THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

NERVOUS!! I'm actually going to an MD for my BB!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBsucks
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 am

NERVOUS!! I'm actually going to an MD for my BB!

Post by BBsucks »

Today in about 4 hours I have an MD appointment and it will be the very first time I have spoken with a doctor about this (I have mentioned it to my dentist who assured me there is no cure & that I need to bring gum everywhere...um OK). I'm so nervous I'm shaking. Anybody have any advice for me? I'm not even sure how I'll bring up the topic. Other than my dentist I have NEVER EVER EVER spoken about this to anyone.
danger
Master
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by danger »

i have been to 2 doctors about this and just came out with it without thinking. the first doctor was a complete cunt. he gave me a leaflet about bad breath(all the stuff which i read on the internet numerous times) and told me to try mouthwash. i went back to see another doctor a week or 2 later and he was a bit better, he at least listened to me and tried his best to look like he had a clue, but he didnt have a clue either. although that 2nd doctor told me after i brought up bad breath that he was sure it was not because of gum disease, how he knew it wasnt without even looking in my mouth i dont know

looking back i wish i had not bothered. i have a couple of other unrelated things that i need advice from a doctor about but i dont really want to go because they will have all this on computer about me going to see them about bad breath
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

I went to see a doctor about my bad breath many years ago. He said I don't have bad breath, despite the fact that everyone besides him could smell it. No help at all.
Doctors don't have a clue about this. The easiest thing for them to do is to simply tell you that you don't have bad breath to get you out of the office as quckly as possible. They don't want to waste their time with you, because they're just smart enough to know that they don't know anything. Sad but true.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
bbuk
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am

Post by bbuk »

My doctor was the same.

He however became more helpful as soon as I told him that my condition could cause me to lose my job.

If your job is likely to be affected, doctors have a duty to take things more seriously.

Its like glamour models requesting bigger boob jobs. Doctors take it seriously if it affects their patients occupation.

Always be proactive albeit not too aggressive. To the original poster, you should never be embarrassed or scared to tell your doctor anything.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗