THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Anyone ever been tested for TMAU?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
m_s
Total Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:42 am

Anyone ever been tested for TMAU?

Post by m_s »

I was tested for TMAU through the Monell Center.

The test was about $275 plus $75 test kit and the cost of shipping supplies ( dry ice, Styrofoam, overnight shipping)

The night before the test I took a large about of powdered choline that was supplied with the testing kiit.

I captured all of my urine in a jug for the next 2 days, froze it and packed it in dry ice and shipped it.

I got the results back in 4 weeks. I was negative.

Even though I was negative, the money I spent was worth it. Now I don't have to think twice about having meat or soy or any of the other desirable yet high in choline foods.

One less thing to worry about but my quest to find a cure still continues....
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Well done for ruling this out.
danger
Master
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by danger »

looking back i think somebody i used to work with had TMAU. he used to smell like rotten garbabe every day. it was always the same type of smell too. he got called into the office one day and got told to go home because of his smell

everyone, including me, used to just think he was unhygienic, but surely even some days he would have a shower or something before work and not smell for at least one day, but i can honestly say that he stunk every single shift
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗