THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Neti Pot
Hi BBsucks,
I use ¼ teaspoon of table salt & ¼ teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in 1 liter of warm water, described in an earlier post seenhere.
Using salt and baking soda in the solution, prevents mucus membranes from stinging, versus using plain water.
I use ¼ teaspoon of table salt & ¼ teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in 1 liter of warm water, described in an earlier post seenhere.
Using salt and baking soda in the solution, prevents mucus membranes from stinging, versus using plain water.
Hi searching, is this method still working for you? I just read the thread in the link you posted above and there is a lot of good info on there.
BBsucks,I checked on amazon and was able to get some 'neti salt'...... apparently it's himalayan salt which is said to be the best salt in the whole wide world!! I bet it is just overpriced for nothing and there would be much cheaper alternatives, but just in case you find nothing at all, just search 'neti salt' in amazon.
BBsucks,I checked on amazon and was able to get some 'neti salt'...... apparently it's himalayan salt which is said to be the best salt in the whole wide world!! I bet it is just overpriced for nothing and there would be much cheaper alternatives, but just in case you find nothing at all, just search 'neti salt' in amazon.
Haligone,
I occasionally use nasal irrigation, i.e. several times per month, and it works well to thin the PND.
I now, however, use oral irrigation each morning with dilute hydrogen peroxide, details here; and have done so for more than a year. This works very well for me. Brushing, alone, does not provide sufficient cleaning in my case, no matter how attentive I am.
I occasionally use nasal irrigation, i.e. several times per month, and it works well to thin the PND.
I now, however, use oral irrigation each morning with dilute hydrogen peroxide, details here; and have done so for more than a year. This works very well for me. Brushing, alone, does not provide sufficient cleaning in my case, no matter how attentive I am.
I've just gone out and bought a waterpik and some HP.
Searching, is the waterpik method still keeping you BB free, and how long have you been on it?
I don't expect it to work 100% for me as I have an impacted wisdom tooth which I need to extract. I also have a broken filling that my dentist wanted to do a root canal on, however I have convinced him to extract it. Going for that in about 3 weeks time
Searching, is the waterpik method still keeping you BB free, and how long have you been on it?
I don't expect it to work 100% for me as I have an impacted wisdom tooth which I need to extract. I also have a broken filling that my dentist wanted to do a root canal on, however I have convinced him to extract it. Going for that in about 3 weeks time
Last edited by Haligone on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haligone,
I've been using oral irrigation with dilute hydrogen peroxide, once daily, since Feb 2009. Yes, it is keeping me bb free.
I notice that when I perform the irrigation, after tooth brushing and rinsing, that the solution which first exits my mouth is cloudy. Then the exiting solution clears after all surfaces have been irrigated - indicating that microorganisms that persist in my mouth after brushing, are being dislodged and flushed by the subsequent irrigation. So I begin the day with fewer repopulating microorganisms versus brushing alone, i.e. going without irrigating.
I've been using oral irrigation with dilute hydrogen peroxide, once daily, since Feb 2009. Yes, it is keeping me bb free.
I notice that when I perform the irrigation, after tooth brushing and rinsing, that the solution which first exits my mouth is cloudy. Then the exiting solution clears after all surfaces have been irrigated - indicating that microorganisms that persist in my mouth after brushing, are being dislodged and flushed by the subsequent irrigation. So I begin the day with fewer repopulating microorganisms versus brushing alone, i.e. going without irrigating.
Hi Searching, I have been reading about Hydropgen Peroxide and would like to try it. Is it dafe and do you know where I can gte it in the UK? I've seen this on a Chemist on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Care-Hydrogen-Per ... 20b05ba03c
Would that be okay for oral irrigation?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Care-Hydrogen-Per ... 20b05ba03c
Would that be okay for oral irrigation?
Lisa,
Yep, it is quite cheap when you consider mouthwash!!
To be honest, I have not been strict with the measurements I have been using, I just tend to mix it to a reasonable level, however searching put in his post (linked above) that he uses 'a solution composed of 500 milliliters of warm water mixed with 50 milliliters of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide'.
Where did you get the 3 parts to one from? was this off the bottle? if so, I would probably go with that, or ask someone else for an opinion.
Yep, it is quite cheap when you consider mouthwash!!
To be honest, I have not been strict with the measurements I have been using, I just tend to mix it to a reasonable level, however searching put in his post (linked above) that he uses 'a solution composed of 500 milliliters of warm water mixed with 50 milliliters of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide'.
Where did you get the 3 parts to one from? was this off the bottle? if so, I would probably go with that, or ask someone else for an opinion.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.