THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

A bit of help.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

A bit of help.

Post by OneDay111 »

I have a tooth at the back, some of you may know.

It's not a wisdom tooth, mine are not out yet. It's the back molar. I have almost a fine cavity across the gumline, under the tooth. I recently had this filled heavily, however abit fell off. I went to the dentist they claimed that it was fine. I'm going for the second time, however I want to avoid the root canal treatment, which was being considered before.

I have heard that root canal causes bad breath. I have booked another appointment and hopefully They can fill it up.

I'm just wondering is this a cavity or something worse, it isnt as super sensetive as I thought. Considering how close it is to the gumline.

Also is smells bad when I shove my tounge into it, not my finger, but only usely near the end of the day.
One Day One Day....
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

If I were in your position, I'd have the tooth filled normally again. If the BB goes away, as it should if the tooth is responsible, then you know where your BB is coming from and can decide to either leave it with the filling
for as long as your BB doesnt return, or have the tooth extracted.
User avatar
OneDay111
Sheriff
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by OneDay111 »

Ok so tooth extraction> root canal.

So I can get an artificial tooth or something like that? Will that be a better option in the absolute worst case scenario, than root canal.
One Day One Day....
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Focus on dealing with that cavity for now to see what happens with your BB.
If it works then you and your dentist can decide what to do as a more permanent solution.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗