THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How did you tell your family/friends etc. about your BB?
How did you tell your family/friends etc. about your BB?
I would LOVE to hear stories on how you brought up the topic of your BB to loved ones. I have been with my husband a total of 10 years (married 4 years) and I have NEVER said a word about how this affects me. I literally cannot bring myself to say ANYTHING.
Also I'd like to say something to good friends but don't want to sound like an ass. I mean who is going to believe that I'm trying EVERYTHING but really it is not curable at this moment? To them they probably just think I should brush more.
I know that if I can bring myself to tell loved ones, I will feel so much better.
Also I'd like to say something to good friends but don't want to sound like an ass. I mean who is going to believe that I'm trying EVERYTHING but really it is not curable at this moment? To them they probably just think I should brush more.
I know that if I can bring myself to tell loved ones, I will feel so much better.
-
thomasthomas
- Junior
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
I have lived with bb on and off (mostly on) for 20 years now. My husband still doesn't believe I have bb - luckily he doesn't smell it. I told my friends separately at different times. The easiest way is to just say that you have a nasal problem or digestive problem that is giving you horrible breath. Just mention that you are going to see a doctor or you have an appt. (even if you don't), and they usually will ask why. Then, go into the explanation. One of my friends once said that her husband says she has bad breath, and then we compared notes. It was great. Some friends say they have smelled nothing, some just stay quite and smile as if they have smelled it. It is so great to have them know that I know, because I feel like they are more sensitive and caring about it and less judgmental. Also, they are less inclined to offer mints and gum to me. I hate that!
TIRED:
Thanks for your advice. I sooo want to tell people because this is seriously just killing me slowly. I just have to get up the guts to start the conversation. And my husband must know all about my BB but for some reason it just doesn't bother him. He doesn't act embarrassed of me or for me and doesn't usually make comments (although he has made mention that he thinks our son pooped his pants, but it is rare).
Thanks for your advice. I sooo want to tell people because this is seriously just killing me slowly. I just have to get up the guts to start the conversation. And my husband must know all about my BB but for some reason it just doesn't bother him. He doesn't act embarrassed of me or for me and doesn't usually make comments (although he has made mention that he thinks our son pooped his pants, but it is rare).
I also think it is better to tell someone....... you will be lucky if you get someone who actually admits or agrees with you.
I have told my wife, my sister, brother-in -law, and 2 great friends and they all say I do not have BB. Yet when I was at work today, the girl I was working with was pulling her hair round her nose as a shield to use against my BB!!
If you get someone who agrees with you, then you can ask objectively for their help in diagnosing the problem, and letting you know when it gets bad.
I have told my wife, my sister, brother-in -law, and 2 great friends and they all say I do not have BB. Yet when I was at work today, the girl I was working with was pulling her hair round her nose as a shield to use against my BB!!
If you get someone who agrees with you, then you can ask objectively for their help in diagnosing the problem, and letting you know when it gets bad.
-
stressedout
- Master
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm
About 2 years ago, my mother told me all the time why I don't go to parties, why I spend all day at the computer, if I'm going to stay all day here, then I should clean the house, etc.
Well, one day I couldn't take it any more and I told my mother all the pain that I had to pass every day and that was the reason I didn't go out. Since that day, my mom had a sad face.
I regret having said that.
Well, one day I couldn't take it any more and I told my mother all the pain that I had to pass every day and that was the reason I didn't go out. Since that day, my mom had a sad face.
I regret having said that.
No, if I had cancer, I wouldn't tell my mother, I would combat that alone.thomasthomas wrote:dark: I wonder something; with that sort of logic, would you tell your family you have a cancer if you had one?
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
Hopeless - how did you tell them? My husband no longer is very sympathetic because he truly cannot smell it. My mom doesn't smell it and is pretty done with me too. But, I know I still have it. Students that I work with constantly say things. I have developed tough skin though over the years. It's a lonely disease. Thank goodness for this forum!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.