THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Newbie

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Newbie

Post by sdobrev »

Hey Everyone, Ive been suffering from this ailment since I was 13. Found this site a couple months ago and I already love you all. I do believe that there is a cure. Im gonna put together a questionnaire type thing so you all know.

Current age: 21

Tests done: blood work like CBC, liver enzymes, glucose were all normal

Specialists seen: none except twice a year dental exam. Always perfect and clean but I never asked about this bb issue.

What have you tried that did not work for you:
-coconut oil
-amoxicillin (taken for 1 day only but made it worse so stopped)
-methicillin (taken for a couple days)
-therabreath (total scam)
-apple cider vinegar
-allergy meds make it worse cause my mouth gets too dry

What have you tried that shows improvement:
-baking soda helps 30%
-hydrogen peroxide to clean my toothbrush after each use
-tongue cleaner
-peptobismol (so far used for 3 days straight) helps 30%

Have you tried metronidazole: no

Food intolerances:
-lactose intolerance but I can handle a little milk or ice cream
-whole wheat or anything wheat gives me flatulence

Post Nasal Drip: mild but its there everyday, more in the morning and if I ate any wheat. Feels thick when i swallow it but its not enough that I can kinda cough it out. But I get sore throats a lot
No tonsil stones

I cant think of anything else to answer.
My breath isnt super horrible like Ive read for others. It is only occasionally fecal smelling but usually it just has a weird old people kinda stale, musty smell like morning breath or something. I think i may have either H.pylori because my stomach is so sensitive to things I eat or a sinus infection cause of the pnd and sore throat.

Im plannng on going to my doc in a week or two when I get a chance. I will try to contribute here more often.
love you guys!
User avatar
compor
Advanced
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm
Gender:

Post by compor »

Hello sdobrev,

When you start taking antibiotics, you must keep taking them at least for a week and regularly. As you know, antibiotics attack bacteria. When you stop taking the pills, the surviving bacteria produces a resistance gene for that attack. As the bacteria grows (reproduces itself), that gene passes on to next generations, which means you will have antibiotic-resistant-strain of that bacteria. Of course this is valid only for that specific antibiotic but still it's serious business. In the future, you might need those antibiotics to recover from a serious disease. It will be very unpleasant if they don't work just cause you gave them a try for a few days.

As for my experience with amoxicillin and metronidazole: I've tried them both, on separate times. Yes they both work. I was completely bb free as long as I took the meds. Even after eating meat or dairy products. The downside is, it's only temporary. Sad but true, bb will come back right after you stop taking antibiotics.

I've been trying baking soda for a few weeks. It cleans up the coating on the tongue and mucus in throat, but I think it has some side effects. I am having sore throat, and it feels like my gustatory senses are weakening.
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Post by sdobrev »

hey campor, thanks for the reply.
Metronidazole seems to be the best temporary/permanent solution to our problem. I read on another forum some ppl who've had h.pylori which caused their bb. One guy took the course of antibiotics containing metronidazole and he was bb free for 5 yrs but it returned after. So he took another course of metronidazole and was bb free again. Others in this forum like yourself have taken it and had shorter relief.

H.pylori has a high rate of recurrence and I think there may be a correlation between how long we take the antibiotic to its rate of recurrence. How long were you on metronidazole?

Ive tried amoxicillin and methicillin when I had my wisdom teeth taken out bc they were impacted. My bb didnt improve or worsen. Just stayed the same.

I think I may have h.pylori bc Ive always had issues with my digestive system. Ive found relief for both my bb and digestive system in peptobismol tablets which Ive read is effective against h.pylori. So thats what Im going on right now. Have you heard of the prevpak and pylera? Im thinking pylera might be the key for me.

As far as coating, my tongue is kinda white in the morning but afterwards its a healthy pink with little coating. My bf always has the best breath no matter what. No morning breath, no nothing. But ive seen him with a nasty white coating on his tongue after eating before.
User avatar
compor
Advanced
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm
Gender:

Post by compor »

Hello again,

I've had H.pylori till last December when I used amoxicillin and some other drugs. Since then, I'm free of H.pylori.

I tried Metronidazole just to test if it will work on my bb, for 10 days. It should be wiser to talk to a G.I. doc and learn how to improve bacterial flora in the intestines and work on that before taking antibiotics perhaps.

Sdobrev, you should see a doctor and get tested for H.pylori and other stuff before taking any medication. Nope, never heard of prevpak or pylera.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗