Your Email Address:

First Name:

Size of tongue.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
OneDay111
Sheriff

Size of tongue.

Post by OneDay111 »

I dont know about you but I have a massive massive toungue. I could potentially pick my nose with my tounge if I tried.

Well larger tounge = larger surface area for bacteria.

I dont know wether there is a correlation between bad breath and toungue size.

Is your toungue big?

One Day One Day....
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

Just for your survey. entry number 1
height 6'2
is my tongue big=no
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I was thknking this the other day. MInes is very large and fat and thibck
Garnesh32
Total Newbie

Post by Garnesh32 »

small tongue. bumps at back and bright white
brightonguy
Advanced

Re: Size of tongue.

Post by brightonguy »

OneDay111 wrote: I dont know wether there is a correlation between bad breath and toungue size.
.... this seems rationale.... yeah my tongue's big. I reckon the geography of your tongue is just as (if not more) important e.g. is it grooved etc.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

regardless of tongue size...i didn't ALWAYS have bb......so does tongue size have anything to do with it?
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

hopelessone wrote:regardless of tongue size...i didn't ALWAYS have bb......so does tongue size have anything to do with it?
Possibly, yes. The size of your tongue won't necessarily *cause* your BB but once you've got it it could be worse bcause of your bigger tongue and the ensuant larger surface area... just like your tonsils can be smellier if they're larger and more cryptic.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't buy it..

Sure, a larger tongue equals more surface area, more tongue hairs, etc...

But let me draw a comparison.. Would you expect someone with a larger body frame to stink simply because he has bigger armpits than someone else? Yeah, maybe his pits could be home to more bacteria, but what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

mike987 wrote:I don't buy it..

Sure, a larger tongue equals more surface area, more tongue hairs, etc...

But let me draw a comparison.. Would you expect someone with a larger body frame to stink simply because he has bigger armpits than someone else? Yeah, maybe his pits could be home to more bacteria, but what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
Yeh me neither, Im just throwing an idea out there.
One Day One Day....
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Your efforts are appreciated. The cause, whatever it may be for each of us, is probably about as simple as the thought you proposed.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

mike987 wrote:what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
50% more smell!!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes but if the million bacteria arent producing much smell, then the extra smell from the half million is still going to equate to not much smell.

I really dont think tongue size has anything to do with it. But geographical characteristics between different tongues may do, such as the difference in total anaerobic area from one person to another relating to the area where anaerobic bacteria can hide between the tongue papillae.

I dont know if tongue dorsum area exposed to PND/throat mucus could be a factor, such as where the part where the roof of the mouth/uvula ends up covering the tongue at the back. Could try purposely holding your tongues further forward in your mouth for a few hours to see if there's any difference compared to if you dont.
JoseJavier
Total Newbie

Post by JoseJavier »

"Geographic tongue simply means a tongue that has lots of grooves and fissures in it. These grooves and fissures make an excellent breeding ground for the anaerobic bacteria that cause bad breath and a white tongue."

This is more important factor than actual size of the tongue i think
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Still, I think tongue size is negligible as far as chronic BB goes. Even recurring mild BB I highly doubt would be caused by tongue size.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic