom tooth), and maybe the back of my throat/tongue.
Yesterday, I kept the gum in my mouth from morning till about 2 in the afternoon. Previously, if I chewed gum, the BB mixed in with the gum, and made people react even more harshly than they normally would, it's like it travelled farther with the gum (esp mint).
And anytime I ate anything, the smell would be magnified by 10 times mixed in with BB and make people react.
But now with the gum, the smell is not magnified as it used to be.
Wicked, I'll check to see what the concentration in Trident is of xylitol and let you know.
Before I started the system, when I put saliva on my fingers, and then let it dry, it smelt really bad, but now it doesn't. I personally think the bad smelling bacteria in my mouth and on teeth have been eliminated, and at the moment the problem is isolated to this one area of my mouth (the wisdom tooth), and maybe the back of my throat/tongue.
Yesterday, I kept the gum in my mouth from morning till about 2 in the afternoon. Previously, if I chewed gum, the BB mixed in with the gum, and made people react even more harshly than they normally would, it's like it travelled farther with the gum (esp mint).
And anytime I ate anything, the smell would be magnified by 10 times mixed in with BB and make people react.
But now with the gum, the smell is not magnified as it used to be.
Wicked, I'll check to see what the concentration in Trident is of xylitol and let you know.
-
stressedout
- Master
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm
Markus, I also thought that mucus in the throat was pnd, until i realized i had some digestive issues (low stomach acid, gas, burping). Maybe thats why people with LPR have pnd (it comes from the stomach). I also read that when someone lacks natural HCL, body starts overproducing mucus. When I changed the diet the mucus was drastically minimized, though the only thing that removes it completely is papaya enzymes (i use the now brand). So go figure. Then I came across this article
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bloating-Afte ... id=1979762
Makes sense! Candida disrupts the digestion, causes lack of stomach acid and enzymes, food gets rotten from being partly digested, not all nutrients are being absorbed. My nose has been clear for years, so why would I have the mucus in the throat? I have taken HCL for a while, but only last week I started papaya enzymes after meals, and that completely removed the mucus in throat. Anyone with the same history?
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bloating-Afte ... id=1979762
Makes sense! Candida disrupts the digestion, causes lack of stomach acid and enzymes, food gets rotten from being partly digested, not all nutrients are being absorbed. My nose has been clear for years, so why would I have the mucus in the throat? I have taken HCL for a while, but only last week I started papaya enzymes after meals, and that completely removed the mucus in throat. Anyone with the same history?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
@haligone, for a while before I had my wisdom tooth out, I tried to stop the buildup of skank and discharge around my wisdom tooth using my tongue and in a similar way that you describe using chewing gum. When I started doing this I noticed the odour on my tongue was dramatically reduced, along with an improvement to the taste in my mouth.
Just some info for you there.
Just some info for you there.
Hey Hal, sorry to see your BB has somewhat returned - couldn't you exaggerate a little & tell your dentist you are in excruciating pain & couldn't possibly wait another 2 years ?
My situation is going well - started on the system, Closys mouthwash & toothpaste (until crest arrives) & original listerine & an oral B fluoride rinse (until act arrives) followed by regular xylitol duing the day. I am also being fastidious about cleaning toothbrush & tongue brush every time. My teeth & gums feel so much cleaner, tongue coating reduced, breath is fresher & I am looking forward to tooth & gum repair. I still feel I need to do something after lunchtime (can feel the bad taste coming from back of throat) so I have a swish of Closys - even so this is the best it has been in years. Baz
My situation is going well - started on the system, Closys mouthwash & toothpaste (until crest arrives) & original listerine & an oral B fluoride rinse (until act arrives) followed by regular xylitol duing the day. I am also being fastidious about cleaning toothbrush & tongue brush every time. My teeth & gums feel so much cleaner, tongue coating reduced, breath is fresher & I am looking forward to tooth & gum repair. I still feel I need to do something after lunchtime (can feel the bad taste coming from back of throat) so I have a swish of Closys - even so this is the best it has been in years. Baz
Hey stressedout,
I've read the article you linked about candida, there is also a test there:
http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey
I've completed it and here are the results:
Unfortunately you have scored in the Worst Result Category Possible! Odds are you are suffering from quite a few significant symptoms. Your Total Score indicates that you have fallen in the category below.
Chronic Fungal Candida Infection!
This is quite a high score and the results suggest that you should seriously consider taking some action immediately to begin eliminating your overgrowth.
Your score is also high enough that we believe you absolutely need to begin a structured cleansing program in order to eliminate the cause of all your symptoms.
This site sells Candida Cure books, so it didn't convince me a lot. Yet the diet and treatment is no different than what people suggest here to prevent BB. Stay away from sugar, alcohol and yeast. Take a colon cleanse, use probiotics and natural anti-fungals. They all look doable.
I've read the article you linked about candida, there is also a test there:
http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey
I've completed it and here are the results:
Unfortunately you have scored in the Worst Result Category Possible! Odds are you are suffering from quite a few significant symptoms. Your Total Score indicates that you have fallen in the category below.
Chronic Fungal Candida Infection!
This is quite a high score and the results suggest that you should seriously consider taking some action immediately to begin eliminating your overgrowth.
Your score is also high enough that we believe you absolutely need to begin a structured cleansing program in order to eliminate the cause of all your symptoms.
This site sells Candida Cure books, so it didn't convince me a lot. Yet the diet and treatment is no different than what people suggest here to prevent BB. Stay away from sugar, alcohol and yeast. Take a colon cleanse, use probiotics and natural anti-fungals. They all look doable.
Update:
Ok, so now when I sit down and mind my own business with gum in my mouth, people do NOT react, which is an improvement as at first even with my mouth closed people still reacted.
When I open my mouth and start talking, people do not react at first, then after like the first half hour, you can tell that they are straining not to cover their noses, then they give up and the hand comes up.
My mouth tastes fine, and I cannot smell the BB myself which is also an improvement on before but I just cant figure out why people still cover their noses when I talk!!
THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!! FUR FOXS [sic]SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so now when I sit down and mind my own business with gum in my mouth, people do NOT react, which is an improvement as at first even with my mouth closed people still reacted.
When I open my mouth and start talking, people do not react at first, then after like the first half hour, you can tell that they are straining not to cover their noses, then they give up and the hand comes up.
My mouth tastes fine, and I cannot smell the BB myself which is also an improvement on before but I just cant figure out why people still cover their noses when I talk!!
THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!! FUR FOXS [sic]SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm considering trying Dr Ellie's 'system'. Has anybody else had good results from this? I'm currently brushing my tongue and teeth with xylitol, but this doesn't really do much.
Is it worth forking out for all these mouthwashes? I thought I was past trying this sort of stuff to be honest, particularly things like listerine, but if using all of these products at once seems to improve things, I'd be willing to try it
Is it worth forking out for all these mouthwashes? I thought I was past trying this sort of stuff to be honest, particularly things like listerine, but if using all of these products at once seems to improve things, I'd be willing to try it
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.