THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
gallbladder and halitosis- this may be IT
gallbladder and halitosis- this may be IT
I have had extreme pain in my upper abdomen the past 2 nights and just have not been feeling right for 2 weeks.
I went to my dr. this a.m. and she believes I have gallstones- having an ultrasound on Monday morning. I will possibly have it removed if this is my issue.
Just googled bad breath and gallbladder and its VERY related.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/559 ... sease.html
If you haven't already had some of the symptoms other than bad breath, get checked. I will keep you all posted.
Mindy
Any insight/thoughts are always welcome.
I went to my dr. this a.m. and she believes I have gallstones- having an ultrasound on Monday morning. I will possibly have it removed if this is my issue.
Just googled bad breath and gallbladder and its VERY related.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/559 ... sease.html
If you haven't already had some of the symptoms other than bad breath, get checked. I will keep you all posted.
Mindy
Any insight/thoughts are always welcome.
Well, my shit is almost always that clay color, and is rarely, if ever, solid..
I don't know if that's because I'm always a nervous wreck from my BB or if there's actually something wrong with my digestive tract.... But I don't suffer from some of those other symptoms, so I'm guessing this isn't the source of my problem.
But I hope this is your problem and that you can solve it soon!
I don't know if that's because I'm always a nervous wreck from my BB or if there's actually something wrong with my digestive tract.... But I don't suffer from some of those other symptoms, so I'm guessing this isn't the source of my problem.
But I hope this is your problem and that you can solve it soon!
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
No gallstones in my gallbladder on the ultrasound, but ultrasounds don't show much.
Now I am going in for a HIDA scan to see if my gallbladder is functioning properly.
If this is not the problem for my chest pain and or BB, then at least I can cross it off my list.
Stomach is fine, had upper GI.
Liver and Kidney function are next....
From what I read, you can have NO symptoms and have a poorly functioning gallbladder. Bile gets backed up which ties into having bad breath. I will continue to keep you posted on this, I'm having the HIDA scan next Wed.
Now I am going in for a HIDA scan to see if my gallbladder is functioning properly.
If this is not the problem for my chest pain and or BB, then at least I can cross it off my list.
Stomach is fine, had upper GI.
Liver and Kidney function are next....
From what I read, you can have NO symptoms and have a poorly functioning gallbladder. Bile gets backed up which ties into having bad breath. I will continue to keep you posted on this, I'm having the HIDA scan next Wed.
What do you suggest I do for this? I've had this problem for a few years now.... There seem to be so many things wrong with me that coincide with or could be the cause of my BB.. why oh why?Phantasist wrote:Mike987,
The problem in your digestive tract (intestinal overgrowth of the wrong kind of bacteria) is the cause of your bad breath.
I might have a monster mix of BB from all of these problems. What are the odds someone has PND, AND Tonsil Stones (got rid of those), AND Digestive Tract problem Bad Breath .... I had been thinking about it,but maybe it's time I went that course...
So yes, my shit is never solid, I get gassy when I get hungry, and when I wake up in the morning my stomach hurts. This could be related more so than my PND?
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Mike987,
From what your describe, there are two likely causes of your breath problem:
One could be the post nasal drip which is obviously food for the anaerobic bacteria on the back of your tongue. This could be due to allergies or a sinus infection. But if you had an actual sinus infection, you would most likely have other symptoms such as sinus headaches. You would need an ENT doctor to determine that, but be careful because many of them are charlatans who just feed you antihistamines.
The other possible problem could be in your intestines. There is such a thing as small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. But you could also have problems in your colon. The fact that you have some distress in that area is a clue that something is wrong. Bad bacteria in the intestines can be diminished by the antibiotic Xifaxan 550 mg (Rifaximin). Probiotics can also help. Needless to say, you would need a good gastroenterologist to diagnose the problem.
It is also noteworthy that a number of people have mentioned problems in their sinuses and their intestines. I don't think it's a coincidence. Both the sinuses and the intestines are lined with mucous membrane. And mucous membrane is very sensitive to things that can do it harm.
From what your describe, there are two likely causes of your breath problem:
One could be the post nasal drip which is obviously food for the anaerobic bacteria on the back of your tongue. This could be due to allergies or a sinus infection. But if you had an actual sinus infection, you would most likely have other symptoms such as sinus headaches. You would need an ENT doctor to determine that, but be careful because many of them are charlatans who just feed you antihistamines.
The other possible problem could be in your intestines. There is such a thing as small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. But you could also have problems in your colon. The fact that you have some distress in that area is a clue that something is wrong. Bad bacteria in the intestines can be diminished by the antibiotic Xifaxan 550 mg (Rifaximin). Probiotics can also help. Needless to say, you would need a good gastroenterologist to diagnose the problem.
It is also noteworthy that a number of people have mentioned problems in their sinuses and their intestines. I don't think it's a coincidence. Both the sinuses and the intestines are lined with mucous membrane. And mucous membrane is very sensitive to things that can do it harm.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
It has to be in my intestines.. I'm pretty sure of it now, but I don't know what to do.
I know this might sound a little crazy, but the backdraft I get when I'm close to people smells like whatever my shit happens to smell like that day. I've been at work, smelled these fleeting half second whiffs of what seems to be an awful fart, but they never linger like one... Then I'll go home, take a crap, and it's the exact same smell. It's horrifying to think that everytime I speak people can smell diahrea farts..
I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but that's happened time and time again. It's not just that 'it smells like shit' .. it's that it smells specifically and precisely like the very shit that's currently in my intestines.
sdobrev, I don't always have clay colored crap, but it's often tinged orange, and I've never had a solid shit in years.. Sometimes it's a little more composed than other times, but often it looks to be the consistency of really sloppy sloppy joe meat. Hah, I'm sorry it's terrible I know... but it's even worse having this problem. It's funny because my situation is like something out of a nightmare... doesn't seem like it should be possible, and if it even was, why would it happen to me?

I know this might sound a little crazy, but the backdraft I get when I'm close to people smells like whatever my shit happens to smell like that day. I've been at work, smelled these fleeting half second whiffs of what seems to be an awful fart, but they never linger like one... Then I'll go home, take a crap, and it's the exact same smell. It's horrifying to think that everytime I speak people can smell diahrea farts..
I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but that's happened time and time again. It's not just that 'it smells like shit' .. it's that it smells specifically and precisely like the very shit that's currently in my intestines.
sdobrev, I don't always have clay colored crap, but it's often tinged orange, and I've never had a solid shit in years.. Sometimes it's a little more composed than other times, but often it looks to be the consistency of really sloppy sloppy joe meat. Hah, I'm sorry it's terrible I know... but it's even worse having this problem. It's funny because my situation is like something out of a nightmare... doesn't seem like it should be possible, and if it even was, why would it happen to me?
mike987 wrote:
I know this might sound a little crazy, but the backdraft I get when I'm close to people smells like whatever my shit happens to smell like that day. I've been at work, smelled these fleeting half second whiffs of what seems to be an awful fart, but they never linger like one... Then I'll go home, take a crap, and it's the exact same smell.
That happens to me too!!
I've tried to explain it with an oral cause anyway, as it may be the same type of bacteria orally as in your intestines, so the same stench can be produced (and that can explain the backdraft). I get that backdraft more often when mouth is dry or I haven't cleaned my mouth. I think.
I've suspected my gastro tract too though. Among other things, I've tried Rifaximin, high dose, 10 days (see other thread). No change whatsoever.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Mike987,
As I mentioned in my previous post, you may need a good gastroenterologist for the problem with your bowel movements. However, in the meantime, you can take probiotics. I have been taking Probiotic Advantage, and I think it helped me. They are tiny little pearls that you swallow on an empty stomach and they put some beneficial bacteria into your intestinal tract. It will not get rid of your bad breath because the probiotics cannot kill the bad bacteria. Only an antibiotic can do that. But the probiotics might help with your loose stools that you have been complaining about. You can get a 3-month supply (3 boxes of 30 beadlets each) for $49.99 from Mountain Home Nutritionals.
As I mentioned in my previous post, you may need a good gastroenterologist for the problem with your bowel movements. However, in the meantime, you can take probiotics. I have been taking Probiotic Advantage, and I think it helped me. They are tiny little pearls that you swallow on an empty stomach and they put some beneficial bacteria into your intestinal tract. It will not get rid of your bad breath because the probiotics cannot kill the bad bacteria. Only an antibiotic can do that. But the probiotics might help with your loose stools that you have been complaining about. You can get a 3-month supply (3 boxes of 30 beadlets each) for $49.99 from Mountain Home Nutritionals.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Thanks for the advice, for sure.
I actually did find a gastroenterologist and went to one last week. The Doctor I spoke to said he would like to scope my stomach, and do a colonoscopy as well.
So I went in the next day and a different doctor performed the scoping of my stomach. I now have a photograph of what was once an ulcer.. now it's just scar tissue.. And he said I have Mild Gastritis.. He gave me a prescription for what is basically an antacid and so far it hasn't done anything for even my gaseousness. I'm pretty sure the Gastritis is a symptom of bacterial imbalance.
I'm going back in a week or so after using all this medicine for Gastritis and asking for the colonoscopy and blood tests for H.Pylori, C. Diff. and Crohn's Disease. My Japanese isn't so good, so it's difficult to communicate... I might even just ask for some Antibiotics.
I had a bad experience today.. apparently my breath was bad, because the nice person I worked with was always covering her nose as I spoke. Ugh, and my love interest, while we're good friends, ... Well I just know I could make her mine if it wasn't for this shit breath. I'm so ****ing sick of it.
Yes, I am planning on getting Probiotics... I should probably just start that now right... not like it could be any less effective if I use it now AND after the use of Antibiotics, yeah?
Is there a such thing as a superior Probiotic, or do they mostly include all the same organisms? I don't mind paying extra for a super dose of the best little critters I want living in my bowels.
Also, this might be a strange question, but would a Probiotic be more effective or have more chance to succeed if you just stuck the capsule up the rear? Or perhaps the idea is to get the capsule to slowly pass through the small intestine and it wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't swallow it..
I actually did find a gastroenterologist and went to one last week. The Doctor I spoke to said he would like to scope my stomach, and do a colonoscopy as well.
So I went in the next day and a different doctor performed the scoping of my stomach. I now have a photograph of what was once an ulcer.. now it's just scar tissue.. And he said I have Mild Gastritis.. He gave me a prescription for what is basically an antacid and so far it hasn't done anything for even my gaseousness. I'm pretty sure the Gastritis is a symptom of bacterial imbalance.
I'm going back in a week or so after using all this medicine for Gastritis and asking for the colonoscopy and blood tests for H.Pylori, C. Diff. and Crohn's Disease. My Japanese isn't so good, so it's difficult to communicate... I might even just ask for some Antibiotics.
I had a bad experience today.. apparently my breath was bad, because the nice person I worked with was always covering her nose as I spoke. Ugh, and my love interest, while we're good friends, ... Well I just know I could make her mine if it wasn't for this shit breath. I'm so ****ing sick of it.
Yes, I am planning on getting Probiotics... I should probably just start that now right... not like it could be any less effective if I use it now AND after the use of Antibiotics, yeah?
Is there a such thing as a superior Probiotic, or do they mostly include all the same organisms? I don't mind paying extra for a super dose of the best little critters I want living in my bowels.
Also, this might be a strange question, but would a Probiotic be more effective or have more chance to succeed if you just stuck the capsule up the rear? Or perhaps the idea is to get the capsule to slowly pass through the small intestine and it wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't swallow it..
They probably already checked for H Pylori when they scoped you.mike987 wrote:
I'm going back in a week or so after using all this medicine for Gastritis and asking for the colonoscopy and blood tests for H.Pylori, C. Diff. and Crohn's Disease. My Japanese isn't so good, so it's difficult to communicate... I might even just ask for some Antibiotics.
C Diff is found via fecal analysis/culture. If you have Crohn's they will find it during the colonoscopy.
But maybe you should ask them to test for SIBO, if they can
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Mike987,
The probiotics would help you now and after a course of antibiotics, but after taking antibiotics, you should definitely take probiotics because the antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria.
The little beadlets from Probiotic Advantage are coated so that they can make it through the stomach without the stomach acid destroying them. So you take them with a little water on an empty stomach. There are more powerful probiotics, but I have had a good experience with Probiotic Advantage, so I can recommend those.
Also, if you have a mild form of gastritis, you should stay away from irritant foods for a while and concentrate on foods that produce soft bulk in the intestines, such as steamed vegetables, boiled potatoes, etc. Fruit might be a little difficult because it might ferment in the intestines, but I can recommend papaya. It has a wonderful enzyme in it that helps you digest all the other food you eat and facilitates absorption of nutrients. I can tell you more about it, if you like. Don't buy the green ones - get one that is just turning yellow. There is information on the internet on how to buy it, slice it and eat it.
The probiotics would help you now and after a course of antibiotics, but after taking antibiotics, you should definitely take probiotics because the antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria.
The little beadlets from Probiotic Advantage are coated so that they can make it through the stomach without the stomach acid destroying them. So you take them with a little water on an empty stomach. There are more powerful probiotics, but I have had a good experience with Probiotic Advantage, so I can recommend those.
Also, if you have a mild form of gastritis, you should stay away from irritant foods for a while and concentrate on foods that produce soft bulk in the intestines, such as steamed vegetables, boiled potatoes, etc. Fruit might be a little difficult because it might ferment in the intestines, but I can recommend papaya. It has a wonderful enzyme in it that helps you digest all the other food you eat and facilitates absorption of nutrients. I can tell you more about it, if you like. Don't buy the green ones - get one that is just turning yellow. There is information on the internet on how to buy it, slice it and eat it.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
What are some irritant foods you think I should avoid?
I eat all kinds of things and always seem to have the same symptoms... I wonder if I've developed some food allergy to gluten... I eat bread,noodles, and rice constantly... but who doesn't?
I bought some probiotics online and my dad's going to send them to me in the next couple weeks.

Hm.. Papaya huh.. I'll keep my eye out for it. Just turning yellow..
So I had been taking a prescribed antacid, and after taking it for 4 days I can't say whether it's actually doing anything. I still have gas and bloating, though it might be 5 percent better.. can't say for certain. I did have what seemed to be a small genuine solid turd today, but it was followed by the usual slop. Yuck, I know.
I eat all kinds of things and always seem to have the same symptoms... I wonder if I've developed some food allergy to gluten... I eat bread,noodles, and rice constantly... but who doesn't?
I bought some probiotics online and my dad's going to send them to me in the next couple weeks.

Hm.. Papaya huh.. I'll keep my eye out for it. Just turning yellow..
So I had been taking a prescribed antacid, and after taking it for 4 days I can't say whether it's actually doing anything. I still have gas and bloating, though it might be 5 percent better.. can't say for certain. I did have what seemed to be a small genuine solid turd today, but it was followed by the usual slop. Yuck, I know.
-
Music Lady
- Advanced
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 pm
mindyb, any update on your gallbladder tests? Did you get anywhere with the HIDA tests?
I've been having some lower abdominal pain also but it gets worse as I get closer to menstruation but it doesn't feel like cramps. Sometimes it seems to radiate to my right side. Strange. Anyway getting a sonagram done is on my list of things to do.
I've been having some lower abdominal pain also but it gets worse as I get closer to menstruation but it doesn't feel like cramps. Sometimes it seems to radiate to my right side. Strange. Anyway getting a sonagram done is on my list of things to do.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.