THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bb through nose and mouth (toxic smell) - Thoughts please!?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Maz
Total Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 am

Bb through nose and mouth (toxic smell) - Thoughts please!?

Post by Maz »

Hi, Firstly thank god I found this site. I've been getting so low about my bb recently, and just finding this site has gave me a little more hope.

Basically I get intermittant bb through both my nose and mouth...you can smell it from about a metre away without me even speaking. I say its intermittant as I only get this 3 times a month and it lasts about 2 days a time.

Obviously my first thought was food, I cut all sorts out of my diet. The usuals they tell you plus more, but it didn't change the pattern at all! My dentist has said I have no problems with my teeth...which makes sense as the smell is just as bad from my nose.

My doctor recently gave me some nasal steroids to try to open up my sinuses as he thought they may be causing it...but a month later still no luck!! ](*,) The smell seems to subside slightly if I take these sinus drops I bought from Therabreath, it seems to cut the length of time that the smell lasts for...but doesn't prevent it. Also, there is no way of me telling I have the bb apart from hen I'm home to ask my partner...so I don't know when to take them!

I've also tried the baking soda toothpaste, hydrogen peroxide gargle that some people have mentioned on here but I still have no improvement. My partner says its a toxic smell, other times I have the 'poo' smell others have mentioned. But that goes away with a quick gargle of hydrogen peroxide mixed with water so I'm not too concerned about that.

This really is ruining my life, so if anyone has any ideas for me to try, or has a similar story...please let me know! Would be great to hear from you! :lol:
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

Welcome to a world of stink. Your problem sounds rather unique... or perhaps it's just getting started.

Anyway, I'm about as lost as anyone here.. Been doing baking soda gargle and tried a little hydrogen peroxide but I'm not seeing substantial improvements.

The drugs I got from the Gastroenterologist for my bowel problems aren't helping either.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I had the worst BB from my mouth, but it never came out of my nose and this was despite having tonsils that stank and tonsil stones and a tongue that smelled like I'd been eating shit. I think if BB comes from the nose, its means its either coming from the esophagus or bloodborne/lungs or its originating inside the nose/sinuses somewhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗