THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

First post. Desperate for advice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SIW
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:39 pm

First post. Desperate for advice

Post by SIW »

Hi Guys,

I have followed this site for some time and the knowledge and advice shared amongst everyone suffering with this curse has prompted me to put a post up, with the hope that someone can point me in the right direction so I can try and rid myself from this crap, as I fear my condition is only getting worse.

So my story and symtoms are as follows;

I started noticing a badish taste appearing in my mouth from the age of 13/14, more or less just after I had gone through puberty. The taste of most foods would linger and the bad taste from morning breath would slowly return after brushing in the morning. I got the odd comment from friends but nothing that affected me too much and a few pieces of chewing gum throughout the day would easily over power any odor. I carried on like this for about 5 years or so and didn't really attempt to do too much about it as the gum would be enough to 'mask' the problem.

But, since I was about 18/19 (I'm 23 now) the problem has gotten progressively worse. I hadnever noticed things such as the coating on my tongue or things like tonsil stones but when I began checking out this site, I started inspecting my tonsils and noticed when massaging them, foul smelling yellowish goo would appear. I have also noticed over the last couple of years that the drip down the back of my throat has gotten progressively worse and sometimes I feel like the back of my throat and tongue has an infection + I'm constantly having to clear my throat and cough up phlegm. The phlegm however never smells and is generally clear. I spend a lot of time in the morning thoroughly cleaning my tongue with a brush and water before using toothpaste and It's pretty easy to get clean but the coating does tend to reappear throughout the day.

I have a nettie pot and saline solution but everytime I use this, I tend to find it makes the taste at the back of my tongue worse for days on end and doesn't help prevent any of the PND.

Now this is something that you guys will perhaps find strange but when I'm out drinking, I generally find the tastes improves and even awaking the next day after a heavy night, my mouth feels healthier than it would during the week when alcohol free. What I do however find is that a couple of days after a heavy night out, the taste of the drip becomes fecking awful and I'm certain this is when the odor is at it's worst. When this occurs, the hairs on my tongue seem longer and thinner meaning any debris is easily trapped.

To sum up, my symtoms are,

PND
Tonsil goo
Very hairy tongue that coats easily
Terrible taste CONSTANTLY
The odors I can sometimes notice are kind of cheesy/fishy

Sometimes I may have a good week where the PND Isn't too bad and my mouth feels generally healthy. These weeks are becoming quite infrequent now and I'm so terrified this condition is just going to get worse. I'm only 23 and a good looking guy from London but It's got to the stage where I'm terrified of getting intimate with anyone unless I'm completely pissed as that is the only time the odors and taste seem to be kept at bay.

Any advice on what I should do would HUGELY appreciated.

Thank you.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

You say you've been following the forum for a while, so no doubt you'll have seen an ENT and ruled out all obvious BB causes.

You'll also know about TMAU and the fact that the test is free in the UK?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗