i had an infected tooth removed last week, and I also had my last wisdom tooth (bottom right) removed 3 days ago. I noticed the taste in my mouth improved 100%, but I also noticed that my throat is starting to smell, whereas this was a rare occasion before? I know my mouth will smell during the healing process, but I also noticed I am emitting a nasal odour because people are reacting without me speaking. This has never happened before. I am wondering that perhaps the infection drained to my throat? As well, if my extractions are healing, then wouldn't only the sites smell, and not my throat? When I touch the gums of the extraction it has no scent, but when I touch my throat it has a horrible tonsil-stone type of smell I only ocassionally had in the past.
I have been on antibiotics since yesterday, but it hasn't helped with the throat smell, only the swelling of the wisdom tooth removal. Also, judging by reactions, I'm assuming this smell is much worse than it usually is. A day after my wisdom tooth removal my father said that he did not smell my breath at all. But the second day in, it was very much noticeable, as well, my tonsils looked a little swollen and my throat hurts slightly at times, in small spurts, but not enough to be a sore throat.
Thanks!
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Moved to throat/nose?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
You have to give it a while until things heal. Things are still being released into your mouth that increase the amount of bacterial activity (blood and white blood cells and other immune factors).
You may have had existing infections as a result of these teeth being in place, which also need to heal.
You may have had existing infections as a result of these teeth being in place, which also need to heal.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.