THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
My diagnosis, PND
There are many people believing in alternative treatments. Candida is a popular cause for a variety of symptoms. 75% of all people have candida inside their bowels. There was a run on Lyme disease from ticks before candida came up. There is allways something obscure or hidden like mercury, candida, radiation ... Please provide some facts.
Show us the studies that support homeopathy, candida treatment and all that. It's simply not serious IMO. If it was there were studies and the insurance companies would compensate alternative treatments.
PND results from sinusitis, LPR/GERD, Allergies and a deviated septum.
Show us the studies that support homeopathy, candida treatment and all that. It's simply not serious IMO. If it was there were studies and the insurance companies would compensate alternative treatments.
PND results from sinusitis, LPR/GERD, Allergies and a deviated septum.
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Can you upload a picture of your scan? Erase your name on the picture.
I made the experience that doctors don't tell you that it is bad, even if they know. It's not on purpose, they simply don't think your complications to be too bad. Even a slight sinusitis can cause PND.
Example: The first ENT I went to, told me to do a regular X-Ray and told me that I'm fine and that I don't have BB. Then I saw his diagnosis (here in Germany they have "ICD" codes for each illness for the health insurances) on the bill to my insurance: Sinusitis maxillaris and ethmoidales. This is a f*#king cause for PND and BB I thought. What a bastard.
Still you could have reflux. I don't know how this affects the sinuses and is seen on a CT. Get yourself a gastrocopy or try with anti-acids first. If it's from the sinuses there should be a mucus moving down your throat, the ENT should see.[/code]
I made the experience that doctors don't tell you that it is bad, even if they know. It's not on purpose, they simply don't think your complications to be too bad. Even a slight sinusitis can cause PND.
Example: The first ENT I went to, told me to do a regular X-Ray and told me that I'm fine and that I don't have BB. Then I saw his diagnosis (here in Germany they have "ICD" codes for each illness for the health insurances) on the bill to my insurance: Sinusitis maxillaris and ethmoidales. This is a f*#king cause for PND and BB I thought. What a bastard.
Still you could have reflux. I don't know how this affects the sinuses and is seen on a CT. Get yourself a gastrocopy or try with anti-acids first. If it's from the sinuses there should be a mucus moving down your throat, the ENT should see.[/code]
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
2 years ago when I became roomfiller, I take a sinus computed tomography (CT scan), was an old scanner, but the report said: "right slight frontal and ethmoid sinusitis" To be sure, I took 2 weeks after that another sinus CT with the best machine in my country (64 multi-sliced CT), the resolution was much better and the report was the same (right slight frontal and ethmoid sinusitis). I went to the ENT for an endoscopy and see what happens, but he said that a slight sinusitis doesn´t need a endoscopy.
George80, MissPretty:
Can you upload a picture of your scan?
George80, MissPretty:
Can you upload a picture of your scan?
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
I have not brought home the paper yet so I have not been able to upload it. My doctor said my CT scan showed that I had swollen sinuses, but it was not dangerous. He did not write out any medication for this. Do you think my swollen sinuses can cause my bad breath. I have read that there apparently will be common.
-
chubbygirl
- Junior
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am
aydinmur wrote:Concha bullosa is a reason of Type 2 halitosis. These are some small pneumatized spaces in nasal concha. They are filled by serum. Anaerobic bacteria silently invade them. Generally they have no symptom (pain, pus, or congestion). For this reason neither radiologists specify them in their reports nor ENT specialists attempt to cure them.
How do you cure concha bullosa???
You complained about PND didn't you? Well, PND may cause bad breath, and PND can be a result of swollen sinuses.Do you think my swollen sinuses can cause my bad breath.
In my case: I have not had a cold or something in the last 2 years, I don't have any sinusitis symptoms except PND. All doctors told me: You have swollen turbinates, a narrowed infundibulum and a slighlty deviated septum. And they all told me that it's a minor thing in my case. With no medical need for treatment.
If they say it's minor, it can still cause PND and BB.
Finding out about all of this took me about 3 years, so don't give up, it takes some time.
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Etmoidalceller on the left side is at times tense, mainly rear ethmoidalia within one centimeter wide area. Hypoplastic left forehead burrow. The other sinuses are normally air live. No fluid levels.MissPretty wrote:I got my CT scan today as I asked my doctor for. It says in my language but I have translated it into english. What do you think it means except that my sinuses are swollen... ?
Upload a picture (erase your name on it). ENTs are confronted with patients that have real headaches and heavy cold symptoms due to sinusitis. What I want to say: They might say it's minor, but it's still a chance it causes PND. Same for me: "You don't need a treatment, but you could have one."
If your sinuses are clear, check your stomache.
If your sinuses are clear, check your stomache.
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
George80; the paper that I got from my doctor (CT scan) was just a lot of text, there was no picture. I'll upload it anyway? I do not know what I am at now, going crazy. Read a bit about Rinexin on the Internet. Do you think I should ask my doctor to get it printed. supposed to be good against sinusitus (though I only had swollen sinuses) I have already made an endoscopy. It turned out that I had h pylori, which I received antibiotics. What do you want me to do now?
No, the CT scan, not the diagnosis. You don't have to post it here, but get your CT scan and check it yourself if you want, although e.g. aydinmur knows well how to read it.
Look at your scan an then google this: "how to read a sinus ct scan". Then check a few links and try to understand it.
We're trying to find out, what your ENT maybe has not realized.
Look at your scan an then google this: "how to read a sinus ct scan". Then check a few links and try to understand it.
We're trying to find out, what your ENT maybe has not realized.
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.